Should Celina QB be Suspended ?

Hagar

The whole game is violent...when played correctly we are all entertained!

Do I think the boys should just duke it out... I really don't care! I am sure the player with the sore ankle has moved on... I am sure he has football on his mind...and could care less! Pretty sure if the kid was penalized at the time of incident (ejection from game) he would have been 100% satisfied...

Did the kid with the sore ankle continue to play... HECK YES! Why... because that is football...I am sure most players are extremely lucky all of the throat punches and junk grabs they commit aren't forever captured by game film...and blasted on social media for the washed up footballers to decide their fate!

I stand by my opinion on this...and will not be swayed! I do not see how ending football forever for this kid will teach him a lesson... OR even how branding him as a premeditated ankle stomper helps!

QB made STUPID mistake...QB was punished...END OF STORY!

:lol: Easy now... We mustn't get our Blood Pressure too high!

No doubt some psychologist will define this as PAS (as Tiger said, Premeditated Ankle Stomper). He'll decide the kid has this condition because he was forced to eat generic baby food instead of the Gerber. Write a book. Go on talk shows, etc etc.

Now, like Mav, I'll return to my former condition, Zzzz

• Like 1

I am not justifying the QB's actions by any means... but man... some extremely harsh comments...so many comments about it being premeditated, and that he stomped the kids ankle...assault charges etc... I watched the video like 8 times.

First of all, I am pretty sure he didn't "premeditate" this awful decision... Premeditated would have required forethought, and I am pretty sure if he thought about beforehand he would have realized it was a stupid decision, and wouldn't have made the poor choice... with that be said... he is a KID... isn't that the definition of being a KID...This was totally a "heat of the moment" thing that was caught on film...What if the 100's of "assaults" that occur during the game on every down were caught on film and put on replay for all to see were put out there...if we had footage of the assaults inside of the pile... would we all be ready to tar and feather this kid...

From everything I have read...the kids ankle WAS NOT broken...he played the following week...Still a stupid mistake nonetheless... perhaps being the QB...whom we all expect to be level headed and make smart choices, we are holding this kid to higher standards... I am 100% sure that this type of "assualt" happens pretty much in every single play of the game...you just don't see it! These boys come off the field battered,bruised, and bleeding.

Should he be punished...YES! Should law enforcement be involved...NO.

That definitely would open the flood gates...and the entire game we love to be transformed to pretty much...FLAG FOOTBALL. I can hear it now... he hit my son too hard...Little Johnny suffered a concussion...ATTEMPTED MURDER it is...

We put our kids out there and teach them to play with intensity, and heart... from time to time they do something STUPID...yes I said STUPID..not criminal!

I do not agree with those of you saying that this kid should never play another game of football... that is STUPID!

Let Celina coaching staff handle the situation...Let this be a teaching moment to transform this kid into a young man...This does not define him!

It defines a mind set . I'm glad he apologized I hope he really means it now it's time to learn actions come with action in return .

I don't care if it was pre meditated . All I care about was it was intentional attempt to injure. No one has the right to play football . They have the privelage to play. With this one intentional act attempting to be sneaky and attempt to cause injury he loses his privelage .

I am not justifying the QB's actions by any means... but man... some extremely harsh comments...so many comments about it being premeditated, and that he stomped the kids ankle...assault charges etc... I watched the video like 8 times.

First of all, I am pretty sure he didn't "premeditate" this awful decision... Premeditated would have required forethought, and I am pretty sure if he thought about beforehand he would have realized it was a stupid decision, and wouldn't have made the poor choice... with that be said... he is a KID... isn't that the definition of being a KID...This was totally a "heat of the moment" thing that was caught on film...What if the 100's of "assaults" that occur during the game on every down were caught on film and put on replay for all to see were put out there...if we had footage of the assaults inside of the pile... would we all be ready to tar and feather this kid...

From everything I have read...the kids ankle WAS NOT broken...he played the following week...Still a stupid mistake nonetheless... perhaps being the QB...whom we all expect to be level headed and make smart choices, we are holding this kid to higher standards... I am 100% sure that this type of "assualt" happens pretty much in every single play of the game...you just don't see it! These boys come off the field battered,bruised, and bleeding.

Should he be punished...YES! Should law enforcement be involved...NO.

That definitely would open the flood gates...and the entire game we love to be transformed to pretty much...FLAG FOOTBALL. I can hear it now... he hit my son too hard...Little Johnny suffered a concussion...ATTEMPTED MURDER it is...

We put our kids out there and teach them to play with intensity, and heart... from time to time they do something STUPID...yes I said STUPID..not criminal!

I do not agree with those of you saying that this kid should never play another game of football... that is STUPID!

Let Celina coaching staff handle the situation...Let this be a teaching moment to transform this kid into a young man...This does not define him!

I agree with you 100 percent.

This kid made a stupid horrendous mistake. Hopefully he and others who view this will never again make such a mistake.

Let the head coach, the school and the community handle the situation and move on.

This kid made a stupid horrendous mistake. Hopefully he and others who view this will never again make such a mistake.

Let the head coach, the school and the community handle the situation and move on.

So what about the player on the opposing team, his family, head coach, community? They just get to be the victims and move on?

A mistake is making a wrong turn, forgetting to water the plants or getting the wrong answer on a homework assignment. I would not call what this player did a mistake.

