Overton (5-1) at Timpson (4-2)

Mr. P

Mustangs at Bears  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

I'll pick timpson and I'll tell you why... my best friend is from timpson and hangin out with him has introduced me to a special group of kids. That sophomore group they have over there is ridiculous. Jordan Osby, Nicteao Scourton and Kendall Davis are all freak atheletes. Then on top of those kids you have Jaden Johnson and Cutter Smith as your upperclassmen. I'm telling you that team is gonna beat some people up in a few years and they ain't soft now.

Jordan Osby is a monster on both sides of the football and makes big plays when needed. He had 2 or 3 interceptions last week.

Jordan Osby is a monster on both sides of the football and makes big plays when needed. He had 2 or 3 interceptions last week.

Yeah I know him very well! Kid has that "I'm gonna be the best or I'm not playing mentality."

This week will be a great week for Overton qb Jacob Marshall to show why he's among the elite qbs in East Texas. The kid has that next level it factor. If he performs well this week I think he removes all doubt

Yes, I definitely think Timpson is a measuring stick!

Key player for Timpson looks like ATH/DB Jordan Osby, #1 is a threat in the open field so the Mustangs have GOT to contain. If he breaks into the clear it's six points. Overton can't have any missed tackles and let him have the ball in space. Contain. Wrap up.

Not sure I agree. I bet Joe Clark would have a chance of running him down. Either way you are correct about containing.

This week will be a great week for Overton qb Jacob Marshall to show why he's among the elite qbs in East Texas. The kid has that next level it factor. If he performs well this week I think he removes all doubt

By "elite" do you mean in comparison to other 2A division 2 qb's?

You know it's funny how any time a kid a KID gets a compliment on here you have 20 idiots ready to rip it to shreds. Get a life no one is saying that YOUR QB whomever it may be is not good. Just a guy giving props to a kid having a dang good season to this point.

• Like 1

No one whose ever played for Overton could run Jordan down... Even in their pickups.

40 time?

I know you're using hyperbole to make a point, but (believe it or not) we've had a few guys come through Overton that were purty darn quick. Not taking anything away from young Osby, but them's some lofty words. I'm just curious as to what sorta data there might be to back 'em up.

No one whose ever played for Overton could run Jordan down... Even in their pickups.

That boy is fast then. :) I've always said that them Teneha and Timpson teams have some young uns on those teams that can turn off their bedroom light switch and be in bed covered up before it gets dark. I don't doubt you Lambo.

I haven't, my statement wasn't meant to be taken literally it was a expression.

:lol: Suspected as much... I've watched film on Osby, and he is certainly their primary speed merchant. That's why earlier I said:

Key player for Timpson looks like ATH/DB Jordan Osby, #1 is a threat in the open field so the Mustangs have GOT to contain. If he breaks into the clear it's six points. Overton can't have any missed tackles and let him have the ball in space. Contain. Wrap up.

But our Joe Clark's pretty quick in his own right. I daresay both young men will enjoy battling it out.