Week 9: Atlanta (1-1) @ Gladewater (1-1)

H3llR4z0r

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Atlanta Rabbits
    • Gladewater Bears

I count them as such, but that could one of those things where I differ from others. I guess I never really thought about it until now that you bring it up. I'm probably wrong, but I can always go back and recount since I keep a play by play log.

No I was just curious. I was adding running carries and pass attempts together and not coming up with the same Total. It's not just your stats I've seen it with others as well I just don't know. I appreciate you sharing the info

• Like 1

No I was just curious. I was adding running carries and pass attempts together and not coming up with the same Total. It's not just your stats I've seen it with others as well I just don't know. I appreciate you sharing the info

I enjoy doing it. For some reason when I was in high school they wouldn't let me play so I had to just enjoy the playground pickup games that they let me get in. Of course it was my ball and I was bigger than all the boys. But I never really learned the correct way totally to score stats. Just kind of learned it on my own. I know I might get the scoring wrong on certain plays, but I know I've been told that my numbers are close if not right on the coaches.

I enjoy doing it. For some reason when I was in high school they wouldn't let me play so I had to just enjoy the playground pickup games that they let me get in. Of course it was my ball and I was bigger than all the boys. But I never really learned the correct way totally to score stats. Just kind of learned it on my own. I know I might get the scoring wrong on certain plays, but I know I've been told that my numbers are close if not right on the coaches.

I will probably keep stats next year. Didn't realize how hard they were for me to get until this season.

OK I don't have TOP but I do have this:

PG ATL

First Downs 7 18

Yards Rushing 30-89 59-255

Yards Passing 58 20

Passes A-C-I 9-3-1 16-4-0

Fumbles-Lost 1-0 0-0

Penalties 6-70 6-55

Punts-Avg. 4-39.2 2-31.5

You could always just video tape the game and put it on Youtube. ;)

But that would be a day late and dollar short. I still think Gwater wins but if Atlanta can slow down GWater's rushing and if Atlanta can find their lost offense (#9 ?) then it might be closer than I think it will be. Look for one team to have a couple of big pass plays. Both defenses are going to try and stop the others ground game. One final thought, not that anyone cares, it is difficult to defend against the pass when you practice against a running offense during the week.

I am unsure how you compare both of these teams and say that one will win without a doubt. We're coming in with almost the exact same team we had last year, going against a very similar Gladewater team that we played last year. I don't know what everyone missed last year, but Gladewater was equally as good then too, and played a closer game than we did last year with Pitt.

Can Friday just get here already? Atlanta is a lot better team than they are given credit for, I look for them to prove it Friday night.

But that would be a day late and dollar short. I still think Gwater wins but if Atlanta can slow down GWater's rushing and if Atlanta can find their lost offense (#9 ?) then it might be closer than I think it will be. Look for one team to have a couple of big pass plays. Both defenses are going to try and stop the others ground game. One final thought, not that anyone cares, it is difficult to defend against the pass when you practice against a running offense during the week.

I just want to see #9 play period. Too much talent to just sit on the sidelines like he has done almost all year. Played a little defense against Tatum. He didn't touch the field till we were down 36 to Pitt. Didn't play at all against NB either really. He had a couple of touchdowns against LE. He's a stellar athlete if we can just find a way to use him.

I am unsure how you compare both of these teams and say that one will win without a doubt. We're coming in with almost the exact same team we had last year, going against a very similar Gladewater team that we played last year. I don't know what everyone missed last year, but Gladewater was equally as good then too, and played a closer game than we did last year with Pitt.

Can Friday just get here already? Atlanta is a lot better team than they are given credit for, I look for them to prove it Friday night.

GW is leaps and bounds better then last year. Haven't seen Atlanta play but I'm sure they've improved too. Def not the same GW team though.

GW is leaps and bounds better then last year. Haven't seen Atlanta play but I'm sure they've improved too. Def not the same GW team though.

I just don't see how to gather leaps and bounds. Their schedules are strangely similar. I mean arguments can be made both ways, but it's the crazy underdog that gets me.

I just don't see how to gather leaps and bounds. Their schedules are strangely similar. I mean arguments can be made both ways, but it's the crazy underdog that gets me.

Not saying anything one way or another about Atlanta , but Gladewater IS leaps and bounds better than last year.

I make very uneducated predictions. I watch very little film. Most people just go on gut feelings and I don't get too upset about being the underdog. Regardless of who I pick the game is played on Friday and I no have input (thank goodness) on plays, who plays etc. would it surprise me if Atlanta wins? It would but I would not be shocked. This is high school football.

I make very uneducated predictions. I watch very little film. Most people just go on gut feelings and I don't get too upset about being the underdog. Regardless of who I pick the game is played on Friday and I have no input (thank goodness) on plays, who plays etc. Would it surprise me if Atlanta wins? It would but I would not be shocked. This is high school football.

Is there an echo in here? I think Gladewater will win, but if Atlanta gets any rhythm going on offense it could be a close one. If Gladewater turns the ball over, has untimely penalties, and Atlanta's offense finds its rhythm, it could be an upset.

I think Gladewater will win. They are very physical, and do what they do very well. They just wear people down, pop a big play in here and there, and play solid defense.