Overton (5-1) at Timpson (4-2)

Mr. P

Mustangs at Bears  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

Without disparaging either player, from what I've seen on film, Clark mite be somewhat faster but the other kid looks quicker and there is a difference. Just wouldn't want to live on the edge of that difference.. Both young men are extremely athletic. I've seen the Clark kid live and that may make me a little bias, but was jus going off the film or video or what ever...

Without disparaging either player, from what I've seen on film, Clark mite be somewhat faster but the other kid looks quicker and there is a difference. Just wouldn't want to live on the edge of that difference.. Both young men are extremely athletic. I've seen the Clark kid live and that may make me a little bias, but was jus going off the film or video or what ever...

No doubt.

At the end of the day it's gonna come down fundamentals and execution. Speed is a divine gift, but fundamentals are everything. Blocking, tackling. Gap discipline. Reading keys. Playing with high intensity and not getting caught up in the momentum swings.

Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable.

No doubt.

At the end of the day it's gonna come down fundamentals and execution. Speed is a divine gift, but fundamentals are everything. Blocking, tackling. Gap discipline. Reading keys. Playing with high intensity and not getting caught up in the momentum swings.

Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable.

Yep it's groovy Maann...

No one whose ever played for Overton could run Jordan down... Even in their pickups.

Hmmm. Don't waste your humor on these Overtons fellas. A few of em were already doing the math and converting mph's into 40yard sprint times.

You know it's funny how any time a kid a KID gets a compliment on here you have 20 idiots ready to rip it to shreds. Get a life no one is saying that YOUR QB whomever it may be is not good. Just a guy giving props to a kid having a dang good season to this point.

Giving props is one thing, calling him one of the elite QB's in East Texas is another

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the Mustangs lining up in the Single Wing during practice all week.

They're also debuting new throwback uniforms with authentic leather helmets. Should be a heckuva game.

Giving props is one thing, calling him one of the elite QB's in East Texas is another

Might be a little over the top but almost 1000 yds passing and close to 500 yds rushing and 18 total td's with 10 in the last 2 games sure would qualify in my opinion to at least be mentioned in the same breath

Might be a little over the top but almost 1000 yds passing and close to 500 yds rushing and 18 total td's with 10 in the last 2 games sure would qualify in my opinion to at least be mentioned in the same breath

7 rushing and 6 passing= 13, where are the other 5?

The last game was against Mt. Enterprise, pretty sure just because somebody puts up good numbers against a JV team does not mean they are elite. Don't get me wrong, obviously the kid is good and one of the reasons Overton has been winning this year, but to say he is one of the elite's in East Texas isn't reasonable. No way he is in the same class as the Qb's in the 3A-6A around here.

1st off those stats are not updated 2nd off no one questions the "elite" guys about who they are playing...kids have no control of schedule...so whatever dude the "elite qb in East Texas bus" don't have a seat for the snake in your opinion...I'm sure Mustang fans everywhere are gonna lose a ton of sleep over that one.

7 rushing and 6 passing= 13, where are the other 5?

I think Nature Boy is saying 10 total TDs in the last two games?

For the season I have Marshall down for 11 passing TDs and 7 rushing TDs = 18.

On a side note "non elite" Overton qb Jake Marshall finishes 2nd to White Oak's "elite" Heath Hood for smoaky offensive player of the week honors

Who's to say who's elite? Instigator says he ain't. Tiger1995 says he is. I think Dallas should let Tony come back, others say Dak has the hot hand. You could poll every user on Smoaky on any given issue and get countless opinions.

The stats say Marshall's had 10 tds in the last two weeks. But they also say they came against opponents with losing records. Well, the kid don't make the schedule. We ain't splitting the atom here.

Instigator ain't impressed 'til Snake does it against a tough opponent. Tiger and RicFlair think the kid is legit. Believe it or not, I see both of y'all's points of view.

Me, I'm eager to see how Marshall does over the next three weeks, but I also think he's shown a lot of poise and skill already. Look at the film. Some solid runs in there, and not a few elite throws. The kid has talent. He's been a 3-year varsity starter who's gotten the #### kicked out of him for most of those years. Let him enjoy some hype.

It's also worth mentioning that Tiger did not pronounce Snake's elite status as absolute, simply suggested that this week could provide an opportunity to prove himself.

This week will be a great week for Overton qb Jacob Marshall to show why he's among the elite qbs in East Texas. The kid has that next level it factor. If he performs well this week I think he removes all doubt