Should Celina QB be Suspended ?

Hagar

The irony is that the game the players drank at was against Nevada-Community on the last game of the season. Lovejoy was up 50 or 60 something to nothing going into the half on Senior Night. A few boys hit the vodka and Gatorade early and the rest is history. Ironically Lovejoy was short 3 of their best players (one played two ways) and still shut out Celina 17-0 in the area round. Celina hadn't been shut out in decades.

To me there must be consequences for his actions. I would not kick him off the team as Lovejoy did... I was at the Henderson game that Lovejoy lost and one of the suspended players dads made him sit there and watch. They sat right in front of me so I could see and hear their whole conversation. The kid wanted to join the student section and his dad wouldn't let him. The father told him that his actions caused this and he was going to man up and sit there and watch. At the end of the game he had to go down on the field and be with his teammates and feel the full weight of the situation. A lot of players in the class of 2011 had huge ego's and thought they were above reproach. "Gatorade-gate" was just a symptom of the greater problems. I think it gave a lot of those kids a life lesson, even the ones that did nothing wrong but suffered the consequences of their peers mistake.

Those Lovejoy kids did high school stuff, but none of them attempted to injure an opponent (especially with intent after the play was complete). I wouldn't kick the kid off the team, but I sure would make him watch. If he quits on his teammates he probably lacked the moral fiber to be a good teammate anyway, however if he sticks it out he will be a better man for it and his teammates and classmates will all learn some life lessons about consequences and making good decisions.

Very well said...👌

To me there must be consequences for his actions. I would not kick him off the team as Lovejoy did... I was at the Henderson game that Lovejoy lost and one of the suspended players dads made him sit there and watch. They sat right in front of me so I could see and hear their whole conversation. The kid wanted to join the student section and his dad wouldn't let him. The father told him that his actions caused this and he was going to man up and sit there and watch. At the end of the game he had to go down on the field and be with his teammates and feel the full weight of the situation. A lot of players in the class of 2011 had huge ego's and thought they were above reproach. "Gatorade-gate" was just a symptom of the greater problems. I think it gave a lot of those kids a life lesson, even the ones that did nothing wrong but suffered the consequences of their peers mistake.

Kudos to that dad...that is parenting

• Like 1

The irony is that the game the players drank at was against Nevada-Community on the last game of the season. Lovejoy was up 50 or 60 something to nothing going into the half on Senior Night. A few boys hit the vodka and Gatorade early and the rest is history. Ironically Lovejoy was short 3 of their best players (one played two ways) and still shut out Celina 17-0 in the area round. Celina hadn't been shut out in decades.

Those Lovejoy kids did high school stuff, but none of them attempted to injure an opponent (especially with intent after the play was complete). I wouldn't kick the kid off the team, but I sure would make him watch. If he quits on his teammates he probably lacked the moral fiber to be a good teammate anyway, however if he sticks it out he will be a better man for it and his teammates and classmates will all learn some life lessons about consequences and making good decisions.

Glad you took the time to write the post. More kids need life lessons like that and a slap on the hand will not teach that to them.

Amazing that this post is still up for discussion. Most of you must dont have a life or at the least a very miserable one. How many on here have any real insight to this situation other than what you have read or saw on video. I know I don't. Sure the kid needs some type of disciplinary action, but to what degree I have no idea. Only those close to the situation are at best to say, not a bunch of armchair keyboard hacking judges & jurors. Unfortunately it is all to common in our society to make judgement of people without valid and conclusive information.

Amazing that this post is still up for discussion. Most of you must dont have a life or at the least a very miserable one. How many on here have any real insight to this situation other than what you have read or saw on video. I know I don't. Sure the kid needs some type of disciplinary action, but to what degree I have no idea. Only those close to the situation are at best to say, not a bunch of armchair keyboard hacking judges & jurors. Unfortunately it is all to common in our society to make judgement of people without valid and conclusive information.

Hilarious 😂 " you guys do not have a life or a miserable one because you are still talking about this" but let me just add my two cents.

😂😂😂

• Like 5

How is a video of him intentionally trying to injure an opponent not valid or conclusive? If something happened leading up to this then it should be addressed accordingly, but there is ZERO doubt that the QB tried to intentional injure an opponent after the play was dead...

By definition assault is a physical attack. Did anyone watching that video honestly think that was a physical attack? If you did then you have never really been attacked in your life.

. Patting someone on the backside is concidered assult these days. It is by definition the call of the one affected. See. It happen too many times in my position

If it was a premeditated thing he should have been beanched. If the coach overlooked it for the sake of winning. He or she dosen't have the charater to be coaching tiddley winks. The parents should have stepped in and began the teaching of the life lesson. Alot of people saw the film and it is what it is

Well Don't keep us all in suspense!!! What punishment do YOU think is appropriate?

