Week 9: Atlanta (1-1) @ Gladewater (1-1)

H3llR4z0r

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Atlanta Rabbits
    • Gladewater Bears

You really shouldn't take my posts so extreme and to heart GWbearnation. Look at it from both sides of the tracks bud. There are literally only 2 Atlanta posters on here, the poll is as lopsided as I've ever seen it, and there are multiple Gladewater/Gilmer/Random fans coming in saying why Gladewater is win, and even some saying it's not even going to be close. Of course I'm going to blast back with why I believe my team has just as much chance of beating the SuperBears as the next. No sense in getting all bent out of shape about it.

In all fairness I took your original post to mean exactly what BearNation did. And to say he is getting all bent out of shape because of his comments is not fair. We could say the same of you. Everyone has a right to their own opinions and the right to state them here, but at same time must realize that right is for everyone. Part of the problem with many posters on this site is they want to say anything they want and then use the excuse that people shouldn't take their comments to heart. Bottom line is they are making the comments to irritate people.

It's great that you believe in your team as we do ours. I know Atlanta probably has a more balanced offensive attack than the Bears. The Bears don't throw the ball much, not necessarily because they can't, but because they don't have to. Regardless of what others have said, the Bears could have won last week even without passing the ball.

Personally, I would rather play a team like Atlanta than one like Gilmer. We actually matchup better against Atlanta. I still believe the key will be who dominates the line of scrimmage. You said in another post that y'all have had trouble with your OL play. That could be a big issue. If our defense stays in the Atlanta backfield it could be a long night for Atlanta. On defense, does Atlanta have the athletes to defend the pass, because if y'all stack the box you will have less players to defend the pass? On the other side the Bears don't need to stack the box to stop the run.

Gilmer cannot line up and run the ball like years past. They don't have that real bruiser, and the good RB they have, they do not seem to use.

Got it.

Will save the discussion for the Gilmer @ Atlanta thread.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope the Rabbits pull off the upset, the Bears are are tough, strong team.

Yall would have to stack the box if we was in the I-formation or you would get luck to stop any drive and we have extremely fast Corners both run in the low 4.4 range and both have gold and silver medals in track last year if our QB plays safety um notworried aabout the pass at all he's not as fast but can read a play well and positions himself extremely well. Our other safety will help us stop the run he can hit. But Golfingnut how big is yalls O-line I asked a while back but we all got side tracked.I believe this will be a close game I believe in these kids if they play like I no they can I know they can compete with the best.

Yall would have to stack the box if we was in the I-formation or you would get luck to stop any drive and we have extremely fast Corners both run in the low 4.4 range and both have gold and silver medals in track last year if our QB plays safety um notworried aabout the pass at all he's not as fast but can read a play well and positions himself extremely well. Our other safety will help us stop the run he can hit. But Golfingnut how big is yalls O-line I asked a while back but we all got side tracked.I believe this will be a close game I believe in these kids if they play like I no they can I know they can compete with the best.

Golfingnut can give you better details on the Bear line, but I can tell you they are pretty big. Not overwhelming big, but big nonetheless. They are also really good and execute like a machine.

Golfingnut can give you better details on the Bear line, but I can tell you they are pretty big. Not overwhelming big, but big nonetheless. They are also really good and execute like a machine.

Well said. BiggestRabbit, In fairness I can't tell you heights and weights. I will say this, they are very experienced and have done a good job this year of controlling the line of scrimmage. As far as stats go, we are averaging 6.34 yards a rush (6.48 in 1st half & 6.16 in 2nd), so I would say our OL is doing a great job.

In all fairness I took your original post to mean exactly what BearNation did. And to say he is getting all bent out of shape because of his comments is not fair. We could say the same of you. Everyone has a right to their own opinions and the right to state them here, but at same time must realize that right is for everyone. Part of the problem with many posters on this site is they want to say anything they want and then use the excuse that people shouldn't take their comments to heart. Bottom line is they are making the comments to irritate people.

It's great that you believe in your team as we do ours. I know Atlanta probably has a more balanced offensive attack than the Bears. The Bears don't throw the ball much, not necessarily because they can't, but because they don't have to. Regardless of what others have said, the Bears could have won last week even without passing the ball.

Personally, I would rather play a team like Atlanta than one like Gilmer. We actually matchup better against Atlanta. I still believe the key will be who dominates the line of scrimmage. You said in another post that y'all have had trouble with your OL play. That could be a big issue. If our defense stays in the Atlanta backfield it could be a long night for Atlanta. On defense, does Atlanta have the athletes to defend the pass, because if y'all stack the box you will have less players to defend the pass? On the other side the Bears don't need to stack the box to stop the run.

The reason I say don't take my comments to heart is because I don't post maliciously, unless someone starts in on me. I said what I said to state that we have different strengths than Gilmer. Certain teams play better/worse against others. Our offense is usually not quite as predictable as others. Sometimes it is. Who knows, because I sure don't, and I've been watching them for years.

