Should Celina QB be Suspended ?

Hagar

Final post on this thread for me... I watched the video of what happened; The Celina threw a pass and it was picked off & then the kid who intercepted the pass was tackled by several Celina players. The Celina QB then walks over to the pile of kids on the ground, looks at the leg of the kid who intercepted the ball & then steps onto the kid's leg, lifts his other foot(the QB) & shifts all of his weight onto the other kid's leg just above the ankle and shifts his body weight downward to apply maximum force to the leg & then steps away.

I see actions by the QB that were deliberate, premeditated & with intent to cause pain to the kid on the ground for picking off his pass... Do I think the QB should go to jail? Not for me to say because that decision belongs to the injured party, or his parents, if he's a juvenile. Do I think a one game suspension is adequate? Hell no; two? Nope, I think he should miss the rest of the season, & if he's a Senior? Tough! He rolled the dice when he retaliated against a defenseless kid still on the ground. Life's a ###... More so if you're stupid. (Drops the Mic)

I agree 100%.......

@Carthdawg77... I wouldn't a have problem with your level of punishment if you were the COACH. I would assume you made the decision based on what you thought was the RIGHT thing to do. But what we have with the rest of the folks here is "mob mentality" and "group think". Albeit opinions, but still based on very little facts. Before you get it twisted (most of you do) I'm talking about punishment not the video. We can see what he did OK. Now if the coach failed then the school board and or the Superintendent could have stepped in and leveled a more severe punishment. So are you saying the whole Celina Admin is looking the other way, that's a pretty big indictment to put on a whole community. Let me pose another question for you wannabe "judge Judy's" If this was your hometown team and your best player committed such an egregious act what would your coach have done... and how do you know?

• Like 1

Actually those on this website had decided he needed to be punished when the video was put up after the game. So, no it didn't take 4 games to decide. The debate is whether one game was sufficient. Bottom line is it is just a debate. We have no decision in what happens to him. That evidently has been decided, but things like this will always be open for debate.

Great post. Seems opinions range from, give him a trophy, to hang him from the yardarm (not being a sailor, I'm not sure what a yardarm is, but getting hung from anything ain't good).

• Like 1

@Carthdawg77... I wouldn't a have problem with your level of punishment if you were the COACH. I would assume you made the decision based on what you thought was the RIGHT thing to do. But what we have with the rest of the folks here is "mob mentality" and "group think". Albeit opinions, but still based on very little facts. Before you get it twisted (most of you do) I'm talking about punishment not the video. We can see what he did OK. Now if the coach failed then the school board and or the Superintendent could have stepped in and leveled a more severe punishment. So are you saying the whole Celina Admin is looking the other way, that's a pretty big indictment to put on a whole community. Let me pose another question for you wannabe "judge Judy's" If this was your hometown team and your best player committed such an egregious act what would your coach have done... and how do you know?

Old saying...Fish rots from the head down