Week 9: Atlanta (1-1) @ Gladewater (1-1)

H3llR4z0r

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Atlanta Rabbits
    • Gladewater Bears

From what Caloosa say we're going to get blowed out. Our defense can't stop a nosebleed lol. We held Gilmer to 35 points which LE couldn't do that's the most points we've given up all yr. Our front seven is the real deal secondary will get better but I guarantee Atlanta or anybody else will have a passing attack like Gilmer

Although I have my own opinions, it makes no matter. Those 20 against Pitt were in the first half. Those 14 against PG were in the 3rd qtr. Atlanta shot themselves repetitively against Pitt and PG both. The Hendo game was just complete lack of preparation.

Nonetheless, Atlanta in order to win this game, will have to force stops early. If Atlanta can get a couple of stops early, and some points on the board first, they have a real good chance of winning. We also have to win the turnover battle.

Kilgore 7 first qtr points

Center 14 first qtr points

CH 7 first qtr points

Lindale 7 first qtr points

Spring Hill 22 first qtr point

Gilmer 8 first qtr points

So taking SH out of the equation GW is scoring 8.6 points per first qtr this season, only game they lost of those was Gilmer so "forcing stops early" may not necessarily mean ATL will control the game

Kilgore 7 first qtr points

Center 14 first qtr points

CH 7 first qtr points

Lindale 7 first qtr points

Spring Hill 22 first qtr point

Gilmer 8 first qtr points

So taking SH out of the equation GW is scoring 8.6 points per first qtr this season, only game they lost of those was Gilmer so "forcing stops early" may not necessarily mean ATL will control the game

I meant to add the word "quick" in there as well haha. Early, quick stops, and capitalize quickly. Gladewater's offense has generally been one of their best defenses in past years. But, in recent years, Atlanta has always had a formula for going up on Gladewater early. 2014, only a penalty stopped us from going up 21-0 (though we did lose), and then last year, we went up 28-0 before GW rallied, came back, and made a game out of it. Atlanta held it out 35-28, but it still looked scary. Atlanta will have to keep that trend going, and find some way to keep rolling with the punches. Hopefully they've had the time and the preparation to get it done.

• Like 1

Although I have my own opinions, it makes no matter. Those 20 against Pitt were in the first half. Those 14 against PG were in the 3rd qtr. Atlanta shot themselves repetitively against Pitt and PG both. The Hendo game was just complete lack of preparation.

Nonetheless, Atlanta in order to win this game, will have to force stops early. If Atlanta can get a couple of stops early, and some points on the board first, they have a real good chance of winning. We also have to win the turnover battle.

Not that it matters this game but one score in the Atlanta/Pittsburg game was on a long kickoff return to inside the five. Atlanta had one drive for 60 yards and one for 40 yards. Subtract the 100 yards on two drives and Atlanta only had 90 total yards. Nobody got shot in the foot. I didn't see any dropped passes in the end zone. Two Ints and one pitch that was picked. Maybe Atlanta will match up better against Gladewater.

I meant to add the word "quick" in there as well haha. Early, quick stops, and capitalize quickly. Gladewater's offense has generally been one of their best defenses in past years. But, in recent years, Atlanta has always had a formula for going up on Gladewater early. 2014, only a penalty stopped us from going up 21-0 (though we did lose), and then last year, we went up 28-0 before GW rallied, came back, and made a game out of it. Atlanta held it out 35-28, but it still looked scary. Atlanta will have to keep that trend going, and find some way to keep rolling with the punches. Hopefully they've had the time and the preparation to get it done.

I think GW coaches are well aware ATL has gotten out to some fast starts in years past and I promise they know ATL can be explosive on offense BUT i also know our coaches welcome the challenge, don't be surprised if GW tries to jump on ATL eary this year and flip the script a bit

If ATL scores 30 on GW I will be surprised... I'm not saying it cant happen I'm just saying I will be surprised.... I expect ATL to have a decent offense but dont act like GW defense aint every bit as legit as Tatum.... GW defense is for real. I'd expect ATL to score in the 21 range.... As for our offense vs their defense, a team has yet to slow down our running game so I dont expect them to do it either, what do you say "look at the film" and watch our offense.

Also comparing our scoring vs Gilmer and L.E.'s scoring vs Gilmer is pointless -- we run two totally different offense's one is set up to score quick and often the other is set up to pound on you and beat you down and then score....

It's really not pointless to compare the two. LE ran for 600+ yards against Gilmer... thats the association I'm making. Gilmer certainly does not stop the run well and they held GW to 28 points. It's a simple comparison of two run first offenses. LE just doesn't run an offense that throws the ball all over the yard. They RUN to set up the PASS. Similar to what GW does at times

If ATL scores 30 on GW I will be surprised... I'm not saying it cant happen I'm just saying I will be surprised.... I expect ATL to have a decent offense but dont act like GW defense aint every bit as legit as Tatum.... GW defense is for real. I'd expect ATL to score in the 21 range.... As for our offense vs their defense, a team has yet to slow down our running game so I dont expect them to do it either, what do you say "look at the film" and watch our offense.

