Week 10 - Gilmer (3-0) @ Atlanta (1-2)

H3llR4z0r

Gilmer @ Atlanta  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the W?

I was astonished at the lack of depth Atlanta had. There couldn't have been more than 10 or 12 on the sidelines when the game was in play. Hard to hold up for 4 quarters with that few of players

We have 35 players on the team. 1 was injured, and 1 quit at halftime. Surprisingly, we had less players going both ways than usual. #2 as been our starting DB/RB since week 1, and he only took 1 snap at RB last night. #8 on the other hand, WANTED to play the entire game. He wanted to play both ways against Gilmer. He's no doubt the best we have at both positions (QB/S). He's really a safety at heart, just happens to have an arm as well.

Good game Gilmer. I thought we were going to have a game when our coach took the kickoff to start the game. We never do that. We had some offensive success, which is definitely change from the last 3 weeks, but in the end, we didn't improve enough. We knew we'd have to be mistake free this game. No dropped passes, no missed reads, no missed opportunity. We just couldn't quite get it done. Our defense put us in position to extend the lead, and take the lead several times, but we couldn't get it done. I commend those boys though, because they played their hearts out, especially the seniors. I was also happy to see #9 get the start, though he got winded really fast. Been waiting all season to see him get those kind of carries.

In my own opinion, this was the last close shot we will have at Gilmer for a while. We're graduating a ton of talent this year. Roughly... 9-10 starters, including both of our D1 linebackers. Most of these kids have been 3 year starters as well. 2 of the graduating players were the last 2 we had from our state champion 4x100 team.

Until next year, good luck Buckeyes. I sure hate we won't get the chance to meet you guys again this year. I absolutely would have never thought Atlanta would be sitting on the outside looking in on the playoffs this season, especially with all the players we had coming back. We still have a chance, but I'm not even considering it a possibility, because it would be a miracle. No doubt though I will be at some Gilmer playoff games this post-season. I follow all the district teams. Good luck to you guys!

• Like 2

There are teams that I look forward to see Gilmer play each season. Atlanta, Liberty Eylau, and Pleasant Grove are in my top five to play. Last night's game was a showcase of two very talented teams that played a take no prisoners football for four quarters. Playing Atlanta brings out the best in Gilmer, I am sure that the same applies to Atlanta as well.

We have 35 players on the team. 1 was injured, and 1 quit at halftime. Surprisingly, we had less players going both ways than usual. #2 as been our starting DB/RB since week 1, and he only took 1 snap at RB last night. #8 on the other hand, WANTED to play the entire game. He wanted to play both ways against Gilmer. He's no doubt the best we have at both positions (QB/S). He's really a safety at heart, just happens to have an arm as well.

Good game Gilmer. I thought we were going to have a game when our coach took the kickoff to start the game. We never do that. We had some offensive success, which is definitely change from the last 3 weeks, but in the end, we didn't improve enough. We knew we'd have to be mistake free this game. No dropped passes, no missed reads, no missed opportunity. We just couldn't quite get it done. Our defense put us in position to extend the lead, and take the lead several times, but we couldn't get it done. I commend those boys though, because they played their hearts out, especially the seniors. I was also happy to see #9 get the start, though he got winded really fast. Been waiting all season to see him get those kind of carries.

In my own opinion, this was the last close shot we will have at Gilmer for a while. We're graduating a ton of talent this year. Roughly... 9-10 starters, including both of our D1 linebackers. Most of these kids have been 3 year starters as well. 2 of the graduating players were the last 2 we had from our state champion 4x100 team.

Until next year, good luck Buckeyes. I sure hate we won't get the chance to meet you guys again this year. I absolutely would have never thought Atlanta would be sitting on the outside looking in on the playoffs this season, especially with all the players we had coming back. We still have a chance, but I'm not even considering it a possibility, because it would be a miracle. No doubt though I will be at some Gilmer playoff games this post-season. I follow all the district teams. Good luck to you guys!

Those linebackers! Where are they going?

Those linebackers! Where are they going?

#43 is probably going to LaTech, and the other I think may go to Wyoming. They are really stellar players. They've been kind of underrated this year because they've been put at DE because of our lack of depth on the defensive line. They are way better linebackers than ends. I wish we could find some way to cheat the system and get #43 for an extra year. He's such a great kid. He attends all the sub-varsity home games, and helps the kids in the huddle and what not, as well as throwing footballs with all the 7-11 year old kids all around the stadium. Always a great attitude and so friendly. He's been such a rock for this program, and a great role model for the younger kids. I will be going to watch him wherever he goes. Maybe we can take a road trip together and go watch him and Hurt at LaTech ;).

Quit??? Really????

Quit??? Really????

Yea, he was angry because the coach wouldn't play him. He's actually the starting MLB, and has played great all season in my opinion. I'm not sure the circumstances of why he wasn't being played, though I do know he didn't dress out against Gladewater. But, it upset him enough that they wouldn't allow him to play in the biggest game of arguably the biggest game of his high school tenure, so he walked out at halftime.