Week 9: Atlanta (1-1) @ Gladewater (1-1)

H3llR4z0r

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Atlanta Rabbits
    • Gladewater Bears

I'll add a preview tomorrow! Excited for this matchup!

Atlanta Rabbits(5-2) vs Gladewater Bears(5-1)

Gladewater's opponents combined records - (21-23) .457

Atlanta's opponents combined records - (25-17) .595

The series is tied at (8-8), dating all the way back to 1962.

Gladewater averages 40.5 PPG, while allowing just 15.7 PPG.
Atlanta averages 32 PPG, while allowing 24 PPG.

Last 5 meetings:

2015 - Atlanta - 35 | Gladewater - 28

2014 - Gladewater - 36 | Atlanta - 14

2013 - Gladewater - 34 | Atlanta - 33 - Area playoff

2013 - Gladewater - 46 | Atlanta - 39

2012 - Atlanta - 31 | Gladewater - 20

Atlanta is coming in after a close, come from behind win against Pleasant Grove (14-7).

Gladewater is coming up short in after playing a close game in a East Texas classic with Gilmer (28-35).

Gladewater's Schedule | Atlanta's Schedule

Gladewater Highlights vs Gilmer

Atlanta Highlights vs Pleasant-Grove

I like our chances if Atlanta can get their offense in sync. Between the Pitt/PG games, Atlanta's offense went over 4 qtrs straight without a score.

PG was only able to get in the redzone twice, so I'm pretty confident in our defense. I hope they have gotten their mojo back. We're still missing our big DT. He will be out until the last game of the season.

I'll add a preview tomorrow! Excited for this matchup!

Atlanta Rabbits(5-2) vs Gladewater Bears(5-1)

Gladewater's opponents combined records - (21-23) .457

Atlanta's opponents combined records - (25-17) .595

Atlanta leads the series (8-7),Dating all the way back to 1962.

Last 5 meetings:

2015 - Atlanta - 35 | Gladewater - 28

2014 - Gladewater - 36 | Atlanta - 14

2013 - Gladewater - 46 | Atlanta - 39

2012 - Atlanta - 31 | Gladewater - 20

2006 - Atlanta - 30 | Gladewater - 8

Atlanta is coming in after a close, come from behind win against Pleasant Grove (14-7).

Gladewater is coming up short in after playing a close game in a East Texas classic with Gilmer (28-35).

I think you forgot a game in there. Seems we played Atlanta twice one of those years and beat them both games. I believe it was 2013 or 2014. Can't remember offhand.

I think you forgot a game in there. Seems we played Atlanta twice one of those years and beat them both games. I believe it was 2013 or 2014. Can't remember offhand.

I'm unsure. This is all the information I have right now.

Ahh I found it! I'm making corrections. It was a close game.

I'm unsure. This is all the information I have right now.

Ahh I found it! I'm making corrections. It was a close game.

Yes it was. I remembered it because I thought at the time it would be hard to beat y'all twice in same year. If I'm not mistaken it was at Lobo, pouring rain, and our Mack Truck ran for his career high rushing. Great game but nail biter!

Yes it was. I remembered it because I thought at the time it would be hard to beat y'all twice in same year. If I'm not mistaken it was at Lobo, pouring rain, and our Mack Truck ran for his career high rushing. Great game but nail biter!

Yep. We went into 2014 remembering the Mack.

Really pretty happy with the defensive effort Atlanta put in last week. Held PG to just 147 yards and 7 first downs.

In order to keep up with Gladewater, Atlanta is going to have to find a way to get their offense back in sync. Not sure what has happened since the Tatum game, but it just hasn't been the same. The passing game has been non-existent. I am very happy with how Atlanta came out in the 2nd half against PG though. #9 - Nick Cooper is the fastest, and strongest kid on the team, but he never gets any playing time. Well this week, they came out with him in the 3rd and he just pounded the rock from then on. We actually started rotating a couple of our backs in and out, instead of running #2 all night.

Added highlights to the preview. The Gladewater highlights weren't very good, as in they didn't get some of the better stuff. They missed a few of Atlanta's too like the block FG.

True and the stats ar end of the Gladewater/Gilmer were not even close to being accurate except the Buckeye turnovers. That stat was right.

I want to take Atlanta but I just cant come up with a good reason to do so...so Im leaning GW. Hey razor...give me a good reason to take the Rabbs.

Honestly EnjoyLife, I believe the outcome of this game will hinge on Atlanta's ability to get into a rhythm on offense. Atlanta's defense has the personnel and talent to stop, or at least slow down the Gladewater rushing attack. We've had success against predominant rushing teams this season that had a limited passing game (LE, Tatum). I know Tatum didn't play well against you guys, but they have a pretty stacked team, and a very large offensive line. Either way, we were vastly over matched size wise against both. If we can stop them from running, we can stop Gladewater.

I wish I could explain what happened against Pitt, but they're a pretty salty team when they're firing on all cylinders. Atlanta went into that game expecting the W to be handed to them and it didn't work that way. Halftime we were down 35-20, and thought we would comeback, till an option pitch got picked for 6, then they gave in.

The PG game was ugly. Atlanta dropped 2 touchdown passes in the first half, and once the 2nd half started, they resorted to just pounding the rock, and managed to score 2 touchdowns and hold off PG. The defense managed to hold PG to 147 total yards. Atlanta finally started to use some of their athletes as well. It makes no sense to me why #9 saw no playing time against Pitt or Tatum, but he pulled us through against PG. He's the fastest, and strongest kid on our team, but never sees the field.

So the real question is, do you believe Atlanta can get their offensive struggles under control? I do. But I'm also biased when it comes to my home team. I do however, believe that we can slow down the Gladewater rushing attack enough to win, if our offense can play like they have been. Hopefully it doesn't rain Friday lol.

Honestly EnjoyLife, I believe the outcome of this game will hinge on Atlanta's ability to get into a rhythm on offense. Atlanta's defense has the personnel and talent to stop, or at least slow down the Gladewater rushing attack. We've had success against predominant rushing teams this season that had a limited passing game (LE, Tatum). I know Tatum didn't play well against you guys, but they have a pretty stacked team, and a very large offensive line. Either way, we were vastly over matched size wise against both. If we can stop them from running, we can stop Gladewater.

I wish I could explain what happened against Pitt, but they're a pretty salty team when they're firing on all cylinders. Atlanta went into that game expecting the W to be handed to them and it didn't work that way. Halftime we were down 35-20, and thought we would comeback, till an option pitch got picked for 6, then they gave in.

The PG game was ugly. Atlanta dropped 2 touchdown passes in the first half, and once the 2nd half started, they resorted to just pounding the rock, and managed to score 2 touchdowns and hold off PG. The defense managed to hold PG to 147 total yards. Atlanta finally started to use some of their athletes as well. It makes no sense to me why #9 saw no playing time against Pitt or Tatum, but he pulled us through against PG. He's the fastest, and strongest kid on our team, but never sees the field.

So the real question is, do you believe Atlanta can get their offensive struggles under control? I do. But I'm also biased when it comes to my home team. I do however, believe that we can slow down the Gladewater rushing attack enough to win, if our offense can play like they have been. Hopefully it doesn't rain Friday lol.

If Atlanta stopped Tatum they can stop gladewater??? Ok....