who's lovelady's true "rival"

elifromlovelady

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Lovelady's true "Rival"

• Groveton
    • Grapeland
    • both
    • neither

Grapeland. Even when it was lopsided, there was plenty of bad blood. More of a full sport rivalry too. Basketball fills gyms, softball is nasty, baseball is brutal. It's a good one. Lovelady replaced Elkhart as Grapeland main rival the last decade IMO.

I graduated from Grapeland in 2004, and we never considered Lovelady a rival. We wouldn't even put them on the schedule back then because their program was terrible compared to what it is now. Grapeland's two biggest rivals were Groveton and Elkhart.

Now, waaaaaayyyy back Grapeland's two biggest rivals were Crockett(1920's-1950's) and Hunstville(1920s-1940s)

Grapeland. Even when it was lopsided, there was plenty of bad blood. More of a full sport rivalry too. Basketball fills gyms, softball is nasty, baseball is brutal. It's a good one. Lovelady replaced Elkhart as Grapeland main rival the last decade IMO.

You wouldn't consider Alto and Grapeland for past decade plus??

As a rivalry? Or as a lay there and take it?

Greezy you KILL ME :rofl: :rofl: .....back in the 80's early 90's....we use to tell our RB WHEN they broke the LOS...to run OUT OF BOUNDS to keep the score down....kind of hard though to tell that 3rd string RB when he broke the line to run out of bounds.....AM glad they fixed the stadium set up.....use to be that the visitor's stands were "offset" to one side and you never really knew where you were in comparison to the goal line....think they were offset more toward the field house than the train tracks(pre running track)...THAT'S how old I am!!!!

You wouldn't consider Alto and Grapeland for past decade plus??

It was competitive in football for a few years, but Alto has surged ahead and Grapeland has been rebuilding the program. Never really saw a rivalry in any other sport outside of maybe track...

According to Monty Jack Driskell he told me that it was Groveton. His opinion on anything related to football carries a lot of weight with me.

Yep, I think most that played for LL in the past like some of my family members would say Groveton.
  • Like 1