Should Celina QB be Suspended ?

Hagar

TOTALLY disagree.

All I ever said was let the coach handle the situation. He is far far better equipped to do it.

The lynch mob of ADULTS here want to do everything to a KID from a lawsuit to (prison / juevee detention) maybe a civil suit ( whatever bringing the law into play here means) to kicking the kid off the team.

Let the coach, school or community handle the situation

That is basically what myself and most others have said. The rest is just "opinions", and you know what they say about opinions. We're 'not' the powers that be, and have no authoritative say so in the matter in the first place. And nobody is a "lynch mob",, we just hate to see actions like the Celina kid did in the game. Our thoughts on how he should be disciplined are simply that, "our thoughts." Nothing more, nothing less. As of yet, I've not even seen any post that "definitely" exposed what the Celina coach's decision on the kids discipline will be. One person said he won't play for the last few games. Another said they thought he played in the next weeks game. It's an interesting situation, and I'm still curious as to how it was or is being handled.

TOTALLY disagree.

All I ever said was let the coach handle the situation. He is far far better equipped to do it.

The lynch mob of ADULTS here want to do everything to a KID from a lawsuit to (prison / juevee detention) maybe a civil suit ( whatever bringing the law into play here means) to kicking the kid off the team.

the coach will most likely give a slap on the wrist if no one Higher is involved I know a certain individuals at a different School that have a contract with the superintendent for nothing can go over his head, he likes to keep everything on the down low

TOTALLY disagree.

i hope they would handle in a better way than you would or at least the impression we get from you

So here's a pretty dirty play that happened during the Waskom vs EF game this year. Watch the EF DB try and cut the Waskom lineman from behind after the play is over.

Curious to hear everyone's opinion on how this compares to what the Celina QB did.

THOUGHTS?

Not surprised!

+100,000

It simply is not about character, or honor, or accountability any more in this country. This is exactly why we have Hillary and Donald T. running for president. Thank you TheRightStuff,,, best argument proposed, and you sir, are a wise man. A kid who has no respect for lawfulness / the right way to act, will likely be an adult with the same attitude, unless they are disciplined in a way to make an impact on their brains. Nobody wants to see a kid do something to jeopardize their possible career, but everyone on the planet was created with a mind to make choices with. And if I read the Bible correctly, every one of us will be held accountable for our choices. I don't say that to sound preachy, but because it's a simple truth. And if we as society don't hold teens accountable for their actions, the lawlessness we see around us today, will just continue to get worse. Yes, this is a simple matter, and some people dismiss it as no big deal. The words "simple matter", means that there is a simple manner to deal with the situation,,,, justly. The QB for Celina may feel bad for what he did, and he may wish he had not done it. I hope so. But doing it, and even saying I'm sorry, does not negate the discipline that should be handed out. But I do agree that no coach, should have to hand out discipline for something after the fact, "if" he has not laid down the law to his team about such matters and their consequences to begin the season. If he hasn't done so, then maybe "he" is the one who should be disciplined, along with the kid, by the school board.

And if a kid has to sit for several games or possibly the rest of the season, I don't bye into the reasoning that the other kids are getting punished. If this happens, you have taught the rest of the team character and honor, and from that point on,, as a coach, you expect, (and hopefully the rest of the team sees it as an opportunity) to step up their game, and make sure they play hard enough, to make up for the other kids loss. A "next man up mentality". You hope that teaches the other kids the importance of doing things the right way, and if so, They will have gained much more than the excitement and pride of winning a few more games. And to anyone who says that is 1951 or 1961 calling,,,, awesome, this was a better world back then. So have at me now,, stomp on my ankle,, call me old fashioned if you want, but I've got big shoulders, and know I'm right, and won't feel any different if you do.

Very well stated Mr. Buckeye.

• Like 2

I realize a three week suspension is not enough for many of you, but in all fairness, we don't no what/if there were other stipulations. Face to face apology to the player? To his team? To the community? Quite possible there's more to the punishment than we know about. Even that won't appease some, but I thought I'd mention it.

• Like 1

I realize a three week suspension is not enough for many of you, but in all fairness, we don't no what/if there were other stipulations. Face to face apology to the player? To his team? To the community? Quite possible there's more to the punishment than we know about. Even that won't appease some, but I thought I'd mention it.

I would seriously doubt the sincerity of an apology from someone who deliberately stomped on my leg ON Camera for the world to see, knowing Full Well the reason for that apology is so that this Same perpetrator could then play football again, while I would be unable to play for the rest of the season.

I would seriously doubt the sincerity of an apology from someone who deliberately stomped on my leg ON Camera for the world to see, knowing Full Well the reason for that apology is so that this Same perpetrator could then play football again, while I would be unable to play for the rest of the season.

Logic leaving you without words.....?😜

If I was the team mate of the guy whose leg was stomped I would hope I would rally the team to take retribution on the field.

Be that as it may what punishment would be satisfactory for those forum members that believe 3 games suspension isn't enough?

Maybe put the player in stocks and throw tomato's at him?

01f13stocks-485953.jpg

If I was the team mate of the guy whose leg was stomped I would hope I would rally the team to take retribution on the field.

Be that as it may what punishment would be satisfactory for those forum members that believe 3 games suspension isn't enough?

01f13stocks-485953.jpg

I have already answered this question way back up-thread.

01f13stocks-485953.jpg

Hey, great idea boston. Thinking outside the box. :)

So last week, this week and next week. Just back in time for playoffs. Probably just a coincidence.....

Since he suited up last week, and according to some that watched film on Hudl, actually went in a couple of plays, I'd think it would be last two Reg season games and one playoff (probably against a 4th place team). So I wouldn't expect his absence to affect their record, either way.

• Like 1