Week 10 - Gilmer (3-0) @ Atlanta (1-2)

H3llR4z0r

Gilmer @ Atlanta  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the W?

Not defending the SH players or coaches now or even some in the past, but I know for a fact not all the past SH coaches were like that. Mark Sartain would have never acted like that nor allowed his players to act like that.

It's not a coaching problem in Spring Hill, it is a culture problem. If you vouch for Coach Sartain, I have no doubt he is a good man. It was not his influence that caused the players to act the way they did. It was the players and the "privileged" culture they were raised in that was and still is the problem. No matter who the coach is, Spring Hill players act the same way.

Good luck against the Pirates. This feels strange, but I actually hope y`all win, along with the Buckeyes.

Anymore Gilmer / Spring Hill discussion needs to go to the Gilmer vs. Spring Hill thread.

I have watched a past coach from Gilmer put on shows that could win a Emmy. As for SH people or kids being arrogant or privileged or whatever you want to call us just remember. After being called out and put down by so many they may have just gotten tired of it. If I am called enough things even I and even you would get mad. It's easy to blame spring hill for things but just listen to your own crowd in the you tube video. I can't speak for anyone else but I am proud to support this team .After years of watching Gilmer hang 60 or 70 on us in football,it was good to see them stand up to the #### they have heard from some folks. The view of a classless team can be seen from either side. I have seen spring hill down by 50 at half and Gilmer still throwing the deep ball we never could cover. Sure this is a new year but these kids and fans wont forget those games.

I agree that Traylor was over the top and out of hand at times. He should have been flagged many times and wasn't. All the antics of Traylor during his 15 years at Gilmer don't even come close to the classless behavior of the Spring Hill coach this past Friday.

Spring Hill has a reputation going back 3 decades of playing and acting the way they did against the Buckeyes. The Panthers didn't "stand up" to anyone, they were just being who they were raised to be, arrogant, classless, and privileged jerks.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think those 76 - 0 type games Gilmer put on Spring Hill were a direct result of the conduct of the Spring Hill players, not only on Friday night, but on Thursday night as well.

Anymore Gilmer / Spring Hill discussion needs to go to the Gilmer vs. Spring Hill thread.

• Like 1

The problem with Spring Hill is the that the whole place has an arrogant, entitled, and "privileged" attitude. What you saw out of Spring Hill this past Friday was the exact same thing I experienced when playing for Gilmer in the 1990's. Coaches drilled into us during the week of practice for the Spring Hill game that they would run their mouth, take cheap shots, and be complete arrogant jerks.

It was true then and it is true now. The display their coach put on was deplorable. I have never seen a head coach antagonize an opposing teams sideline and their fans, and then encourage his teams fans to boo the referees. Pathetic. Usually the way a team plays and acts is a direct reflection of their coach. This isn't necessarily true of Spring Hill, because they have played and acted like this for nearly 3 straight decades, no matter who the coach is.

Looking forward to playing a class act program like Atlanta. Always like the way they play, except when they are playing Gilmer. Then I really can't stand how good they are, especially in 2003.

Gilmer will have to play dang good to beat the Rabbits this week.

Same stuff with us back in my day...

• Like 1

It's not a coaching problem in Spring Hill, it is a culture problem. If you vouch for Coach Sartain, I have no doubt he is a good man. It was not his influence that caused the players to act the way they did. It was the players and the "privileged" culture they were raised in that was and still is the problem. No matter who the coach is, Spring Hill players act the same way.

Good luck against the Pirates. This feels strange, but I actually hope y`all win, along with the Buckeyes.

Thanks medalhead10, good luck to y'all also. I will say this, watching the boys shake hands and congratulate each other after our game with Gilmer was nothing but class. I know both teams want to win, but watching those kids (both teams)after the game makes me think sometimes it's more us fans that get all bent out of shape about the game. It's always good to see games where sportsmanship and class still prevail, even with bigtime rivalries!

