Week 8: Pleasant Grove @ Atlanta

H3llR4z0r

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • Atlanta Rabbits

I disagree. Sometimes you may have a key player or players out and need a little extra time to get them back and hope for an "easier" opponent. Sometimes you would prefer a softer opponent to keep polishing your game. Anyway, I was just wondering if you had a preference on an opponent for rd 1.

Really it shouldn't matter. I am one of few that still believe that only the top two teams should advance to the playoffs. By the time you play 10 games you should be polished.

Concentrate, focus, execution! Bring it all together this week.

We keep getting better and learn from our mistakes every week. It's the little things that got us last week. You'll see a better Hawks again this week but this time for four full quarters.

Why have you mellowed so much?

Really it shouldn't matter. I am one of few that still believe that only the top two teams should advance to the playoffs. By the time you play 10 games you should be polished.

Oh come on man. It's an extra 2 weeks of football. Who doesn't want to see 2 more weeks of football?!?

Plus I like the 4 team playoff system because in a lot of cases, some of the best teams don't even get a shot. Can you imagine only 2 of the teams from this district making it to the playoffs?

• Like 1

It was a rough weekend to say the least. Only got worse last night.

Friday-
Rangers Lost

Rabbs Lost

Saturday-

Longhorns lost (I WAS THERE)

State Fair of Texas was fun though..

Sunday-

COWBOYS WON!

Rangers lost again. For the last time this year...

Oh come on man. It's an extra 2 weeks of football. Who doesn't want to see 2 more weeks of football?!?

Plus I like the 4 team playoff system because in a lot of cases, some of the best teams don't even get a shot. Can you imagine only 2 of the teams from this district making it to the playoffs?

Yes. I understand what you are saying but wasn't it last year that a district only had 4 teams and the last place team was 0-10 and still went to the playoffs ?

Yes. I understand what you are saying but wasn't it last year that a district only had 4 teams and the last place team was 0-10 and still went to the playoffs ?

Haha now that's funny. I mean I guess it's possible but at least they get matched up against a #1 seed from another district.

Stopped posting and drinking:)

Take a drink and post. You are a lot more fun when you drink then post. Y'all have your hands full Friday night. Atlanta is better than the scored Friday.

Stopped posting and drinking:)

Take a drink and post. You are a lot more fun when you drink then post. Y'all have your hands full Friday night. Atlanta is better than the scored Friday.
  • Like 1

I think that PG will come out on fire it's do or die time win because can't fall behind in this district 0-2 is going to be tough overcome so I know both teams will slug it out for 4 quarter but I can see PG with that last and final chance win it at end so Hawks by 7 points come Friday night in Atlanta

Yeah..that was a Houston district that only had 5 teams...and then one of them dropped football so the 0-10 team got in by default. The current system does allow some bad teams but you also get some 4th place teams like GW a couple years ago that went to the 4th round.

• Like 1

This is really a must-win game for Atlanta, as I'm sure it is for PG too. Not because Atlanta CAN'T beat Gladewater or Gilmer, but because IF they do lose to both, they will be out of the playoffs if they lose this game.

That being said, Atlanta always seems to have PG's number. They always seem to have the formula for beating PG. Hopefully this year is no different. Atlanta can't afford to come out like they did against Pitt, because PG also has the athletes to put us down if we do.

Wow! The highlights look like the score. ATL just played terrible. If they play like these highlights PG will beat them. I have seen ATL 2 times this year and they did not look like that. Whoa!!

Glad to know that an unbiased fan feels that way. I was beginning to think I was crazy. Props to Pittsburg, them boys came to play, and ours expected to be handed a win. This happens every season for us. That's why they play so well in the playoffs, because they know nothing about their opponent.

Wow! The highlights look like the score. ATL just played terrible. If they play like these highlights PG will beat them. I have seen ATL 2 times this year and they did not look like that. Whoa!!

You think that's BAD it didn't even really show how they did us in midfield they cut through us we had probably 30 chances to tackle them for losses and took awful angles or just didn't wrap up or just fell down or was trying to arm tackle. We was also in press coverage with no backside safety to there big fast D1 reciever to our 5"10 DB. Our DB was always right there but the WR was way taller and stronger if a team can just shut him down and contain #9 to the middle you can get some stops. And our O-Line was letting guys back untoched #20 wasn't blocked the whole game and we did not adjust. We will be back this week and will show we are still a top team.

A big difference this week for the Atlanta defense will be that PG has basically no passing game.

Every now and then they will attempt one but its mainly line it up and run the football.

Their run defense also struggles, plus the game is in @ atlanta.

Smells like a win for the rabbs to me, but I expect PG to make a close game out of it.

If the rabbs take PG lightly, it could be trouble.

A big difference this week for the Atlanta defense will be that PG has basically no passing game.

Every now and then they will attempt one but its mainly line it up and run the football.

Their run defense also struggles, plus the game is in @ atlanta.

Smells like a win for the rabbs to me, but I expect PG to make a close game out of it.

If the rabbs take PG lightly, it could be trouble.

Pitt didn't have much of a passing game. Mainly screens that ate us up, because their WR was massive. We never made any adjustments to start it, and after he stiff-armed our DB to the ground a couple of times, he didn't want anymore. They literally ran all over us, which as you know, is not very normal for our defense. I think they had 320 rushing yards against us.