Week 10 - Gilmer (3-0) @ Atlanta (1-2)

H3llR4z0r

Gilmer @ Atlanta  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the W?

Yea pretty much. I mean, if Pitt beats GW or Gilmer, and PG loses to GW, we're in as well. Or if PG loses to GW and SH. Basically, we need to have a 2 way tie for 4th with PG. We lose out if it's a 3 way tie with Pitt, PG, and Atlanta (more likely). Which I'm not selling out Pitt. When they come together, they are tough. They're a worse hot and cold team than even we are, they where just hot when it counted.

A lot riding on this game Friday. The entire community has been very supportive of the Rabbits this week, and I know these boys want this win in the worst way. A lot of these players are 3 year starters, so they've been put down in the qtrs by Gilmer their Soph and JR years. I know that the SR's will be playing with a special purpose, even talking to some of them all season long, they've had this game circled since December of last year.

Bring on the Buckeyes!!NUTCRACKA_zpswtgubmqd.png

Pittsburg can play well enough to upset a good team like Gwater or Gilmer. Like you said it depends on which Pittsburg team shows up. I bet we have some fans from Atlanta this week.

Pittsburg can play well enough to upset a good team like Gwater or Gilmer. Like you said it depends on which Pittsburg team shows up. I bet we have some fans from Atlanta this week.

You know it! I'm huge a huge Pitt and Spring Hill supporter this week haha.

Atlanta's defense has been solid for most of the season (aside from getting shredded by Pittsburg at will) and they can clamp down on Gilmer to the best of their ability, but the offensive play will need to be spotless for this to be a competitive contest.

The offense has been non-existent against PG and GW. Defense can win games but you need to score to make that a relevant statement.

We will need more than 7 points to beat Gilmer period.

Atlanta's defense has been solid for most of the season (aside from getting shredded by Pittsburg at will) and they can clamp down on Gilmer to the best of their ability, but the offensive play will need to be spotless for this to be a competitive contest.

The offense has been non-existent against PG and GW. Defense can win games but you need to score to make that a relevant statement.

We will need more than 7 points to beat Gilmer period.

Exactly. The defense has been great for the most part this season, but they're not quite the scoring defense we had last year. The offense is going to have to make up for that, as the defense pretty much gave us the only 2 scores we had against Gilmer last year.

Exactly. The defense has been great for the most part this season, but they're not quite the scoring defense we had last year. The offense is going to have to make up for that, as the defense pretty much gave us the only 2 scores we had against Gilmer last year.

How has Tristan Allen been playing? He was a monster last year. Haven't heard much this year.

How has Tristan Allen been playing? He was a monster last year. Haven't heard much this year.

They moved him to defensive end. He's still a force. Most teams run away from him. He's blocked 5 or 6 punts this season. He's knocked down a bunch of passes. I wish he was still able to play OLB. Robinson has had a limited season with the graduation of Kinney as well. Kinney was the real unsung hero of our defense last year.

7th grade A teams tied at 14-14

They moved him to defensive end. He's still a force. Most teams run away from him. He's blocked 5 or 6 punts this season. He's knocked down a bunch of passes. I wish he was still able to play OLB. Robinson has had a limited season with the graduation of Kinney as well. Kinney was the real unsung hero of our defense last year.

7th grade A teams tied at 14-14

Wow, didn't know he was at DE instead of LB. Our QB has had a little trouble with the LB dropping into passing lanes this season. Good to know he won't be in a position to do what he did to us last year, but I bet he still knocks down some passes tomorrow.

Wow, didn't know he was at DE instead of LB. Our QB has had a little trouble with the LB dropping into passing lanes this season. Good to know he won't be in a position to do what he did to us last year, but I bet he still knocks down some passes tomorrow.

Yea they move him around a lot. He swaps sides, drops in coverage even as an end. Atlanta's defense usually gives lots of different looks, so there is no telling where he may be.

More impressive than his playing style, is his personality. He was out there tonight with the 7th and 8th grade teams, cheering them on and helping them. Then when he's not doing that, he's playing catch with random little kids. He's a stellar athlete and just a great all around guy. Regardless of where he goes, I will go to watch him play at the next level.

• Like 1

Yea they move him around a lot. He swaps sides, drops in coverage even as an end. Atlanta's defense usually gives lots of different looks, so there is no telling where he may be.

More impressive than his playing style, is his personality. He was out there tonight with the 7th and 8th grade teams, cheering them on and helping them. Then when he's not doing that, he's playing catch with random little kids. He's a stellar athlete and just a great all around guy. Regardless of where he goes, I will go to watch him play at the next level.

Nice to hear. Expect nothing less from a class program like Atlanta.

How are y`all against the run and pass?

As you know, we have struggled with the run, but have gotten a little better as the season has progressed. Our pass D has been pretty good all year.

Hey how did u think our 8th grade looked

Today's the day!

Talked to a few senior players last night, and they're ready! "They bleed just like us, we can beat them."

Lots of things riding on this game, and the players know it. A playoff bid, last home game of the season, last home game ever for the seniors, and the best chance at revenge against the team that has put an end to their past 2 seasons deep in the playoffs! No better opportunity than tonight!

I only got to see them until the score was 14-6. They have a couple of pretty impressive backs. Both broke for long runs in the 1st.

Yea the ward kid is the younger brother of the running back on varsity he will be better than his older brother as he runs just as hard but has break away speed