Redwater @ Hughes Springs

Horns85

I thought the coaches decided who starts. NOT the fans or parents

+1. And they play the players that THEY feel gives them the best chance to win. Why would they intentionally leave better players on the sideline. Parents always hold their kids in high regards and always will. These coaches and kids are doing the best that they can IMO and I for one support them all 100%.
  • Like 4

+1. And they play the players that THEY feel gives them the best chance to win. Why would they intentionally leave better players on the sideline. Parents always hold their kids in high regards and always will. These coaches and kids are doing the best that they can IMO and I for one support them all 100%.

Just my 2 cents since, there is an abundance of that these days.

Any parent who gets on social media and blames other teammates and/or coaches , you are hurting your kid NOT helping.

• Like 1

My statement is ignorant?.....Please! Just another fan that wants to put all the blame on the coaches... or excuse me, some of the coaches. Let me guess, you think all of the players are playing with heart right now and its the coaches fault we aren't winning right? Like I said, I call it like I see it. Saying a team isn't playing with heart isn't bashing. I agree there are some players giving 100 percent but there are some players who act like they don't care either way. If it's not about heart, then what is it about? Don't say size and moving up to big 3A because I stated that already. So tell me, what is the problem?

Why don't YOU tell me what players aren't playing with heart, since you seem to know so much about how these kids play. You can PM me that observation, if you don't have the courage to put it out where everyone can have some justification for your comments. You made comments about taking picture after the games too...I have a challenge for you on that comment as well....why don't you go down to the field after the game and tell their moms what you think about that and then come back on here and let us all know how it worked out for you. It's about memories for some of these parents, win or lose. Yeah, I stand by my original comment. Can we move this thread to HS/RW now?

Why don't YOU tell me what players aren't playing with heart, since you seem to know so much about how these kids play. You can PM me that observation, if you don't have the courage to put it out where everyone can have some justification for your comments. You made comments about taking picture after the games too...I have a challenge for you on that comment as well....why don't you go down to the field after the game and tell their moms what you think about that and then come back on here and let us all know how it worked out for you. It's about memories for some of these parents, win or lose. Yeah, I stand by my original comment. Can we move this thread to HS/RW now?

Just don't get it do ya? You and a couple others on here are what's wrong. All style, no substance, I bet.

Specialteamsoo- I am not going to continue to argue about my opinion. I would never call out a player on here for any reason. I stated my opinion and thats not going to change until I see different. You stated that this is a culture thats being created then who's creating it? Better yet, what culture are you speaking of if they are all playing with heart? This will be my last post concerning you because it isn't about us it's about the team and I am now ready to talk about the HS v/s Redwater game.

Just don't get it do ya? You and a couple others on here are what's wrong. All style, no substance, I bet.

For the record, I have defended this team all year when people want to get on here and bash the #### out of them and talk about how bad they are, so if defending HS is what's wrong....I will gladly wear that crown. I have noticed that earlier in the year, when HS was doing good, there weren't as many people on here fighting and arguing amongst each other, about the team, coaches and fans. Funny how 4 bad losses changes the "culture" of the fan base huh? Where have all of you "stand up" fans been all year? NOW, you all want to jump in and drop your knowledge because some people get #### off when others talk about the players on this team! These are teenaged kids, playing a game and they don't all respond the same way to adversity or the way adults might expect them to. When you see a kid holding in his emotions, and over hear them telling their parents that it's embarrassing to lose these games the way they have, it might make one realize the pressure some of them feel to perform in front of their family, friends and classmates. And then have people say they don't play with heart, or not give 100%, from someone that just showed up on SDC or had to change their username to make the comment? Allow me to apologize for not taking it lightly!

I wouldn't bet more than you are willing to lose chief. I'm done arguing and I will continue to support the HS athletic program and its kids.

• Like 2

Specialteamsoo- I am not going to continue to argue about my opinion. I would never call out a player on here for any reason. I stated my opinion and thats not going to change until I see different. You stated that this is a culture thats being created then who's creating it? Better yet, what culture are you speaking of if they are all playing with heart? This will be my last post concerning you because it isn't about us it's about the team and I am now ready to talk about the HS v/s Redwater game.

I respect your opinion, as I do most on these threads. Although I must disagree on the culture subject. I was only agreeing or replying to a previous post, and people only see what they choose to see. HS has some growing pains to overcome and that's a fact, but they are a better team than what they have shown. I would imagine the 4 bad losses have a lot more to do with confidence more than heart. When you expect to perform a certain way, and it doesn't happen, I feel like they need to look at themselves individually and challenge themselves. I know that some of my posts aren't always politically correct, so to speak, but one thing I hate more than anything is the fighting and arguing amongst fans and especially any bad talk about the players. Thanks for your opinion

I agree with Bostonlion....had HS beaten Jeffy and NB......would there be these arguments on here?

HS can win this next game, if they play the way we all know they can.

Many of the Mustang football team, unfortunately, get on this site and they see all this talk about them. They see when parents are on here throwing them under the bus. Or anyone for that matter. Did you ever stop and think how it affects them when they see this stuff? This type of stuff can and will adversely affect a team's morale along with the coaching staff. If you want to throw players or coaches or whomever under the bus how about you do it in private and not on social media? And if you have a problem with the coaching staff then it's probably best you go sit down and talk to the coach. Social media is hurting this team. Think about the boys.

• Like 1

Many of the Mustang football team, unfortunately, get on this site and they see all this talk about them. They see when parents are on here throwing them under the bus. Or anyone for that matter. Did you ever stop and think how it affects them when they see this stuff? This type of stuff can and will adversely affect a team's morale along with the coaching staff. If you want to throw players or coaches or whomever under the bus how about you do it in private and not on social media? And if you have a problem with the coaching staff then it's probably best you go sit down and talk to the coach. Social media is hurting this team. Think about the boys.

• Like 1

He better set up early...he's gonna be double booked lol

When a Dfield guy cracks a joke about this type of thing, you know we have gone too far.😂 Let's just agree to disagree and support the TEAM, kids, coaches, parents, and fans. It will come back around. Every team has lean years. Go Mustangs!
  • Like 2