Redwater @ Hughes Springs

Horns85

Being completely honest here. No joking. I only know a few of these kids. I haven't even bought a program this year. With that said, of the 12-14 kids on the sideline. Which ones have all this talent I keep hearing about and which starters should they replace or spell? Just use numbers so no names are thrown around. I will buy a program Friday. I just want to know in case they go in. Serious guys. I'd like to know. Be specific please.

Well that is definitely in your favor. And after watching some film tonight on last weeks game, ya' ll are correct in that your QB took a thrashing from NB . I'm not sure if HS was that bad or NB was that Good, But no.9 for NB was kicking #$# and passing out Sonic Coupons ....If your line don't give him better protection this week... Sabine might be your only hope for a W in district this year.

• Like 1

"SPECIALTEAMS00"

I think you know the answer to that question.........

I know the answer we will stick with the same old thing and keep getting same results year in and year out. I have only seen the freshmen a couple of times and he may not be ready yet but hope he gets the opportunity next year to compete for the position. Competition makes everyone better. This isn't something knew in HS. People can say the kids have no heart and aren't mad because they lost but that is a culture that has been created. The coaches don't like losing I know but they have allowed the culture we are seeing.

I agree the culture is and has been that way for awhile, but I wouldn't say ALL of the coaches have allowed it. As far as the freshman goes, I don't agree that he is ready either, and he may be allowed to compete, but he will not unseat #3. These kids have heart, but it's not about that at all. It's something far different than that.

• Like 1

Any takers on the player changes that should be made to get the talent in the game? What is the culture that has been created? I understand it to mean a culture where the kids don't mind losing. Is that what y'all are saying?

I agree the culture is and has been that way for awhile, but I wouldn't say ALL of the coaches have allowed it. As far as the freshman goes, I don't agree that he is ready either, and he may be allowed to compete, but he will not unseat #3. These kids have heart, but it's not about that at all. It's something far different than that.

What is it?

Any takers on the player changes that should be made to get the talent in the game? What is the culture that has been created? I understand it to mean a culture where the kids don't mind losing. Is that what y'all are saying?

What is it?

You seem to follow HS pretty close 88. I'm pretty sure you know what it is, if I had to guess.

While I have no dog in the fight, I will continue to support this team and the kids that play on it. When folks get on here and talk about these kids having no heart, or not playing hard it only shows their ignorance. If you look at things with open eyes, you will see the problems. Laying blame on the kids and bashing them on social media WON'T change the results, it only shows your character or the lack thereof.

• Like 1

I hope we see competition at every position didn't mean to single out just the QB. Each kid should have to compete for there position each year. It would make the whole team better and that should start in the 7th grade. I only mentioned the freshmen QB because I have gotten to see him play on a few occasions and him and the freshmen running back stand out. Of course they are playing against jv kids and not varsity. Hope they stay on jv next year if they are not going to be able to compete for their position. They will only get better by playing.

HS88 I couldn't tell you if any of the kids starting on the sidelines have talent or not never seen them play. Obviously the coaches don't think so.

You seem to follow HS pretty close 88. I'm pretty sure you know what it is, if I had to guess.

I have stated what I think the problem is. The move up. New offense. Not much varsity experience. And we are playing teams that are better than us. That's my opinion. Let's hear yours. Am I missing something. They compete in practice. Or at least that's how it's usually done. Of course this is just my opinion. I really would like to hear if there's something else.

So there is no confusion here those of you that have asked my brother what my screen name I have on Smoakey now you know. So yes I love watching the freshmen QB play. I have seen the small chatter on here about him. He will play when the coaches think he is ready. He will work hard until that time comes and no I don't think it will be next year. We have a lot of talent on the field right now and we need to lift those kids up for the few weeks and not worry about next year.

I will say I do agree with one thing about some of the previous posts about competition. There should be completion at every position in every sport every year not just football.

• Like 1

I have stated what I think the problem is. The move up. New offense. Not much varsity experience. And we are playing teams that are better than us. That's my opinion. Let's hear yours. Am I missing something. They compete in practice. Or at least that's how it's usually done. Of course this is just my opinion. I really would like to hear if there's something else.

clean out your inbox :-)

All I can do is shake my head reading all this #### in this thread thought this is suppose to be talk about HS vs Redwater an here it is mainly HS vs HS. Thats one of the main problems now reason why things are the way they are in this town can't even have adults being mature an thats where the problems begin. Doesn't for sure take a genius to know who I am not that it matters but all this bickering about that QB position unless something drastically happens there wont be a change until the 2018-19 year. If the game since the season has started i believe that #3 has done one hell of a job all this talk just because he had 5 ints guess what poop happens instead of harping on that he still had 3 TD passes an several other nice passes alone with having the most rushing yards in the game after the beating he was taking. So 3 thumbs up to that Jr QB #3

• Like 3

My statement is ignorant?.....Please! Just another fan that wants to put all the blame on the coaches... or excuse me, some of the coaches. Let me guess, you think all of the players are playing with heart right now and its the coaches fault we aren't winning right? Like I said, I call it like I see it. Saying a team isn't playing with heart isn't bashing. I agree there are some players giving 100 percent but there are some players who act like they don't care either way. If it's not about heart, then what is it about? Don't say size and moving up to big 3A because I stated that already. So tell me, what is the problem?