Should Celina QB be Suspended ?

Hagar

And I Will also say this for everyone saying he's gone for the rest of the season y'all are liars. If this young man doesn't break his (Arm or collar bone) last year Celina got that ring. So that "Gone for the year stuff" some of y'all are talking that's a bluff if it's your job on the line you run the out of him and the apologies etc

And I Will also say this for everyone saying he's gone for the rest of the season y'all are liars. If this young man doesn't break his (Arm or collar bone) last year Celina got that ring. So that "Gone for the year stuff" some of y'all are talking that's a bluff if it's your job on the line you run the out of him and the apologies etc

You are right that if he hadn't broken his arm in the 1st quarter of the state championship game, Celina could have easily went on to beat WO-S, but that being said he should be gone for rest of year. Evidently he is important to the team, but not so much that he shouldn't be held accountable and apologies just don't cut it. Neither does a one or two game suspension. At the least he should be suspended for as long as the young man he hurt is out with injuries.

One game suspension and coach apology is good enough for me. Kids make mistakes. They handled it and now everyone can move on. As far as the kid breaking his ankle, no way. The QB is maybe 175lbs and they are plastic cleats. No way it broke any bones or did anything other than cause the kid some mild discomfort. Run the QB, suspend him for a game and the coach already apologized. Done deal.

• Like 1

One game suspension and coach apology is good enough for me. Kids make mistakes. They handled it and now everyone can move on. As far as the kid breaking his ankle, no way. The QB is maybe 175lbs and they are plastic cleats. No way it broke any bones or did anything other than cause the kid some mild discomfort. Run the QB, suspend him for a game and the coach already apologized. Done deal.

WAY OFF The Mark..... That's EXACTLY what's Wrong with this world now! NO ONE is held to account for their actions, & The Cycle continues to repeat itself! Hard, Fast discipline is needed to curtail this type of Stupid behavior... Prisons are Full of people who got off light time & time again.
  • Like 1

WAY OFF The Mark..... That's EXACTLY what's Wrong with this world now! NO ONE is held to account for their actions, & The Cycle continues to repeat itself! Hard, Fast discipline is needed to curtail this type of Stupid behavior... Prisons are Full of people who got off light time & time again.

Prison?? The kid stepped on another kid on purpose. Hardly prison worthy. Punishment is needed sure, but rest of season and getting the law involved is ridiculous. We are all in agreement in holding the kid accountable for his actions, just some want to crucify him. It's really not that big of a deal and stuff like this happens more than some realize.

So I have to ask , If it's a chop block, horse collar, face mask,Late hit out of bounds, Personal foul etc. Do you still suspend the kid for the rest of the Season ????? It all has the same ability & potential to hurt an opponent...and don't give me the intent defense because 1/2 of all personal fouls are intentional. I'm just asking because going by most respondents first response on the subject , Half of Texas would be a 6 man team by end of season.

• Like 1

Prison?? The kid stepped on another kid on purpose. Hardly prison worthy. Punishment is needed sure, but rest of season and getting the law involved is ridiculous. We are all in agreement in holding the kid accountable for his actions, just some want to crucify him. It's really not that big of a deal and stuff like this happens more than some realize.

You totally miss the point... I didn't say HE needed to go to prison,(& you Know I didn't) but that Prisons are Full of people who aren't held responsible for their stupidity. Smh
  • Like 1

I will just simply say this........If He was my Kid, You could put it in the Bank he would never stomp on another players ankle. Don't need no body from the School to remedy that issue.

+ 1. Sometimes the parents are so into the kid they see no wrong

IMO he should be done for the rest of the season. If he's a senior that's just to bad... We all have to live with & learn from the choices we make. If he's not a senior this year, then give him a chance to come back next year.

+1 He should be done for the season, nothing less ....

• Like 1

Well, how are the liars? They're just speaking their opinion.

I know what I said was strong but people who are saying suspend him for the rest of the year have nothing on the line. Suspending him for the rest of the year for what could be his 1st and only offense is by definition egregious. Not to mention when you have your season on the line you make him pay the price but don't make the team pay the price.

I know what I said was strong but people who are saying suspend him for the rest of the year have nothing on the line. Suspending him for the rest of the year for what could be his 1st and only offense is by definition egregious. Not to mention when you have your season on the line you make him pay the price but don't make the team pay the price.

I'm of the opinion that he made the decision that may cost his team. No one made him make the decision.

Tatum had four players kicked off team for a bad decision. Tatum went 0-10. But kids worked there tails off all summer came back with more respect for their teammates and coaches and now have leaders. Best decision our coach could have made. Gotta hold them accountable or it sets a precedent.

• Like 2

I'm of the opinion that he made the decision that may cost his team. No one made him make the decision.

Tatum had four players kicked off team for a bad decision. Tatum went 0-10. But kids worked there tails off all summer came back with more respect for their teammates and coaches and now have leaders. Best decision our coach could have made. Gotta hold them accountable or it sets a precedent.

Yeah, but dude said Celina's season was on the line. Isn't winning a game more important than teaching kids life lessons?