Overton (5-1) at Timpson (4-2)

Mr. P

Mustangs at Bears  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

1st off those stats are not updated 2nd off no one questions the "elite" guys about who they are playing...kids have no control of schedule...so whatever dude the "elite qb in East Texas bus" don't have a seat for the snake in your opinion...I'm sure Mustang fans everywhere are gonna lose a ton of sleep over that one.

So if a below average QB plays terrible teams and puts up good stats, that means he should be in the same class as a 5A-6A QB who plays next level talent week in and week out?

Who's to say who's elite? Instigator says he ain't. Tiger1995 says he is. I think Dallas should let Tony come back, others say Dak has the hot hand. You could poll every user on Smoaky on any given issue and get countless opinions.

The stats say Marshall's had 10 tds in the last two weeks. But they also say they came against opponents with losing records. Well, the kid don't make the schedule. We ain't splitting the atom here.

Instigator ain't impressed 'til Snake does it against a tough opponent. Tiger and RicFlair think the kid is legit. Believe it or not, I see both of y'all's points of view.

Me, I'm eager to see how Marshall does over the next three weeks, but I also think he's shown a lot of poise and skill already. Look at the film. Some solid runs in there, and not a few elite throws. The kid has talent. He's been a 3-year varsity starter who's gotten the #### kicked out of him for most of those years. Let him enjoy some hype.

Boom.

So if a below average QB plays terrible teams and puts up good stats, that means he should be in the same class as a 5A-6A QB who plays next level talent week in and week out?

If any QB performs at a high level on a winning team, irrespective of level of opposition, he's worthy of being considered among the elite. No one saying he's the best, just worthy of consideration. That's my opinion. We ain't handing out Heismans here. It's small school football. Relax.

So now we are saying he's below average. You want to say not elite like I said before...whatever. This whole "elite" argument is dumb anyway. What the bleep does that even mean? And according to who? Anytime a kid gets a mention of recognition from someone we have to break that down to the 99th degree like there's some club somewhere where all the "elite" guys gather and pass judgment on who can or can't get in.

OK we get it, in your opinion he don't qualify based on whatever moronic argument you want to throw out there...our focus is Timpson and the challenges they pose to us possibly and hopefully going 3-0 this week....it will be a battle

If any QB performs at a high level on a winning team, irrespective of level of opposition, he's worthy of being considered among the elite. No one saying he's the best, just worthy of consideration. That's my opinion. We ain't handing out Heismans here. It's small school football. Relax.

This.

• Like 1

1-0 this week would be pretty dang tough to win 3 in one night...lmao

I voted for him.😇

I saw you did and it's appreciated for sure I wasn't aware you could vote for more than 1 or I would have thrown Horn a vote as well for sure. Support the district!

1-0 this week would be pretty dang tough to win 3 in one night...lmao

I saw you did and it's appreciated for sure I wasn't aware you could vote for more than 1 or I would have thrown Horn a vote as well for sure. Support the district!

Support the players in small school who never leave the field..

• Like 1

Not really following any larger schools. So, what QB has the big numbers this year? From what Ive seen Thacker and Horn are putting up good numbers.

Of course, I see Wiley from Longview pretty regular, so I think he's solid. John Tyler's is really athletic. Gilmer's QB is fun to watch, I also like the kid from White Oak. That kid Beckville's got ain't bad neither. But I'd argue CJ Horn is as "elite" as any in the region.

Of course, I see Wiley from Longview pretty regular, so I think he's solid. John Tyler's is really athletic. Gilmer's QB is fun to watch, I also like the kid from White Oak. That kid Beckville's got ain't bad neither. But I'd argue CJ Horn is as "elite" as any in the region.

Oh geez all the niceties. Make wit tha rabble rabble

That guy has done wonders for this program in a pretty short period of time

Yeah. I seen some of y'alls scrimmage. Really came a long way.

Timpson too.

That guy has done wonders for this program in a pretty short period of time

I hope he can build upon it. Always some pretty good athletes coming through, it's just been difficult to build any momentum from one year to the next.

...from the article:

Strickland said there have been many times where his message wasn’t welcome with open arms. He said he started with 60 kids playing football at the beginning of two-a-days, and now he has 30.

Dude seriously... that pretty much explains the last ten years.

He is putting up numbers against terrible teams. If he does something against Timpson and especially against Tenaha then we can have this discussion.

Thacker is definitely not an elite QB, well below average thrower, just huge and hard to tackle at this level.

Horn is considered elite because he can do it all and has faced decent competition and still put up great numbers.

...from the article:

Dude seriously... that pretty much explains the last ten years.

Because Dragon age inquisition is much much easier to play