Gladewater @ Gilmer

Gwbears24

Gladewater vs Gilmer  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got ?

Speaking of these temporary bleachers, here's the text I got from somebody regarding them today "Our fans are in trouble. We have NO seating. It's gonna be bad. They added some measly seats in the end zone for about 4 rows of people, not good".... Gilmer folks, have the bleachers been put up, and if they have and they are as y'all say "meant for Gilmer's fan overflow", will they allow Gladewater fans to sit there or will the current head coach tell the refs to tell them they cant sit there and/or talk if they do sit there.

Haha that's pretty funny. "NO TALKING OR CHEERING"

• Like 1

The last time those "measly" stands (could seat about 200) were put in the south end of the stadium they weren't even used even after we were told there would be an overflow crowd. The temporary stands were put there before the home side was rebuilt. The revamping of the stadium added several hundred to the home side. Those stands were "intended" for Gilmer's general admission overflow. If our fans don't use them, I say let Gladewater use them..., provided they have filled up the visitor's side first, and there is no more room available, just no band is allowed to sit there.

The only time in recent memory that Gladewater filled up their side of a stadium was in Lobo, and probably a third of them were non-partisan fans who wanted to see a good game.

It may be the same way this week. I know that Atlanta has a few fans that are boycotting, so they're going to the G-town game. It would definitely fill up on a Saturday.

Gladewater visitor side seats WAY more than Gilmer's..... Besides that I haven't seen the visitor side full since last time we hosted Gilmer I think.

:lol: Does it? I definitely don't think so. On the bright side, though, Gladewater does have plenty of seats on its home side. You can tell by all the empty seats. :lol:

• Like 1

Speaking of these temporary bleachers, here's the text I got from somebody regarding them today "Our fans are in trouble. We have NO seating. It's gonna be bad. They added some measly seats in the end zone for about 4 rows of people, not good".... Gilmer folks, have the bleachers been put up, and if they have and they are as y'all say "meant for Gilmer's fan overflow", will they allow Gladewater fans to sit there or will the current head coach tell the refs to tell them they cant sit there and/or talk if they do sit there.

The bleachers are up, but they aren't much.

I remember sitting on the hill at Gladewater's stadium a number of times over the years, so NO, you can't use our extra bleachers. Get there early or get ready to stand up the whole game. Oh yeah, have fun parking, as I am sure you know, visitor parking in Gilmer is some of the nicest, closest, and fan friendly in all of East Texas.

Gladewater visitor side seats WAY more than Gilmer's..... Besides that I haven't seen the visitor side full since last time we hosted Gilmer I think.

I take back my statement, there are APPROXIMATELY 1,125 visitor seats in Gladewater, and 1,350 in Gilmer.... Gladewater does have luxury of having standing room space behind visitor side though....

I remember sitting on the hill at Gladewater's stadium a number of times over the years, so NO, you can't use our extra bleachers. Get there early or get ready to stand up the whole game. Oh yeah, have fun parking, as I am sure you know, visitor parking in Gilmer is some of the nicest, closest, and fan friendly in all of East Texas.

Like ol' Doomer would say, "Tru storie!" :lol:

I take back my statement, there are APPROXIMATELY 1,125 visitor seats in Gladewater, and 1,350 in Gilmer.... Gladewater does have luxury of having standing room space behind visitor side though....

You could stand behind our visitor bleachers, too. You won't be able to see the game, but .... :lol:

I'll be there early enough to have a seat, don't worry about me... For those interested, gates will open at 6 o'clock according to Gilmer Superintendent, Judy Moore.

I'll be there early enough to have a seat, don't worry about me... For those interested, gates will open at 6 o'clock according to Gilmer Superintendent, Judy Moore.

Cool.

Tatum filled up the visitor side and it was standing room only at kick-off during our pre-district game last year, so I would expect a full house on Friday.

I wonder if that's counting the home band seats cause if so , GW would still have more available seats for visitor side. Not even counting the hill and behind where people can stand

I wonder if that's counting the home band seats cause if so , GW would still have more available seats for visitor side. Not even counting the hill and behind where people can stand

That number (don't know where he got it) does not include the visitor's side bleachers for our band. I think that number was before those stands were even built. The visitor's side is rarely filled to capacity. It's been several years since our stadium was completely full. I hope it does fill up.

It is said that Jeff Traylor Stadium will seat 7150. If that's the case, it would mean the home side seats in excess of 5000 (which I highly doubt) if the visitor's side will only seat 1350. I've seen as many as 9000 (estimated) in the stadium before the home side was rebuilt.

Get there early is all I got to say.

:lol: Does it? I definitely don't think so. On the bright side, though, Gladewater does have plenty of seats on its home side. You can tell by all the empty seats. :lol:

Dont understand why Gladewater fans complaining about seat. There is only about 400 Gladewater fans at the games.

That number (don't know where he got it) does not include the visitor's side bleachers for our band. I think that number was before those stands were even built. The visitor's side is rarely filled to capacity. It's been several years since our stadium was completely full. I hope it does fill up.

I do too and I'd be shocked if it wasn't completely full .

You just stirring the pot... Lol

Yea I love to stir it up haha. On a serious note though, I would be thoroughly surprised if it wasn't completely full. Like I've said, I wish I could be there. We have some old men that will be though. They're boycotting Atlanta at the moment lol.