Haylon Leckelt Breaks Vidor's All Time Rushing Record

Hagar

Some news from down in the swamp area of Texas. This is a quote from the Vidor Vidorian.

"On the following play, Haylon Leckelt got the call and gained 14 yards and a spot in the record books as he became the Pirates' all time rusher with 4,494 career rushing yards, eclipsing the previous record held by Tim Hagler since 1982. Calling a time out, players and coaches rushed the field to congratulate Leckelt on his record breaking performance".

I would add that Hagler was one of the best backs I'd ever seen play, and was the tailback in an "I" formation, who got most of the carries. Vidor has run the Slot T during Leckelt's career, so the ball carrying is split up much more. Wish I knew his yards per carry average. Still, a note worthy accomplishment. Vidor is open this Friday, and will play PAM next week with a possible District Championship on the line. So Leckelt will have at least two more games to pad that record.

Did find his yard per carry for this year thru week 8, 9.74. (99 carries for 965 yards).

Two reasons his yardage is relatively low this year. Primarily, Vidor has four good backs, and quite a few games, all four will top 100 yards, plus defenses key on him. Still, not to shabby.

Btw, heard they gave Haylon the ball at the time he broke the record, and he took it into the stands and gave it to his mom.

Very very impressive. Wonder if he will be playing on saturdays?

They have him listed at 5'11, 185. I've never seen him play since I follow Evadale now, but they say he's fast and runs thru the line like a 220 pounder. Lamar has been recruiting a lot of local players. I'd think (hope) someone would give him a shot.

Love it when great young men get to break records and what are the forums for down in the swamp are called

There's a forum down in the swamp called SETXSPORTS. Feel free to join and participate. Personally, I enjoy both forums.