Also comparing our scoring vs Gilmer and L.E.'s scoring vs Gilmer is pointless -- we run two totally different offense's one is set up to score quick and often the other is set up to pound on you and beat you down and then score....

It's really not pointless to compare the two. LE ran for 600+ yards against Gilmer... thats the association I'm making. Gilmer certainly does not stop the run well and they held GW to 28 points. It's a simple comparison of two run first offenses. LE just doesn't run an offense that throws the ball all over the yard. They RUN to set up the PASS. Similar to what GW does at times

Correct me if i'm wrong but LE runs spread dont they? and they throw the ball around a bit too right? Gilmer was able to stack the box with 9 guys against GW becasue GW doesnt throw the ball... we still ran the ball 66 times for 335 yards (5.07 ypc).... Was gilmer able to put 9 guys in the box vs LE?

I think GW coaches are well aware ATL has gotten out to some fast starts in years past and I promise they know ATL can be explosive on offense BUT i also know our coaches welcome the challenge, don't be surprised if GW tries to jump on ATL eary this year and flip the script a bit

Kinda hard to jump on a team quickly when you run an offense straight out of 1951...

Kinda hard to jump on a team quickly when you run an offense straight out of 1951...

In 1951 the Tennessee Volunteers (nations #1 team) opened up a quick 28-0 lead on Tennessee Tech in the first qtr, EXPLAIN THAT?!

And they threw the ball 8.7 times per game, so basically yes our offense... so if they can do it, WE CAN TOO!

Correct me if i'm wrong but LE runs spread dont they? and they throw the ball around a bit too right? Gilmer was able to stack the box with 9 guys against GW becasue GW doesnt throw the ball... we still ran the ball 66 times for 335 yards (5.07 ypc).... Was gilmer able to put 9 guys in the box vs LE?

They base out of 20 personnel (2 backs and no TE). That means there are three receivers to cover man to man if you do not account for the backs out of the backfield. They did the same thing to GW...They did not put 9 in the box, they played 8 in the box and man-ed up the tight ends and wideouts. No sound defense puts 9 in the box because that would mean that you are leaving potential receivers uncovered. Defense is about fits and keys...not how many people you put in the "box"

• Like 1

They base out of 20 personnel (2 backs and no TE). That means there are three receivers to cover man to man if you do not account for the backs out of the backfield. They did the same thing to GW...They did not put 9 in the box, they played 8 in the box and man-ed up the tight ends and wideouts. No sound defense puts 9 in the box because that would mean that you are leaving potential receivers uncovered. Defense is about fits and keys...not how many people you put in the "box"

Just remember u said the Bears wouldn't score 21, I'll be back later to see what you have to say.

• Like 1

GW TE doesnt "go out" for a pass on every play and he lines up on the LOS so we have 2 WR on most plays meaning their CB covered the WR 1on1, which in my best math ability leaves 9 buckeyes in the box against the run

In 1951 the Tennessee Volunteers (nations #1 team) opened up a quick 28-0 lead on Tennessee Tech in the first qtr, EXPLAIN THAT?!

And they threw the ball 8.7 times per game, so basically yes our offense... so if they can do it, WE CAN TOO!

Caloosa9955 dont overlook 1951 offense's they were LEGIT

GW TE doesnt "go out" for a pass on every play and he lines up on the LOS so we have 2 WR on most plays meaning their CB covered the WR 1on1, which in my best math ability leaves 9 buckeyes in the box against the run

They still have to cover him with leverage joker.... You really think any coach worth his salt would realize that you aren't covering a TE and throw it to him. C'mon man think a little bit. It's a simple game

Not that it matters this game but one score in the Atlanta/Pittsburg game was on a long kickoff return to inside the five. Atlanta had one drive for 60 yards and one for 40 yards. Subtract the 100 yards on two drives and Atlanta only had 90 total yards. Nobody got shot in the foot. I didn't see any dropped passes in the end zone. Two Ints and one pitch that was picked. Maybe Atlanta will match up better against Gladewater.

The reason I say that is because the 2 picks and the pitch were all bad decisions, trying to force the ball were it shouldn't be thrown. Atlanta had missed tackles all night as well. Once #15 stiff armed our db to the ground, he didn't want anymore either. Play-calling I thought was questionable too, but what do I know? I'm not taking anything away from Pitt, because they played outstanding, and executed in every way they could have wanted to. I just felt like Atlanta came in expecting something they shouldn't have is all.

They still have to cover him with leverage joker.... You really think any coach worth his salt would realize that you aren't covering a TE and throw it to him. C'mon man think a little bit. It's a simple game

obviously, i'm not stupid.... you ever seen a LB run with a ghost man and cover him though if the offense runs the ball? just because a guys primary objective is to cover the TE it doesn't mean his secondary objective isn't to help with the run... but let's move on to Atlanta because their offense is, on the right night when everything is clicking and no penalty's are called against them, better than Gilmer's anyways, from what I understand.

Absolutely amazing (or ridiculous) It appears that if anyone has the audacity to calm an Atlanta victory they are borderline insane. On the other hand Glad-Water Pooh Bear folks exhibit an air of extreme football superiority. Guess at some point tonight we will know who is insane or superior, ya think?