Malakoff 62-28 Gbeck

Teague 14-10 West

Teague 41-07 GBeck

Malakoff 104-28

Teague 55-17

Malakoff has the better offense

Teague has the better Defense

We will see if ole saying goes defense wins championships. Offense wins games

I think malakoff has a very good defense aswell and have created/ taken advantage of multiple turnovers in those games and believe defense has scored some of those points. Teague will have to limit big plays and take care of the ball.

Another note this is a big game but it isn't season ending for either team. Believe either one of us could have gave Brock a good game if either would've taken care of business against cameron. Right off the top of my head cameron won state after losing to Rockdale and Groesbeck won their state title and lost against Fairfield in District that year. Sure there are others as well.

Im sure Driskell has a sour taste in his mouth for getting beat by 15 plus last 2 seasons. So if he gets the chance im sure he wont let up but it will be the closest game out of the 3 mark my words

Driskell is a class act and would not run the score up.

Driskell is a class act and would not run the score up.

Don't like the term running up the score, many times younger or non starters are in you want them to be hungry and execute and then there are times you have a chance to work on situations. Not a fan of padding individual stats though

Be careful saying y'all have to many athletes. Teague fields a ton now that almost everyone is back from injury. In my opinion the playing field is level with slight advantage to y'all. the 2 corners and safety for Teague are arguably some the best athletes around. They can go toe-to-toe with Barker, Hurt, and Russell. D-Line is also active and can pressure QB's and have done it all year. Expect a good ball game friday.

I am a neutral party though. I do believe Malakoff may be the real deal this year looking at stats, scores, and the athletes they're putting on the field. They have the talent to do damage as well. Just believe this game will be better than advertised.

No one in the region can stop barker in Russell it's a reason the QB for malakoff stats are good those guys make big plays for the tigers. Teague want be able to stop both of them Malakoff takes care of business and beats Teague by 4-5 touchdowns. I would love for it to be a close game because I wanna see where driskell coaching ability is against a competitive opponent so that I want witness what happened last year against Cameron. I expect malakoff to be representing region 3 and contend for state title.

No one in the region can stop barker in Russell it's a reason the QB for malakoff stats are good those guys make big plays for the tigers. Teague want be able to stop both of them Malakoff takes care of business and beats Teague by 4-5 touchdowns. I would love for it to be a close game because I wanna see where driskell coaching ability is against a competitive opponent so that I want witness what happened last year against Cameron. I expect malakoff to be representing region 3 and contend for state title.

What is it that you think you witnessed? What I saw was a sideline of about 80 kids vs a sideline of about 30. Yoe played 22 kids and Malakoff played about 14. I think that is what happened and I bet almost anyone that knows a little football would concur.

• Like 2

Another note this is a big game but it isn't season ending for either team. Believe either one of us could have gave Brock a good game if either would've taken care of business against cameron. Right off the top of my head cameron won state after losing to Rockdale and Groesbeck won their state title and lost against Fairfield in District that year. Sure there are others as well.

I said the same thing two years ago because just like two years ago in couple of weeks with a run in the playoffs you erase those bad feelings of a loss.

• Like 1

I saw that malakoff went into half time with a lead that should've been held by the tigers. I know football malakoff should have went to the ground and used the clock. They allowed Cameron to get the ball back and never burnt any clock. The amount of kids been played doesn't make up for blowing that sustainable lead. I think Malakoff was out coached. The tigers haven't had to win many games lately off the coach making real decisions to change the game. don't question my knowledge of football.

I think Malakoff should win in a fairly close game. Teague, in my opinion is down this year but hey are still a decent football team.

Bottom line is...... this is a pretty weak district relatively speaking. Relative to district 9 that is.

I don't think District 9 first place can beat District 10 fourth place team. We shall see.

I think Malakoff should win in a fairly close game. Teague, in my opinion is down this year but hey are still a decent football team.

Bottom line is...... this is a pretty weak district relatively speaking. Relative to district 9 that is.

I don't think District 9 first place can beat District 10 fourth place team. We shall see.

Weak District? There are no weak districts in R3

Those would be found in other regions

Relatively speaking.......that means in comparison with or measured against another.

Again, in comparison with or measured against district 10, I think District 9 is relatively weak.

I'm not sure your definition of weak but Malakoff and Teague both gave Yoe all they wanted. May have come up a little short but I guarantee we earned some respect from them. And the fact that was the first time playing each other and only losing by one to the 3 time state champs I'm pretty proud. Yoe is a borderline 4A school. We don't have those kind of numbers. Yoe had 22 starters while we were playing iron man football. That was the difference!

• Like 1

I saw that malakoff went into half time with a lead that should've been held by the tigers. I know football malakoff should have went to the ground and used the clock. They allowed Cameron to get the ball back and never burnt any clock. The amount of kids been played doesn't make up for blowing that sustainable lead. I think Malakoff was out coached. The tigers haven't had to win many games lately off the coach making real decisions to change the game. don't question my knowledge of football.

I'm an idiot for replying to you, BUT you're clueless. You must be a former player of Driskell's that didn't get to play much. I can't understand why anyone would be down on the staff that turned a 1-19 team into a constant playoff team. Makes no sense to me... but who am I to try and talk sense into someone...

I have been waiting for this game all year. The last 2 years I have gone into this game not knowing who would win. This year I go into this game thinking my Tigers should win by 21+. This year's offense is by far the best they have been the last 3 years but to add to that this defense is lights out. Either way I hope my Tigers come out victorious. Also I really hope both teams end this game as healthy as they start. I would love for both teams to represent our district in the playoffs and end up playing each other again. Go Tigers!

• Like 3

No doubt, it is going to be another great atmosphere and scene at Tiger Stadium for this one. This game features two of the top teams in Class 3A, Division 1, Region 3. Both teams have outstanding coaching staffs and incredible athletes. All signs point to a memorable game. It will be interesting to see if the crowd matches the estimated 4,000 that packed into Tiger Stadium for a game two years ago that turned into a 50-35 shootout that went in Teague's favor. Gates for the 7:30 p.m. contest are scheduled to open at 6 p.m. Get there early (if you want a good parking spot).

• Like 2

No doubt, it is going to be another great atmosphere and scene at Tiger Stadium for this one. This game features two of the top teams in Class 3A, Division 1, Region 3. Both teams have outstanding coaching staffs and incredible athletes. All signs point to a memorable game. It will be interesting to see if the crowd matches the estimated 4,000 that packed into Tiger Stadium for a game two years ago that turned into a 50-35 shootout that went in Teague's favor. Gates for the 7:30 p.m. contest are scheduled to open at 6 p.m. Get there early (if you want a good parking spot).

+ 1, looking for a great game between two solid football programs. Malakoff has the home field and is the more experienced team this year but Teague has gotten better every week. Save travels to everyone as there will be a lot of football fans that will attend.
  • Like 1