Pewit@Hooks

Cannon85

This whole district got a huge break when Hooks lost their QB going to Air Force. With him in the line up this is a completely different team. I saw them play against Daingerfield and the sophomore kid is doing a good job being thrown in their but still no where near the team with the Johnson kid on the field. A 3a school can't replace a D1 QB in a few games or much less 10 football seasons. I honestly believe with him on the field any team Hooks has played so far would be lucky to be within 3 touchdowns. They really impressed me beating Dangerfield without that kid on the field.

QB loss is such an unforgiving position. Ask the Dallas Cowboys.... and with the talent Hooks has on this team he was more detrimental than #21 going down because of the position and experience he has playing that position.

O that being said # 21 is a different level kid. Hooks and other teams have great players in the district but # 21 for Hooks isn't just one of the best players around here he is one of the best players in the country. Why he is a longhorn commit....and why Saban and every other college coach in the country has reached out to him.

• Like 1

It hurts to lose a player like that. Pewitt two years ago went into the season with high expectations. Our stud QB/S got shoved late out of bounds our first scrimmage. He hit a mat covering a drainage grate here at Pewitt. It caused him to slide out from under his feet. the landing caused him to slip a disc in his back. Next scrimmage his back up broke his leg in multiple places. Pewitt had to get a freshman out of the stands to finish the scrimmage. My son ended up playing QB against the likes of state champions Mineola and Waskom as #88 like the split end he was lol. Needless to say, it hurts when you are small schools like us.

This whole district got a huge break when Hooks lost their QB going to Air Force. With him in the line up this is a completely different team. I saw them play against Daingerfield and the sophomore kid is doing a good job being thrown in their but still no where near the team with the Johnson kid on the field. A 3a school can't replace a D1 QB in a few games or much less 10 football seasons. I honestly believe with him on the field any team Hooks has played so far would be lucky to be within 3 touchdowns. They really impressed me beating Dangerfield without that kid on the field.

QB loss is such an unforgiving position. Ask the Dallas Cowboys.... and with the talent Hooks has on this team he was more detrimental than #21 going down because of the position and experience he has playing that position.

O that being said # 21 is a different level kid. Hooks and other teams have great players in the district but # 21 for Hooks isn't just one of the best players around here he is one of the best players in the country. Why he is a longhorn commit....and why Saban and every other college coach in the country has reached out to him.

It is tough to lose the caliber of player Jordan is, But Connor has done a tremendous job at quarterback since being put in there 5 weeks ago. As for Montrell he has mulitple D1 offers, and 1 of them is from Alabama. Just seems to want to stay closer to home. He was actually sitting on my couch one night when his phone rang and it was Nick Saban.

That being said. ITS GAME DAY, One game at a time Hornets and this week it is Pewitt.

• Like 1

It would have been fun to watch Jordan play this season! We still have alot of talent on the field, who knows what kind of noise we make in the playoffs. Connor stepped in and has done a great job. I am proud to be a fan of this team. They were behind late in the game to Daingerfield last week and came back and won! I feel like Hooks teams the last few years would not have won that game, but this year's team did! #HFND #excitedabouthornetfootball