I have no idea what the punishment should be.. do you??... let me ask you and the rest the these are chair judges, do any of you know this kid. Was this act in character or out of character for him. Has he done something like this before. Is he a bully at school or elsewhere.. or is he a student with good grades and never been in trouble or somewhere in between.. I don't have the answer to those questions and I doubt very seriously any of y'all do either. Yes he should be punished but to what degree I can't say. Like I said it's symptomatic of our society, see a video and off we go with knee jerk reactions. Most of y'all probably could make good BLM members.

Don't matter about his past behavior. Most of u have never been in trouble with the law and are most likely fine people. Lose your temper and really hurt someone in anger and see how you fare with the law. I am not i a position to pass judgement but if it was an intentional act and the coaches and parants think a 1 game sit out is enough. Did anyone talk to the victums coach and parants to get their opinion.

Don't matter about his past behavior. Most of u have never been in trouble with the law and are most likely fine people. Lose your temper and really hurt someone in anger and see how you fare with the law. I am not i a position to pass judgement but if it was an intentional act and the coaches and parants think a 1 game sit out is enough. Did anyone talk to the victums coach and parants to get their opinion.

You really can't be serious can you??? Since when does your past behavior(record) doesn't count for something good or bad. Even the REAL lawyers and judges look at past behavior especially in the punishment phase of a trial. I seen every thing from a slap on the wrist to jail time from some folks here just by looking at a video. Guilty of bad behavior and very poor judgement YES he is. What should happen to him I can't say knowing what LITTLE I KNOW. 1 game seems light but I'm not the fly on the wall

Damn guys, this dude sat a game, then played at least 3 more in the amount of time that it took yall to decide whether or not he should be punished.

Actually those on this website had decided he needed to be punished when the video was put up after the game. So, no it didn't take 4 games to decide. The debate is whether one game was sufficient. Bottom line is it is just a debate. We have no decision in what happens to him. That evidently has been decided, but things like this will always be open for debate.

• Like 2

Actually those on this website had decided he needed to be punished when the video was put up after the game. So, no it didn't take 4 games to decide. The debate is whether one game was sufficient. Bottom line is it is just a debate. We have no decision in what happens to him. That evidently has been decided, but things like this will always be open for debate.

Golfingnut understands forums... some of you should ask golfingnut for advice ....

You really can't be serious can you??? Since when does your past behavior(record) doesn't count for something good or bad. Even the REAL lawyers and judges look at past behavior especially in the punishment phase of a trial. I seen every thing from a slap on the wrist to jail time from some folks here just by looking at a video. Guilty of bad behavior and very poor judgement YES he is. What should happen to him I can't say knowing what LITTLE I KNOW. 1 game seems light but I'm not the fly on the wall

Final post on this thread for me... I watched the video of what happened; The Celina threw a pass and it was picked off & then the kid who intercepted the pass was tackled by several Celina players. The Celina QB then walks over to the pile of kids on the ground, looks at the leg of the kid who intercepted the ball & then steps onto the kid's leg, lifts his other foot(the QB) & shifts all of his weight onto the other kid's leg just above the ankle and shifts his body weight downward to apply maximum force to the leg & then steps away.

I see actions by the QB that were deliberate, premeditated & with intent to cause pain to the kid on the ground for picking off his pass... Do I think the QB should go to jail? Not for me to say because that decision belongs to the injured party, or his parents, if he's a juvenile. Do I think a one game suspension is adequate? Hell no; two? Nope, I think he should miss the rest of the season, & if he's a Senior? Tough! He rolled the dice when he retaliated against a defenseless kid still on the ground. Life's a ###... More so if you're stupid. (Drops the Mic)

• Like 2

I have no idea what the punishment should be.. do you??... let me ask you and the rest the these are chair judges, do any of you know this kid. Was this act in character or out of character for him. Has he done something like this before. Is he a bully at school or elsewhere.. or is he a student with good grades and never been in trouble or somewhere in between.. I don't have the answer to those questions and I doubt very seriously any of y'all do either. Yes he should be punished but to what degree I can't say. Like I said it's symptomatic of our society, see a video and off we go with knee jerk reactions. Most of y'all probably could make good BLM members.

Pure CR*P

Punishment should be...never participate in a UIL event

I know the kid has ZIPPO character...& slithers along the ground...evidently, AD & Supt. do the same...they did absolutely nothing so therefore, they sanction this behavior...oh...not a knee jerk...it was a stomp twice on the ankle...a real creep