Overton (5-1) at Timpson (4-2)

Mr. P

Mustangs at Bears  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

He is putting up numbers against terrible teams. If he does something against Timpson and especially against Tenaha then we can have this discussion.

Thacker is definitely not an elite QB, well below average thrower, just huge and hard to tackle at this level.

Horn is considered elite because he can do it all and has faced decent competition and still put up great numbers.

Probably all true but other than Joaquin, we really have not faced anyone with a defense.

That being said thanks for the compliment. Horn is a great kid!!

He doesn't have a choice, his dad is pretty hard on him. (And that's being polite about it)

Some kids that works on and others it ruins. Hope he knows when to back off and let the kid wanna push himself. I have seen it cause kids rebellion to take them out. If they are doing it to please dad and not their own ambitions it could be disasterious. I understand it is none of my business, but I know what I'm talking about. Good luck to the young man.

You know you will never see me post anything in this forum disparaging about any kid. And in the extreme unlikely scenario that I hit my head and lost my mind and did I would hope that the mods had the sense to revoke my posting privileges....pretty sad man. Kids don't control where they play or who they play or any of that. But I guess the numbers he posted against unbeaten Carlisle and district rival Grapeland are tossed out the window. Pretty low down stuff man.

• Like 2

If he does something against Timpson and especially against Tenaha then we can have this discussion.

No, we can have this discussion now.

Your opinions have been noted. Have a nice day.

Yeah because we all know the measuring stick of all measuring sticks in 2A football is the mighty Tenaha Tigers

No, no. I already give him props. But if he went off against Tenaha's defense, I'd definitely have a sharper tool to use when I'm stating his case.

The game against Carlisle got my respect because of Carlisle's coaching. Same could be said if he goes off tonight, cause Therwanger wins games.

Good luck and enjoy the battle. Next week is going to be the kobayashi maru. No way around it.

No, no. I already give him props. But if he went off against Tenaha's defense, I'd definitely have a sharper tool to use when I'm stating his case.

The game against Carlisle got my respect because of Carlisle's coaching. Same could be said if he goes off tonight, cause Therwanger wins games.

Good luck and enjoy the battle. Next week is going to be the kobayashi maru. No way around it.

Yeah because we all know the measuring stick of all measuring sticks in 2A football is the mighty Tenaha Tigers

Idk, Bremond, Mason, Canadian, Shiner, Stamford, Alto....they usually won multiple in a row. We've been able to get there in consecutive years but no real dynasty to speak of.

For the record I'm done commenting on this idiotic topic. All I'm concerned with is that this TEAM gets better each week. Whether you or instigator or anyone else thinks the kid is 'elite," again whatever that means, is absolutely no concern of mine. If this guy can't put aside whatever personal bias he has and just see it for what it is so be it. Just a kid having a good year for a team that's been in the basement for years. If you want to follow him down that road I feel sorry for you as well. I'm dang sure not saying we can compete with Tenaha that remains to be seen...we play Timpson tonight and that's a big enough challenge in itself. I do know this is a different program than it had been and my hats off to the staff and the kids for working their butts off and fighting hard each week....whether any can be considered "elite" or not

Winningest 2A program in history of Texas HS football

That's great but my list was of programs lately that have won multiple titles in a row.