• Like 1

Nah y'all keep fighting here. Makes it less difficult for me to keeps the thread alive. Y'all are doing a marvelous job, and it's quite entertaining.

Man its hard to tell if these are kids or adults on here. Pass the crying towel around for these tear jerkers. To the Rabbits good luck friday night hope its a good game nothing but respect to yall.

The only thing I know for sure is that the Buckeyes will have to play much better than they did this past Friday in order to win. Atlanta's defense is for real, and the Buckeye offense will certainly have to avoid turnovers. The defense will have to step up, and continue to stop 3rd and 4th down conversions.

The Buckeyes just have to remember that they are going to get EVERYBODY'S best shot at the upset, and have to prepare accordingly. A very good week of practice usually translates to a good product on the field.

The only thing I know for sure is that the Buckeyes will have to play much better than they did this past Friday in order to win. Atlanta's defense is for real, and the Buckeye offense will certainly have to avoid turnovers. The defense will have to step up, and continue to stop 3rd and 4th down conversions.

The Buckeyes just have to remember that they are going to get EVERYBODY'S best shot at the upset, and have to prepare accordingly. A very good week of practice usually translates to a good product on the field.

Yep. This game means a lot to the Rabbits, especially he seniors. 2 straight seasons ended in the qtr finals to the Buckeyes, on top of that even, this is the last meaningful game of the season for the Rabbs unless they win. I know these seniors want it bad, and they have their best chance Friday in my opinion. I'm just worried about our offense man. Since district started, they've just fallen on their face, and can't find a way to move.

Goodness SH got under Gilmer's skin Friday night.... I dont know what happened but when GW played SH I didn't notice any bad sportsmanship from anybody of course the game was never in doubt when we played them so maybe they lost their edge early IDK but, Gilmer sure seems upset with the town of SH. As for Atlanta and Gilmer, Atlanta will probably have success moving the ball between the 30s but i think they will struggle to get points on the board in the red zone... I could see Atlanta putting up a fight early and seeing a halftime score of 21-14ish and then Gilmer pulling away in 2nd half winning by 2-3 scores...

• Like 1

Goodness SH got under Gilmer's skin Friday night.... I dont know what happened but when GW played SH I didn't notice any bad sportsmanship from anybody of course the game was never in doubt when we played them so maybe they lost their edge early IDK but, Gilmer sure seems upset with the town of SH. As for Atlanta and Gilmer, Atlanta will probably have success moving the ball between the 30s but i think they will struggle to get points on the board in the red zone... I could see Atlanta putting up a fight early and seeing a halftime score of 21-14ish and then Gilmer pulling away in 2nd half winning by 2-3 scores...

I guess SH did get under our skin a bit. They usually do. I think there's a rivalry between the two schools, even though it has been Gilmer completely dominating the series. SH hates Gilmer, and I don't really blame them after the woodshedding they normally take from them. They showed some "fight" in our matchup, and our players got caught up in it a time or two. Once we settled down in the second half we took care of business. I don't think our players took them seriously at all, and it definitely showed.

If the Buckeyes don't take the Rabbits serious enough, they could struggle again, and be primed for an upset. I'm hoping our players realize that you still have to be READY TO PLAY, and I think the coaches will definitely drive that point home this week.

This game will likely be close unless the Buckeyes come out on fire both offensively and defensively. Atlanta is good enough to beat us if we don't, especially at their house. We are the one team that gets everybody's best shot, so preparation is key. A good, focused week of practice will pay dividends on the field.

I guess SH did get under our skin a bit. They usually do. I think there's a rivalry between the two schools, even though it has been Gilmer completely dominating the series. SH hates Gilmer, and I don't really blame them after the woodshedding they normally take from them. They showed some "fight" in our matchup, and our players got caught up in it a time or two. Once we settled down in the second half we took care of business. I don't think our players took them seriously at all, and it definitely showed.

