Should Celina QB be Suspended ?

Hagar

Had a teammate get his knee blown out by a guy hitting him well after a touchdown was scored. We wanted our pound of flesh right then and there. Coaches called us together after rounding us up. Told us if we wanted to whoop somebody to just keep scoring on them. Beating them on the scoreboard was all they were gonna allow us to do. There was no retaliation on our part. That was made quite clear.

Our coach always told us that we play defense and wear protective gear which means you can legally knock the #### out of the opposing team. Taking cheap shots and personal fouls is for cowards. If you want revenge get it between the whistle. This was 1979 and his words have stuck with me all these years.

• Like 1

That or someone on that team should have just got some frontier justice on him... I would went low on him.

The same thing happened to my son this year. Some kid twisted his ankle after the play which caused him to miss the next two games. I told my son he should have manned up right then and there and dog stomp the player and then after he was removed from the game tell every player on the team to target the kid.

The coaching staff did not even know that this happened until this video was made public. Once it was known, the player was immediately suspended from the team. The player has since acknowledged and owned up to what he has done, and agrees with the suspension, as per another site. The coaches reached out to the Community coaches and extended an apology. I think the next step will be a public apology on the part of the QB.

• Like 1

The same thing happened to my son this year. Some kid twisted his ankle after the play which caused him to miss the next two games. I told my son he should have manned up right then and there and dog stomp the player and then after he was removed from the game tell every player on the team to target the kid.

Yep! I wasn't ever hurt but I gave a few cheap shots and tried gouging some eyes and grabbing some throats in piles before because of similar stuff.

The coaching staff did not even know that this happened until this video was made public. Once it was known, the player was immediately suspended from the team. The player has since acknowledged and owned up to what he has done, and agrees with the suspension, as per another site. The coaches reached out to the Community coaches and extended an apology. I think the next step will be a public apology on the part of the QB.

🖒

Had a teammate get his knee blown out by a guy hitting him well after a touchdown was scored. We wanted our pound of flesh right then and there. Coaches called us together after rounding us up. Told us if we wanted to whoop somebody to just keep scoring on them. Beating them on the scoreboard was all they were gonna allow us to do. There was no retaliation on our part. That was made quite clear.

Our coach always told us that we play defense and wear protective gear which means you can legally knock the #### out of the opposing team. Taking cheap shots and personal fouls is for cowards. If you want revenge get it between the whistle. This was 1979 and his words have stuck with me all these years.

That clearly was a cold calculated act which leads me to believe that he perhaps has done something like this before. It seemed to easy for him to go over there and do it. Football injuries happen pretty much every game due to all sorts of accidents. It's a somewhat dangerous sport there is no need to make it more dangerous by intentionally injuring other players. That's just crazy. Hope the guy injured doesn't have his season ruined by this.

• Like 2

Exactly, just how long will he suspend him? I bet it's not long knowing Celina.

Suspended? If he is allowed to travel with the team, dress with the team, practice with the team, anything of the sort except for running the entire time of the practices during the suspension the coaching staff has done too little.

Some of my old coaches would have put me on the DL and let me go up against our best OL (consider that I was like 120lbs tops in High School), and let them destroy me over and over again. One kid got arrested for drugs... He was not allowed to do anything with the team except watch film for 3 weeks. During those three weeks he had to do up downs every 10 yards the entire practice on a field next to the team with a water break every 300 yards. If he missed a day or failed to do it, the 3 weeks started all over. When he completed it, the coaches made him get a letter of recommendation from each of his teachers and he had to have a B or higher in all of his classes.

Somehow the 2nd paragraph above is considered abuse in today's world.

• Like 2

Suspended? If he is allowed to travel with the team, dress with the team, practice with the team, anything of the sort except for running the entire time of the practices during the suspension the coaching staff has done too little.

Some of my old coaches would have put me on the DL and let me go up against our best OL (consider that I was like 120lbs tops in High School), and let them destroy me over and over again. One kid got arrested for drugs... He was not allowed to do anything with the team except watch film for 3 weeks. During those three weeks he had to do up downs every 10 yards the entire practice on a field next to the team with a water break every 300 yards. If he missed a day or failed to do it, the 3 weeks started all over. When he completed it, the coaches made him get a letter of recommendation from each of his teachers and he had to have a B or higher in all of his classes.

Somehow the 2nd paragraph above is considered abuse in today's world.

I agree 100%.

But from my understanding he was suspended not dismissed. Remember the kids from Lucas Lovejoy when they were ranked #1 and got caught drinking in the locker room? Coach DISMISSED all of them and good for him.

And I Will also say this for everyone saying he's gone for the rest of the season y'all are liars. If this young man doesn't break his (Arm or collar bone) last year Celina got that ring. So that "Gone for the year stuff" some of y'all are talking that's a bluff if it's your job on the line you run the out of him and the apologies etc

Who said that? All I've seen is he's suspended.