Redwater @ Hughes Springs

Horns85

Redwater 5-3 (2-1) travel to Hughes Springs 3-5 (0-3).

This is a must win game for Hughes Springs to keep their playoff hopes alive. Also some other things will need to happen with some other teams and point spreads. Redwater currently holds the 3rd spot in district.

Will HS rebound after 4 straight L's or will Redwater win and secure no worse than 3rd.

Mustang 21 the Freshman QB is back on JV from what I heard. The Mustangs still have a shot at the playoffs so I doubt they would put him in at Quarterback,they have a Sophomore that would be in front of him anyway. The Freshman is small right now for Varsity and he needs to put on some weight before he lines up behind center. Don't get me wrong the kids got some talent and will grow into a good Quarterback but don't rush it. I wouldn't take the chance of getting him hurt, it makes no sense in my humble opinion.

QB will not be changed for sure! If they do anything they may give him a rest on defense changing in and out. plenty of talent wasting on sidelines!

I don't think they will make a change either just saying I would like to see what the kids got. I agree we probably have wasted talent on the sidelines but that's probably not going to change either. It would be nice to see some of those kids have a chance to play. While we still mathematically have a chance to make the playoffs do we realistically have a chance?

"SPECIALTEAMS00"

I think you know the answer to that question.........

I know the answer we will stick with the same old thing and keep getting same results year in and year out. I have only seen the freshmen a couple of times and he may not be ready yet but hope he gets the opportunity next year to compete for the position. Competition makes everyone better. This isn't something knew in HS. People can say the kids have no heart and aren't mad because they lost but that is a culture that has been created. The coaches don't like losing I know but they have allowed the culture we are seeing.