Redwater @ Hughes Springs

Horns85

Now it's the parents' fault. U guys are really struggling Huh??

If you think a parent putting junk in a kids ear doesn't affect play, go to any ball field and look at all the outfield coaches, and then watch a kids eyes, and head turn when trying to hear their expert parent, then the coach on the field.

But you're right, it's not a problem to have a know it all parent fill their kids head with junk. You're right.

If you think a parent putting junk in a kids ear doesn't affect play, go to any ball field and look at all the outfield coaches, and then watch a kids eyes, and head turn when trying to hear their expert parent, then the coach on the field.

But you're right, it's not a problem to have a know it all parent fill their kids head with junk. You're right.

Didn't say it couldn't be a problem. But, ding-ding-ding----happens everywhere. We live in a very selfish society. Get over it. It ain't changing.

So far I've read that the problem is:

No talent

Bad coaching

The culture

Injuries

Playing in the 'big' school division

And now parents

Wow! What's next? Bad moon phase?

When a Dfield guy cracks a joke about this type of thing, you know we have gone too far. Let's just agree to disagree and support the TEAM, kids, coaches, parents, and fans. It will come back around. Every team has lean years. Go Mustangs!

Typical HS threads dont disappoint on SDC and this one sure is one of the better ones lol. I was giving it a break but dang I think I see a bunch of new posters on here. It looks like it escalated quickly.

Typical HS threads dont disappoint on SDC and this one sure is one of the better ones lol. I was giving it a break but dang I think I see a bunch of new posters on here. It looks like it escalated quickly.

At least it wasn't started by someone trolling them this week :). Makes my job on SDC easier

• Like 2

I respect your opinion, as I do most on these threads. Although I must disagree on the culture subject. I was only agreeing or replying to a previous post, and people only see what they choose to see. HS has some growing pains to overcome and that's a fact, but they are a better team than what they have shown. I would imagine the 4 bad losses have a lot more to do with confidence more than heart. When you expect to perform a certain way, and it doesn't happen, I feel like they need to look at themselves individually and challenge themselves. I know that some of my posts aren't always politically correct, so to speak, but one thing I hate more than anything is the fighting and arguing amongst fans and especially any bad talk about the players. Thanks for your opinion

I agree with Bostonlion....had HS beaten Jeffy and NB......would there be these arguments on here?

HS can win this next game, if they play the way we all know they can.

I agree Hughes Springs can win this game and I hope they do. We need to win by 12 to stay alive for the playoffs. If we come out and play like I know we can we should be able to handle Redwater. One things for certain I will be there tomorrow night just like I am every Friday night rooting for our team.

• Like 2

At least it wasn't started by someone trolling them this week :). Makes my job on SDC easier

Lol well I do have a heart even though some may think I don't I was going to give it a break since HS has had it rough, but even without me dadof57 and ETF it's happened anyway. HS threads are Turing out better than cable t.v.

All I can do is shake my head reading all this #### in this thread thought this is suppose to be talk about HS vs Redwater an here it is mainly HS vs HS. Thats one of the main problems now reason why things are the way they are in this town can't even have adults being mature an thats where the problems begin. Doesn't for sure take a genius to know who I am not that it matters but all this bickering about that QB position unless something drastically happens there wont be a change until the 2018-19 year. If the game since the season has started i believe that #3 has done one hell of a job all this talk just because he had 5 ints guess what poop happens instead of harping on that he still had 3 TD passes an several other nice passes alone with having the most rushing yards in the game after the beating he was taking. So 3 thumbs up to that Jr QB #3

its hard to win when you have to score 40 points a game

Damn shame when u have other people from another town come in HS vs Redwater just to see HS vs HS like i said before thats why the wins have turned into losses...what other towns schools teams fight amongst each other...I apologize to all other people that arent from HS having to read what u have trust me poop didnt use to be this bad...

It takes a special brand of ignorant adults to try & kick a kid down when he didn't perform as expected in a game. But guess what?!!! You can say what you want cause my boy QB #3 has worked his tail off for his team. This being his 1st year as starting QB hasn't been easy for him but he's not complained one time. When he's messed up he owned it he didn't make up any excuses for himself. Y'all can say what you want about behind the screen but clearly don't have the balls to say it to his face or his parents & that makes you a coward! He's doing all he can to help his team win but all you see is the things he's down wrong no mention about his passing yards that were good or all his rushing yards when he had to fight to get every gained yard and took a beating for it. He's going to finish out this season with grace and dignity.

Its all good HSBeauty let them keep downing the Mustangs QB ONE OF THEIR MAIN KEY PLAYERS ON THE TEAM since the season began being the nicest most well mannered athlete that he is he doesnt bite when idiot adults from our own town try an criticize him but guess what I DO

Also hard to win with 5 INT, just to be fair.

Wonder what #3 would think about reading your hypocritical evaluation?

Just my 2 cents since, there is an abundance of that these days.

Any parent who gets on social media and blames other teammates and/or coaches , you are hurting your kid NOT helping. (page 3 of this thread, in case you forgot what you said)

Practice what you preach, or change your speech ^^^^^^^^

I think you and couple of other "new" posters on here have turned this thread into one big embarrassing display of in-fighting amongst fans. I have been on here all year and not once have any of the regular posters (or rival posters) brought up anything about the kids or coaches, because we know the rules, but more importantly we respect the fact that a lot of them DO read these posts. All of the mentions of culture, coaches, players and parents were brought onto this thread by all of you "new" folks, and the instant one of us reply ya'll want to get on your soap boxes and start your sermon. Guess what? There is more knowledge on these threads than you might want to believe or admit, so if you can't tell the difference between Bryce Hunter and Bryce Harper (another observation I made about your knowledge)....please step down off of your high horse and support this HS program, instead of embarrassing yourself and everyone else that supports HS.

Have a nice day and Go Mustangs!

Being as clear as I can possibly be, someone stated its hard to win games giving up 40 points a game. I only stated the same about 5 INT's. Didn't call any kid out. As for Thatsmyboy3, your opinion matters not to me. You will be gone in a couple years from this thread. I root for the Hughes Springs Mustangs no matter the year, no matter the player. I have been and will continue to be here, year after year. Not just when my kid graduates. I have and as we all should have an interest in all of these kids. Not just how many accolades my kid or any kid gets. Its a team game. You guys can go ahead and jump on your little bandwagon, talk about how youre about the team, and then talk about how the recievers don't get open, and how the line didn't protect and your kid was running for his life, but that's about the team right? Hear what you want, and see what you want, but when you can't see but what you only want to, you won't see the clear picture. Im not on here to support one kid I am on here supporting the whole team, Im also not gonna come on here and profess to knowing everything, but what I do know, is that no matter how good one player is, he or she, no matter the sport, needs his teammates to be willing to follow and support and protect all players.

• Like 1