Teague at Malakoff

player73

Dist 10 is deeper but I think the Lions and Tigers are capable of beating anyone out of 10

West played Rockdale tough week 1 33-21

So Dist 9 is not just chopped liver

I would add that Teague is much different team on defense than Franklin remembers

There is no doubt that they have a different mentality on defense than when Franklin and Teague played in 2012 and 2013

I expect it to be a great game between two up and coming programs. I do like my Tigers to win but, I don't expect it to be a given. As far as D9 vs D10 always remember on any given Friday night any of these young men can play lights out and shock the crowd. I pray that all are healthy and safe throughout the game and their travels. I don't expect any of the teams named to just lay down and go away.

• Like 1

Did not know that Slappy....Pretty awesome!

Acordding to box score on maxpreps he had 4 tackles, a sack and 4 hurries. Also understand if a d-line man is double or tripled team and stats aren't plenty doesn't mean he didn't impact the game ( not saying this happened in this instance just know how much attention Ryan Mitchell commanded his 4 years for the lions)

Malakoff 7th 34-0 over Elkhart 7th

Malakoff 8th 42-0 over Elkhart 8th

Malakoff JV 35-12 over Teague JV.

Now ready for Varsity to keep the undefeated program going tomorrow night.

#TIGERNATION

That's is impressive without a doubt.

• Like 1

Yes they are. Collectively as a group they are about as balanced as any team I've ever seen. They have a couple of boys that could probably play on varsity right now. Not start, but play and contribute. The future looks bright around here. Coach Driskell and his staff have changed the culture in Malakoff. As the old saying goes, we don't rebuild we reload.

• Like 3

Yes they are. Collectively as a group they are about as balanced as any team I've ever seen. They have a couple of boys that could probably play on varsity right now. Not start, but play and contribute. The future looks bright around here. Coach Driskell and his staff have changed the culture in Malakoff. As the old saying goes, we don't rebuild we reload.

Well hopefully UIL changes our district before they get to varsity lol. Heard they are going to be something to watch for years to come.

• Like 2