Marshall (4-1, 5-4) Vs. Pine Tree (2-2, 2-6)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Pine Tree  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Marshall in a close one
    • Pine Tree in a close one
    • Marshall in a blowout
    • Pine Tree in a blowout

I hope Pine Tree wins just to stay in the hunt for the playoffs. I don't think they deserve it, because of their losing record. However, the other teams that are vying for playoff spots all have losing records. I do think Marshall wins the game though.

Aaron Franklin was a LB. Fastest LB ive ever seen! Dont remember him playing offense. Didnt see that article but have to check it out.

He played RB in jr high. He told me that he liked to hit, no be hit. He also had a hard time holding on to the ball.

He played RB in jr high. He told me that he liked to hit, no be hit. He also had a hard time holding on to the ball.

Oh and speaking of... 2 months before he was released to play he ran a 4.37 40... and that was the highest time of the three of us timing him... we didn't time him again without pads ...

I would add Brandon Walker to that list as well. He was moved to QB his senior year and was a big time play maker.

I thought I posted this yesterday...but I guess I didn't.....

WALKER was tough as nails. He lead Marshall to one of their most legendary upsets of all time.

1993 playoffs..... first round.

Marshall was (5-5) entering the playoffs.... they faced a state ranked district champion team from Conroe Mcullough (now called "The Woodlands") who was (9-1). Game was at SFA.

The Mavs pulled off what was probably one of the biggest upsets in program history. I don't think ANYONE thought Marshall would beat the Woodlands.

Got to the second round and almost pulled another upset Vs. Killeen.

Game was at Baylor.... and the Mavs were driving deep into Killeen territory... but they failed on a 4th down. Killeen won the game 15-9.

Brandon Walker was the impetus in both of those game. Guy was a beast. He almost single handedly sent a (5-5) team to the region semis.

Fun times.

The defense struggled between the 20's at times.... but the red zone defense was great.

Stop on 4th and 1 and the 1

INT at the 1

INT in the endzone

Seems like there was another towards the end when PT was trying to score at the end of the game.

Hard to complain when you only give up 7 points.... but man.... we did give up some real estate last night.

Anyhow..... 5 wins in a row..... 5 blowouts in a row..... (6-4)......

Remembering how I felt about this team after the Ouachita game..... I'm pretty proud of the team for not giving up on the season. A lot of teams would have.

Idle thought..... Corsicana could end up the District Champions of 17-5A...... and we beat them 40-0.