District 11-2A Championship  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

This game is going to be close in my opinion, stangs gonna play the Tigers hard and Overton is a solid ball club. Tigers might win but bet it's a heck of a game to watch. Bet both these teams go several deep in playoffs. Jmho

I hope you are right but with all the injuries and possible suspensions I just don't know

I'm picturing what a fight between a Tiger that has been caged and trucked 70 miles down the road to the Mustang's hometown horse-pen. I think the horse is a little ticked about sharing his home and the Tiger is hungry and cranky.

They got a good coaching staff and that does make a difference in tight games, this'n could get inneresting late, if the Tigers leave o-town hanging round late, Mustangs might shock some people with their tenacity and grit. Ima pick Overton in the upset.. Maybe take that bird with a light garlic herb sauce lightly seared and medium rare, if I'm wrong..

District 11-2A Championship

oY8M9o.jpgOr3cSe.jpg

Tigers at Mustangs

Sure, I'm pulling for a Mustang upset, but I just don't see it happening. I believe Tenaha to be a much stronger opponent than Carlisle, and a loss by a greater margin is likely.

But I love this! Meeting Tenaha in the regular season is soooo much better than playing them in the post-season! Such a great opportunity for the Mustangs to face a quality opponent without post-season consequence. That is: win or lose, their season continues.

I've no doubt that Strickland and his staff will put together a solid gameplan—and I believe the boys will play hard for four quarters—unfortunately these programs are in different stages of development. Tenaha is the more complete team. Overton's wings are still a bit wet. I think we're a year or two away from this truly being a competitive matchup.

As much as the 'Stangs have made tremendous strides in such a ridiculously short time, the Tigers just have too much speed and too much depth. Nevertheless, the Mustangs can learn a lot about themselves and find ways to improve heading into the post-season. Tenaha has weapons all over the field, and they'll expose Overton's weaknesses—which gives them a chance to get better in Week 10 against Wortham before the playoffs begin.

Yeah, it'll be a bitter pill to lose so handily after winning five-straight, but the medicine will do 'em good.

• Like 2

You ain't in no ways selling me that Mathias.. Nope not buying,and price is wrong. Man you really need to come in slower with the lead off and then throw the right when they go for the jab...

Nothin' gets by you, hoss. :lol:

Sure, I'm pulling for a Mustang upset, but I just don't see it happening. I believe Tenaha to be a much stronger opponent than Carlisle, and a loss by a greater margin is likely......

My heart says Stangs the truth is probably Tigers but dang what a ride! Woooooooooo! Hope for an injury free game and a goodun! Any word on the young man from Timpson that had to be helped off towards the end last night? Hope nothing serious.

With a three time all-district lineman deciding not to play this year, another two-time all-district lineman quitting before the first game, a two-way OL/DL starter quitting after 3 games, an all-district TE out all season with a back injury, and a 1st team all district RB/LB out for the season with a back injury (all seniors)...I'd say Friday night's win was well earned. And whatever happens vs Teneha is gonna happen. No excuses here. Our mentality is "next man up...go to work."

• Like 3

And whatever happens vs Teneha is gonna happen. No excuses here. Our mentality is "next man up...go to work."

That's what I like about MustangMania...no matter what, he's gonna skin that smokewagon and see what happens. thumb-up.png