Week 9: Atlanta (1-1) @ Gladewater (1-1)

H3llR4z0r

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Atlanta Rabbits
    • Gladewater Bears

I'm here buddy lol good thing is this week I believe webster will be playing.

Haha finally some backup.

This underdog stuff has got you pretty bent out of shape I see .....

Nah not bent out of shape, fired up! I'm ready for Friday haha!

One thing ATL will have to do if they have any chance to beat Gladewater is stack the box. They will run big ole' #25 up the gut on you for four or five yards all night, #3, can go both inside and outside, but mostly on off tackle plays. # 11, the QB is very quick, and can scoot. Better be ready for him running wide, if he ever turns the corner, well you may not touch him. It will be critical for ATL to keep him turned up inside. I don't know definite stats oh the QB, but I'd bet that his completion percentage when they "do" throw, is about 50%. Not sure if this is true, but was told he had thrown only 6 passes all year before the Gilmer game. I think he threw at least that many against us. They won't try and beat you with the pass, they just try and establish that run, and pound, pound, pound. It's like Daryl Royal's philosophy,,, 4 yards and a cloud of dust,,,(or in todays world) cloud of rubber pellets. They do tend to keep the chains moving, so ATL won't have that many opportunities to score. So they better make good on the ones they do have. One thing I noticed about #25 is, that he really doesn't like to get hit much. If one man gets ahold of him good,, he will go down pretty easily,, at least that is what he did last week. If he hits the line quick, with a good lean to his body, he will pick up at least 4 or 5 yards per carry about 80% of the time. None of these stats or comments are 100% accurate, they are just my opinion by how things went against Gilmer. Happywater is a very hard team to stop,, trust me.

One thing ATL will have to do if they have any chance to beat Gladewater is stack the box. They will run big ole' #25 up the gut on you for four or five yards all night, #3, can go both inside and outside, but mostly on off tackle plays. # 11, the QB is very quick, and can scoot. Better be ready for him running wide, if he ever turns the corner, well you may not touch him. It will be critical for ATL to keep him turned up inside. I don't know definite stats oh the QB, but I'd bet that his completion percentage when they "do" throw, is about 50%. Not sure if this is true, but was told he had thrown only 6 passes all year before the Gilmer game. I think he threw at least that many against us. They won't try and beat you with the pass, they just try and establish that run, and pound, pound, pound. It's like Daryl Royal's philosophy,,, 4 yards and a cloud of dust,,,(or in todays world) cloud of rubber pellets. They do tend to keep the chains moving, so ATL won't have that many opportunities to score. So they better make good on the ones they do have. One thing I noticed about #25 is, that he really doesn't like to get hit much. If one man gets ahold of him good,, he will go down pretty easily,, at least that is what he did last week. If he hits the line quick, with a good lean to his body, he will pick up at least 4 or 5 yards per carry about 80% of the time. None of these stats or comments are 100% accurate, they are just my opinion by how things went against Gilmer. Happywater is a very hard team to stop,, trust me.

The 6 passes before Gilmer game is very inaccurate..... Callaway (by my count, which isnt always accurate but it's close) had thrown 28 passes on the year before the gilmer game and threw it 10 times in gilmer so he's up to 38 times on the year or 6.3 passes per game.... McKnight (#25) has been a workhorse battling injuries all year, he only carried the ball 1 time vs Spring Hill due to injuries... if he looked timid, that was probably the reason. #3 Davis, is the better all around back in my opinion and he can run with the best of them, and yes Callaway is FAST..... very fast! if atl doesnt contain the edge GW will score A LOT, if they do the score will stay in the 25-35 range with longer possessions for GW. If Atlanta's offense is struggling already, thats not good news for them because GW defense is LEGIT.

I count them as such, but that could one of those things where I differ from others. I guess I never really thought about it until now that you bring it up. I'm probably wrong, but I can always go back and recount since I keep a play by play log.

I never count them.

Go to DTorian_Smith7 on tweeter u can watch it

I just saw it. I can't see his number though. I'm sure the coaches know who it is though and are dealing with it. He may not even be playing, may be why we've had a lot more trouble with our line since Tatum. I'm going to do some digging.