• Like 2

Some of you have to be kidding me, this kid intentionally tried to injure this boy, thats not part of the game we love... He needs to be thru for the season, this kid could have been severely injured from the hands of another player not thinking

• Like 3

The Kid, Boy, Student,,,whatever you want to call him should have already been made to turn his gear in and not be allowed to compete anymore.. this act was with intent and probably premeditated,,, can't say what was going thro his mind,, but a simple apology will not get it,, boot him and set an example,,, keep him and also set an example,,, which is it going to be????? classless act,,,, zero tolerance!!!!!

• Like 2

Im going to put it like this since this topic is still talked about, ive made a few comments on this topic... What this boy did was not a football play he intentionally tried to hurt this kid, as fans we love a big hit on the field unless it's our kid, but all parents know that is part of the game there is no room for soft kids on a football field... But a play like this should be handled the correct way to set an example this behavior is not tolerated... If he's my kid I punish him myself cause that's not how we play the game we love... He needs to sign up for UFC or something

The whole game is violent...when played correctly we are all entertained!

Do I think the boys should just duke it out... I really don't care! I am sure the player with the sore ankle has moved on... I am sure he has football on his mind...and could care less! Pretty sure if the kid was penalized at the time of incident (ejection from game) he would have been 100% satisfied...

Did the kid with the sore ankle continue to play... HECK YES! Why... because that is football...I am sure most players are extremely lucky all of the throat punches and junk grabs they commit aren't forever captured by game film...and blasted on social media for the washed up footballers to decide their fate!

I stand by my opinion on this...and will not be swayed! I do not see how ending football forever for this kid will teach him a lesson... OR even how branding him as a premeditated ankle stomper helps!

QB made STUPID mistake...QB was punished...END OF STORY!

You are correct...end of story...he should have been suspended from any UIL sanctioned event for the rest of his school days...one game...appalling...and Ray Charles says it was premeditated...that is what makes it a capital offense...My hope is that we are never on the field with any of your minions...pitiful

Just read where he was suspended for one game. SMDH!

He played against Bonham the week after. Lost all respect for coach Elliot.

Colin's wasn't in playoff trouble were they? I just don't get why he wouldn't make the kid sweat it for a few weeks... if he is that needed, let them lose a game so he can see why he needs to stay level headed since he is that important.

If I were the HC, I would have had him back for the playoffs, but he would have learned how to earn his place back and why it is important to handle the frustration of the game appropriately

Colin's wasn't in playoff trouble were they? I just don't get why he wouldn't make the kid sweat it for a few weeks... if he is that needed, let them lose a game so he can see why he needs to stay level headed since he is that important.

If I were the HC, I would have had him back for the playoffs, but he would have learned how to earn his place back and why it is important to handle the frustration of the game appropriately

No they were in good shape with 2 pretty bad opponents left.

I agree 100%.

But from my understanding he was suspended not dismissed. Remember the kids from Lucas Lovejoy when they were ranked #1 and got caught drinking in the locker room? Coach DISMISSED all of them and good for him.

I remember all too well. One of the kids was the HC/AD's nephew. That decision most likely cost Lovejoy a state championship and has had long term ramifications in the program from which Lovejoy has never recovered. However I still agree it was the right decision.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if a punishment was handed out...maybe I missed it...

But this kid should not be allowed to play any sport for the rest of the year.

"But what about his future?!"

Well, I didn't see any other kids pull this stunt, did you? Good luck walking on at a JUCO.

I agree 100%.

But from my understanding he was suspended not dismissed. Remember the kids from Lucas Lovejoy when they were ranked #1 and got caught drinking in the locker room? Coach DISMISSED all of them and good for him.

I remember all too well. One of the kids was the HC/AD's nephew. That decision most likely cost Lovejoy a state championship and has had long term ramifications in the program from which Lovejoy has never recovered. However I still agree it was the right decision.

The irony is that the game the players drank at was against Nevada-Community on the last game of the season. Lovejoy was up 50 or 60 something to nothing going into the half on Senior Night. A few boys hit the vodka and Gatorade early and the rest is history. Ironically Lovejoy was short 3 of their best players (one played two ways) and still shut out Celina 17-0 in the area round. Celina hadn't been shut out in decades.

To me there must be consequences for his actions. I would not kick him off the team as Lovejoy did... I was at the Henderson game that Lovejoy lost and one of the suspended players dads made him sit there and watch. They sat right in front of me so I could see and hear their whole conversation. The kid wanted to join the student section and his dad wouldn't let him. The father told him that his actions caused this and he was going to man up and sit there and watch. At the end of the game he had to go down on the field and be with his teammates and feel the full weight of the situation. A lot of players in the class of 2011 had huge ego's and thought they were above reproach. "Gatorade-gate" was just a symptom of the greater problems. I think it gave a lot of those kids a life lesson, even the ones that did nothing wrong but suffered the consequences of their peers mistake.

Those Lovejoy kids did high school stuff, but none of them attempted to injure an opponent (especially with intent after the play was complete). I wouldn't kick the kid off the team, but I sure would make him watch. If he quits on his teammates he probably lacked the moral fiber to be a good teammate anyway, however if he sticks it out he will be a better man for it and his teammates and classmates will all learn some life lessons about consequences and making good decisions.

• Like 1