Daingerfield vs New Diana

BlueBacker

I'm from Diana and my son plays for ND and he is in same grade as Jackson the QB and I can tell you that you are right he is a great kid he gives everything he has every play. He is very respectful kid, this has been a rebuilding year I will say now. Next year will be very very different everyone will be chasing us next year. I'm ready for some Friday night football.

Great. I'm from ND also. Don't have any kids in high school. Had one graduate afew years ago, and currently one in 7th grade.

I'm from Diana and my son plays for ND and he is in same grade as Jackson the QB and I can tell you that you are right he is a great kid he gives everything he has every play. He is very respectful kid, this has been a rebuilding year I will say now. Next year will be very very different everyone will be chasing us next year. I'm ready for some Friday night football.

Rebuilding? I seem to remember when someone said that last year on this forum, they got hammered and everything was blamed on the coaches, not the fact that these kids were predominantly sophomores a year ago. Most of them had a year of varsity experience before this year. I think what this year amounts to is let's of folks at BD are eating crow because of the hype of bringing in a big name staff and getting about the same results if the last couple of years. Oh wait, no, a couple of years ago when ND went 3-7, the went into the playoffs. That wasn't good enough for the Eagle faithful then but this year it is all roses, and excuses (injuries/rebuilding) with that sane record and no chance of making the playoffs. Daingerfield would have filled with ND having everyone healthy. What a difference a year makes! Still, ND has good kids but lack a killer/hard nose attitude that it takes to make a football program. ND has had some decent teams over the years. If you don't believe me, go sit in the stands and listen to how they "used to do it" back in the day. Of course back in that day, you could have gone to Pittsburgh, Gilmer, Carthage, Henderson or Daingerfield (all powerhouses in these days) and they would have never known New Diana was anything but a blinking light a little north of Longview.

Rebuilding? I seem to remember when someone said that last year on this forum, they got hammered and everything was blamed on the coaches, not the fact that these kids were predominantly sophomores a year ago. Most of them had a year of varsity experience before this year. I think what this year amounts to is let's of folks at BD are eating crow because of the hype of bringing in a big name staff and getting about the same results if the last couple of years. Oh wait, no, a couple of years ago when ND went 3-7, the went into the playoffs. That wasn't good enough for the Eagle faithful then but this year it is all roses, and excuses (injuries/rebuilding) with that sane record and no chance of making the playoffs. Daingerfield would have filled with ND having everyone healthy. What a difference a year makes! Still, ND has good kids but lack a killer/hard nose attitude that it takes to make a football program. ND has had some decent teams over the years. If you don't believe me, go sit in the stands and listen to how they "used to do it" back in the day. Of course back in that day, you could have gone to Pittsburgh, Gilmer, Carthage, Henderson or Daingerfield (all powerhouses in these days) and they would have never known New Diana was anything but a blinking light a little north of Longview.

Whoa. Someone sounds butthurt about something.

I'm not trying to be a ####, but when has ND every been a team to be reckoned with? As for as next year, everyone will be chasing you? In what exactly? Basketball? Y'all will have a few more practices under your belt, which should give you an edge I guess. Maybe that's what you meant. Cause it's not football.

I'm not trying to be a ####, but when has ND every been a team to be reckoned with? As for as next year, everyone will be chasing you? In what exactly? Basketball? Y'all will have a few more practices under your belt, which should give you an edge I guess. Maybe that's what you meant. Cause it's not football.

+1000