Our secondary play is suspect. Same dbs we had last year, minus our D1 DB. He didn't come in until late in the game last year, as one of our dbs was getting burned every play on the deep route. That kid is a starting db this year, so I look for Gladewater to test him. Our other db played very well last year, and so so this year. I think it may be because he has been playing both ways a lot. Hopefully we rotate our backs and allow him some rest.

Good luck to the rabbs. Atl can pull it off if they play up to their potential.

If no adjustments are made from last week though it could be a long night for the rabbs

Definitely have to get the offense back to it's former glory. We will have to put up points tonight, because you can only hold Gladewater off for so long. Our best bet is to do like last year, capitalize early, and try to force some early turnovers.

I understand that GW faithful have confidence in their team, but do y'all not realize that Atlanta's defense is extremely stout vs. veer/power/counter offenses???? Throughout the season ATL has only given up 42 points in 3 games against similar offenses (Predominately run based with big, physical, offensive lines, and large backs). Thats 14 points per contest vs teams that run that style of offense. If you think you'r going to put up more than 21 you're being extremely prideful and not looking at this objectively. Gilmer obviously has this mistique about them in this part of the state, but if you watch a little film of their defense you will notice that they aren't very good. They struggle to stop the run up front and are suspect in the secondary. ATL not so much. Putting up 28 on Gilmer is a moral victory I guess?? Liberty Eylau put up 55 of the same defense.

Offensively, ATL put up 53 and 500 yards of offense against Tatum who has a defense that is, in my opinion, one of the best in 4A DII. They put up 31 and 400 yards of offense against Liberty-Eylau who has the best looking defense in the region. If you think GW's front seven is better than Tatum's or LE's... you may want to watch a little film. GW's secondary is suspect at best. They do have a fine looking group up front, but certainly not of the caliber of what ATL has played thus far. If ATL gets the throw game going early (what they've been missing the past two games)... it will be a long night for GW's defense.

If you look at the two games that GW played teams that weren't just straight up donkeys (i.e. Gilmer and Kilgore) the gave up 64 points in those two games combined. Where is all of this defensive confidence coming from??? If you don't think ATL can put up at least 30 you're crazy.

I understand that GW faithful have confidence in their team, but do y'all not realize that Atlanta's defense is extremely stout vs. veer/power/counter offenses???? Throughout the season ATL has only given up 42 points in 3 games against similar offenses (Predominately run based with big, physical, offensive lines, and large backs). Thats 14 points per contest vs teams that run that style of offense. If you think you'r going to put up more than 21 you're being extremely prideful and not looking at this objectively. Gilmer obviously has this mistique about them in this part of the state, but if you watch a little film of their defense you will notice that they aren't very good. They struggle to stop the run up front and are suspect in the secondary. ATL not so much. Putting up 28 on Gilmer is a moral victory I guess?? Liberty Eylau put up 55 of the same defense.

Offensively, ATL put up 53 and 500 yards of offense against Tatum who has a defense that is, in my opinion, one of the best in 4A DII. They put up 31 and 400 yards of offense against Liberty-Eylau who has the best looking defense in the region. If you think GW's front seven is better than Tatum's or LE's... you may want to watch a little film. GW's secondary is suspect at best. They do have a fine looking group up front, but certainly not of the caliber of what ATL has played thus far. If ATL gets the throw game going early (what they've been missing the past two games)... it will be a long night for GW's defense.

If you look at the two games that GW played teams that weren't just straight up donkeys (i.e. Gilmer and Kilgore) the gave up 64 points in those two games combined. Where is all of this defensive confidence coming from??? If you don't think ATL can put up at least 30 you're crazy.

If ATL scores 30 on GW I will be surprised... I'm not saying it cant happen I'm just saying I will be surprised.... I expect ATL to have a decent offense but dont act like GW defense aint every bit as legit as Tatum.... GW defense is for real. I'd expect ATL to score in the 21 range.... As for our offense vs their defense, a team has yet to slow down our running game so I dont expect them to do it either, what do you say "look at the film" and watch our offense.

Also comparing our scoring vs Gilmer and L.E.'s scoring vs Gilmer is pointless -- we run two totally different offense's one is set up to score quick and often the other is set up to pound on you and beat you down and then score....

3 scores come to mind while I read your comment. 44-13 56-20 and last but not least 14-7. I guess your high powered offense was off those nights .

3 scores come to mind while I read your comment. 44-13 56-20 and last but not least 14-7. I guess your high powered offense was off those nights .

Although I have my own opinions, it makes no matter. Those 20 against Pitt were in the first half. Those 14 against PG were in the 3rd qtr. Atlanta shot themselves repetitively against Pitt and PG both. The Hendo game was just complete lack of preparation.

Nonetheless, Atlanta in order to win this game, will have to force stops early. If Atlanta can get a couple of stops early, and some points on the board first, they have a real good chance of winning. We also have to win the turnover battle.

Lol that was a good one. So he said we wouldn't score 21. Damn that's pretty bad. Atlanta must be really good