Overton (5-1) at Timpson (4-2)

Mr. P

Mustangs at Bears  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

These two teams don't really have much association with each other. They've only met (as far as I can find) ten times in their history, with Overton leading the series 8-2. In recent years, Timpson won the 2014 shootout (49-30) with Overton taking last year's defensive battle 7-6.

Timpson's been flying under the radar, with wins over Cross Roads, Hawkins, Wortham, and Grapeland. Their only losses came at the hands of West Sabine (20-14) and Lovelady (27-0). Their new coach has got them on the right track. These two teams have that in common. At this point in the season, it's all a matter of depth. Overton has been chugging along nicely this season. Do they still have enough in the tank?

Mustangs by a touchdown.

Got a new attitude and Sheriff . Not your daddy Overton team .

Got a new attitude and Sheriff. Not your daddy Timpson team.

Son

Overton take it clinched a winning season and driver seat for a playoff berth. Gotta love what good coaching does.

lol. Not knocking on coaches at all but Overton has a lot of talent coming through the halls right now. Theyll be very good for the next 3-4 years.

Coaching made the difference. There was a lack of discipline in Overton. If your coach is outcoached you can make a world of difference.

100. I'm just saying those of us who know everyone involved have known for years these kids was gonna put overton back in the mix no matter who was coaching.

Ok lol I forgot who I was talking to for a sec nm

calm down lol you forget I coached youth sports with all these kids and grew up with most of these parents playing ball with and against. Many of them are life long friends. So when it comes to Arp, Troup Overton and West Rusk yeah I stay in the know.

Nature Boy, what's this I'm hearing about some Johnny-come-lately's wanting to join the team now that Overton's winning?

Johnny come lately, new kid in town

Yeah I've heard the same rumblings one of which was a first team all district selection from last year. Nothing concrete on any of that to this point though

At the very least I hope it encourages more kids to turn out next summer. Too much talent wasted in the bleachers.