Week 9: Atlanta (1-1) @ Gladewater (1-1)

H3llR4z0r

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Atlanta Rabbits
    • Gladewater Bears

I think this game will be close. If both teams are tied at halftime I think ATL has a good shot at making the upset. We usually play some really good ball in the second half.

Negatory. Better get all of your points in the first half. Gladewater held the ball for pretty much the ENTIRE 3rd quarter last week after their halftime adjustments against Gilmer. Gladewater has not given up many 4th quarter points all year. You better hope #25 McKnight is not back to full strength again this week, cause he is a load and #3 Davis will be more than you can handle and #11 Callaway? ... "Forget about it!". I don't see Gladewater having any "after Gilmer" letdown this year, they are just doggone good.

• Like 1

I think this game will be close. If both teams are tied at halftime I think ATL has a good shot at making the upset. We usually play some really good ball in the second half.

As MoveTheChain said the Bears have only given up 7 points in the 4th and that was to Gilmer and Gilmer didn't score any in the 3rd. I put some defensive stats a few pages back if you want to see what the Bears are giving up in 1st & 2nd halves.

Yes, as a rush or pass...

Ok, thanks

Yes but that doesn't mean that will happen this game we match up different on offense and defense. We usually change our offensive gameplan after halftime.

If u gotta change your game plan at the half that normally means it wasn't working very to start with

Negatory. Better get all of your points in the first half. Gladewater held the ball for pretty much the ENTIRE 3rd quarter last week after their halftime adjustments against Gilmer. Gladewater has not given up many 4th quarter points all year. You better hope #25 McKnight is not back to full strength again this week, cause he is a load and #3 Davis will be more than you can handle and #11 Callaway? ... "Forget about it!". I don't see Gladewater having any "after Gilmer" letdown this year, they are just doggone good.

We are very familiar with this Gladewater team. Maybe not so much the QB, but we are familiar with McKnight. I mean, we did play them last year. Our real threat against GW graduated, but our linebackers are bigger, and stronger than last year as well. #43 has played a lot of good ball this season. Just like Gladewater seems to step up in the 2ND half, we also do. We can be a 2 half team too as long as we play our game. The only reason we were a second half team last Friday is because we finally gave up on passing, and just ran straight ahead.

This game could be interesting. It could not be as well, but I look for the Rabbits to step up. If our offense scores early, I look for this to be a close game.

This will not be like Gilmer. Atlanta can move the ball very well on the ground and in the air when they're clicking. The QB is not lightening fast, but he can move and is tough to bring down. We have 2 talented D1 linebackers, and a very strong/fast running back that we will move to DE from time to time. He's the strongest/fastest player we have. Our biggest problem so far has been offensive line. I've seen them play good, and I've seen them not play. It could go either way. Hopefully these boys understand what they have to do.

This will not be like Gilmer. Atlanta can move the ball very well on the ground and in the air when they're clicking. The QB is not lightening fast, but he can move and is tough to bring down. We have 2 talented D1 linebackers, and a very strong/fast running back that we will move to DE from time to time. He's the strongest/fastest player we have. Our biggest problem so far has been offensive line. I've seen them play good, and I've seen them not play. It could go either way. Hopefully these boys understand what they have to do.

Hey Razor,

Just curios what "This will not be like Gilmer." means?

We are very familiar with this Gladewater team. Maybe not so much the QB, but we are familiar with McKnight. I mean, we did play them last year. Our real threat against GW graduated, but our linebackers are bigger, and stronger than last year as well. #43 has played a lot of good ball this season. Just like Gladewater seems to step up in the 2ND half, we also do. We can be a 2 half team too as long as we play our game. The only reason we were a second half team last Friday is because we finally gave up on passing, and just ran straight ahead.

This game could be interesting. It could not be as well, but I look for the Rabbits to step up. If our offense scores early, I look for this to be a close game.

Actually you aren't familiar with as much as you think. Even Darnell is not the same style of runner as last year. He is bigger and stronger. And we rotate more than just 2 backs at anytime.

This game will be won upfront. Whatever team can control the line of scrimmage will win.

I just saw it. I can't see his number though. I'm sure the coaches know who it is though and are dealing with it. He may not even be playing, may be why we've had a lot more trouble with our line since Tatum. I'm going to do some digging.

What was really bad about this is the ref. was standing there looking at it as it happened in the video. The dirty player is not in the picture on page 3 unless you gave him a new number to disguise him.

People are all up in the air about what the Celina QB did but this could have been an injury to cost a college scholarship and was clearly intentional.

last time I hinted at the offense you told me to go to bed. Well I have slept on it and our DE has lost sleep and playing time because of it and it still bothers me.

What was really bad about this is the ref. was standing there looking at it as it happened in the video. The dirty player is not in the picture on page 3 unless you gave him a new number to disguise him.

People are all up in the air about what the Celina QB did but this could have been an injury to cost a college scholarship and was clearly intentional.

last time I hinted at the offense you told me to go to bed. Well I have slept on it and our DE has lost sleep and playing time because of it and it still bothers me.

It was intentional. I don't think he meant to hurt him but it was definitely intentional. I feel the Celina QB situation is a bit worse, as it didn't even really happen in the heat of the moment, he just casually walked up, stepped on his ankle, then jumped on it.

Nonetheless, both are equally wrong. And no he's not disguised, as that's not the entire team. Pretty sure the kid hasn't been playing.

Actually you aren't familiar with as much as you think. Even Darnell is not the same style of runner as last year. He is bigger and stronger. And we rotate more than just 2 backs at anytime.

This game will be won upfront. Whatever team can control the line of scrimmage will win.

I mean I can accept that. All the kids have grown. This Atlanta defense is only missing a defensive lineman and a D1 db from last year's game. The DB didn't even play on defense until right at the end of the game. I'm anxious to say the least.

One thing ATL will have to do if they have any chance to beat Gladewater is stack the box. They will run big ole' #25 up the gut on you for four or five yards all night, #3, can go both inside and outside, but mostly on off tackle plays. # 11, the QB is very quick, and can scoot. Better be ready for him running wide, if he ever turns the corner, well you may not touch him. It will be critical for ATL to keep him turned up inside. I don't know definite stats oh the QB, but I'd bet that his completion percentage when they "do" throw, is about 50%. Not sure if this is true, but was told he had thrown only 6 passes all year before the Gilmer game. I think he threw at least that many against us. They won't try and beat you with the pass, they just try and establish that run, and pound, pound, pound. It's like Daryl Royal's philosophy,,, 4 yards and a cloud of dust,,,(or in todays world) cloud of rubber pellets. They do tend to keep the chains moving, so ATL won't have that many opportunities to score. So they better make good on the ones they do have. One thing I noticed about #25 is, that he really doesn't like to get hit much. If one man gets ahold of him good,, he will go down pretty easily,, at least that is what he did last week. If he hits the line quick, with a good lean to his body, he will pick up at least 4 or 5 yards per carry about 80% of the time. None of these stats or comments are 100% accurate, they are just my opinion by how things went against Gilmer. Happywater is a very hard team to stop,, trust me.

#25 played last week when he probably should've been held out. He's a little banged up.

If u gotta change your game plan at the half that normally means it wasn't working very to start with

This may go to the top of the "Dumb things people say on Smoaky" list.... EVERYBODY makes adjustments at halftime.... and THROUGHOUT the entire game, why do you think NFL teams are constantly looking at tablets during the games? Think they just like to see themselves look pretty in a uniform? COME ON MAN!