If the Buckeyes don't take the Rabbits serious enough, they could struggle again, and be primed for an upset. I'm hoping our players realize that you still have to be READY TO PLAY, and I think the coaches will definitely drive that point home this week.

This game will likely be close unless the Buckeyes come out on fire both offensively and defensively. Atlanta is good enough to beat us if we don't, especially at their house. We are the one team that gets everybody's best shot, so preparation is key. A good, focused week of practice will pay dividends on the field.

+1

I expect Gilmer to take care of business this week. I believe Atlanta's defense is good, but not good enough to stop the pass consistently. The key to this game in my opinion is Atlanta's offense. Which one shows up? Will the Atlanta QB be healthy enough after getting hurt last week? Atlanta is always a tough place to play, but I think the Gilmer offense will be too tough for the Rabs this week.

Is Atlanta hard to beat in Atlanta? Yes

Do they have it in for Gilmer? Yes

Is it a must game for Atlanta? Yes

Does Atlanta have a good defense? Yes

Does Gilmer have a good offense? Yes

Will there be a bunch of head buttin'? Yes

Will the Buckeyes pass offense be in sync? ?

Will the Buckeyes avoid turnovers? ?

Does Gilmer have one of the best coaching staffs in ETEX? Yes

Will Gilmer be fired up for the game? Yes, we want the district championship bad

Will Gilmer win? My guess is Yes,,,,,, we "still are" ticked about the 2003 game. But, we will only be thinkin' about the game at hand

Friday night. We'll be ready.

• Like 1

Is Atlanta hard to beat in Atlanta? Yes

Do they have it in for Gilmer? Yes

Is it a must game for Atlanta? Yes

Does Atlanta have a good defense? Yes

Does Gilmer have a good offense? Yes

Will there be a bunch of head buttin'? Yes

Will the Buckeyes pass offense be in sync? ?

Will the Buckeyes avoid turnovers? ?

Does Gilmer have one of the best coaching staffs in ETEX? Yes

Will Gilmer be fired up for the game? Yes, we want the district championship bad

Will Gilmer win? My guess is Yes,,,,,, we "still are" ticked about the 2003 game. But, we will only be thinkin' about the game at hand

Friday night. We'll be ready.

Oh how I wish we could give another thumpin' like 2003. We've taken more than our fair share since then. Surely it will come around some day...

Oh how I wish we could give another thumpin' like 2003. We've taken more than our fair share since then. Surely it will come around some day...

That is what the Cubs kept telling themselves, like forever. That is why we continue to play the games each year.

I expect Atlanta to put up a tremendous fight and keep everyone on the edge of their seats until the end.

Buckeye turnovers, or lack of, will probably be what determines the winner of this game.

Maybe this is the year of the Rabbit, but not according to the Chinese. Although, many of us will be Monkey's Uncles if Atlanta pulls out a win this week.

Even if Atlantas D plays great Gilmer will stiil probably get in the 30s so the Rabbs O has got to show up for them to have a shot. I just done see it......................

Bux 38

Rabbs 20

Has it been a crazy season in ET 4A-D2 or what?

I don't want to talk about it.

But I will say this... Last year's 25-16 final score was directly due to the Atlanta defensive effort. Atlanta's offense couldn't do anything last year, and Demarco ate our lunch at the end of the game. They just kept letting him pound the rock.

We have all but a couple of kids coming back from that defensive squad, so maybe we can slow this Gilmer passing game down, maybe force a few turnovers. A lot of these kids have been starting for 3 years. Both our linebackers that ran back picks last year are back. Also our safety that played in 2014 has had this game circled since week 1.

But the offense has to show up. Last year they were there, but the Gilmer defense just played great. Hopefully we can figure out how to move the ball. I don't know if I can take it if we don't lol. Averaging 13.7 points over our last 3 games is just not going to cut it against Gilmer.

If we don't do it this year, I don't think we will do it next year. We have a lot of talent graduating this year. I sure hate to see some of them go to.