Worst Person To Sit By At A Game

Stoney

The group of moms that cheer for little johnny, when he makes a tackle 35 yards down field.

That's the damn truth. And they don't even know it was Johnny that made the tackle until they say his name over the loud speaker.
  • Like 1

Guest Houpteetx44

Definitely band parents.

Now I'm going to go off track for a moment.... Someone with some authority needs to realize that most FOOTBALL fans have zero interest in watching 28 minutes of kids walking around on their tip toes like they have something stuck where it shouldn't be. How did we get to this point. Seems like years ago there was a lot of precision marching or military style bands that also played good music, not all this hoity-toity stuff most of our bands play now. It gets even worse when band directors think they can go beyond the 28 minutes allocated and that they can just keep on marching until they have completed everything they need to be sure they have gotten in a full practice for Saturday's band competition. Cut the halftimes to 15 minutes. Start fining band directors for going over their allocated time, or penalize that teams football team and then I'm sure the head coach will get it worked out with the band director straight away. And what is up with all the ridiculous oversized props that many bands are using now. Nine out of ten bands give zero entertainment to the fans unless the fan is into marching competition practice which seems to be what halftime has turned into.

Definitely band parents.

Now I'm going to go off track for a moment.... Someone with some authority needs to realize that most FOOTBALL fans have zero interest in watching 28 minutes of kids walking around on their tip toes like they have something stuck where it shouldn't be. How did we get to this point. Seems like years ago there was a lot of precision marching or military style bands that also played good music, not all this hoity-toity stuff most of our bands play now. It gets even worse when band directors think they can go beyond the 28 minutes allocated and that they can just keep on marching until they have completed everything they need to be sure they have gotten in a full practice for Saturday's band competition. Cut the halftimes to 15 minutes. Start fining band directors for going over their allocated time, or penalize that teams football team and then I'm sure the head coach will get it worked out with the band director straight away. And what is up with all the ridiculous oversized props that many bands are using now. Nine out of ten bands give zero entertainment to the fans unless the fan is into marching competition practice which seems to be what halftime has turned into.

Agreed...I blame it on all the flag boys.

Was at a game 2 weeks ago and the "pom pom" persons marched onto the field.....had 22 young ladies and 4 guys....and boy could they shake that pom pom!!!!!!One of them was even drill team member of the week!!!!!...I know I know....suppose to let the children pick what they want to perform in...whether it be football, basketball, track, band or even POM POM drill team.....BUT.............better shut up before someone gets on here and raises cane because of my "wanderings"......sorry...And when "they" did a flip or twirl....the stands went wild!!!!!!...back in the "stone age"....the stands would have gone WILD but NOT because of their prowess with a pom pom!!!!!....today would probably been arrested for too many "choice words" being "thrown" at them....

• Like 1

The worst person(s) to sit by to me are those that stand up for no reason and won't sit down, the socialites who have no real interest in the game, the one's that sit on their hands all the time and won't cheer, the bleacher coaches who are always criticizing the coach's play calling and are generally negative all the time, and those that have no consideration for those around them or are oblivious to them (which kind of fits all the aforementioned).

Let me first state that I'm a woman so I may be considered overly "sensitive," and I do realize that as a parent of a football player I have to have a thick skin BUT... I hate sitting by people who probably rode the bench in high school talk bad about players. By bad, I DO NOT mean the typical "Why'd you throw that?" "Pay attention," "Get your head in the game," type comments/statements. I mean the "Get that mother #%*%} off the field." Yes. That was yelled in all its unfiltered glory from directly behind me aimed at my son. Do not call kids profane names. Btw, his arm was broken in a game against Tatum a few games later and then we moved for his senior season and he didn't step back on the field. How'd that work out for you? Yes. I'm still bitter 2 years later. Lol. But in all seriousness, please be careful about what you say about people's kids !

Social hour= 95% of Spring Hill fans and

Half the stands empty after band plays.

We can be upsetting someone and other team is going for it on 4th down. I stand up and yell. Everyone turns and stares at me like I'm crazy. How dare I interrupt the social hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me first state that I'm a woman so I may be considered overly "sensitive," and I do realize that as a parent of a football player I have to have a thick skin BUT... I hate sitting by people who probably rode the bench in high school talk bad about players. By bad, I DO NOT mean the typical "Why'd you throw that?" "Pay attention," "Get your head in the game," type comments/statements. I mean the "Get that mother #%*%} off the field." Yes. That was yelled in all its unfiltered glory from directly behind me aimed at my son. Do not call kids profane names. Btw, his arm was broken in a game against Tatum a few games later and then we moved for his senior season and he didn't step back on the field. How'd that work out for you? Yes. I'm still bitter 2 years later. Lol. But in all seriousness, please be careful about what you say about people's kids !

YES! That's inexcusable right there! Those that cuss are the worst, especially those that cuss the kids!

• Like 1

I know we all have seen some weird stuff on Friday nights but that's what makes this sport what it is. I will take the crazy,goofy,annoying,loud,and yes even the ones that know nothing about football over the ones that sit and say nothing at all. I have seen just about everything from the stands on Friday nights and so many stories I could tell as I am sure we all could. If I had any real complaint I guess it would be to the person complaining about any kid that was doing the best they could in any activity that happens on Friday night. Not a bash on anyone's comments. I am just proud of any kid that is willing to be a part of my favorite sport, Texas High School Football.

• Like 1

John Tyler has some of the deadest fans. They only cheer when they hear TOUCHDOWN!!!! WHEN THE OPPONENT IS ON OFFENSE, 3RD AND WHATEVER....IF IT WERE NOT FOR ME LOL U CAN HEAR A PEN DROP. Idk the game but I know how to supprt my team. I wanna yell to them, STAND UP AND PRAISE THE LORD!!!!AT LEAST WHEN THE BOYS LOOK UP THEY SEE YALL ON YOUR FEET!!!! Coaches and the team snb in the game turning around, tryin to engage the crowd. STAY AT HOME!!!! SINCE IM CRUNK ON MY FEET, I LOOK CRAZY. THANKING GOD IN ADVANCE..CANT WAIT TIL BRYSON GETS TO UOFH. ALL THE WAY LIVE WILL BE ME

• Like 1

. Parents that let there kids run around. ( They need to be kicked out)

We gots kids that will run into a chainlink fence full bore, right where your standing while screaming bloody murder. All you can do not to whip their butt or throw'em over the fence.

You should sit next to my mother at a game... she will be watching the game, see a touchdown, know it's a touchdown, then cheer with a 5 second delay

My mom makes every home game. Asks me at least three times each game "Who is # so-n-so?" I reply "That's Billy JoeBob Jones." Then she asks "Who are his parents?" "I don't know." "Well are they new here?" "I don't know." "Well why isn't so-n-so's grandson playing?" "Because he's 112 pounds and runs the 40 in 8 seconds and he has acute asthma." "Well they're just playing their favorites."
  • Like 2

My mom makes every home game. Asks me at least three times each game "Who is # so-n-so?" I reply "That's Billy JoeBob Jones." Then she asks "Who are his parents?" "I don't know." "Well are they new here?" "I don't know." "Well why isn't so-n-so's grandson playing?" "Because he's 112 pounds and runs the 40 in 8 seconds and he has acute asthma." "Well they're just playing their favorites."

Know some like that, lol, I must look stupid, gulping air, cause I got no decent answer to give em, or chewing my Lips off tryna stop somthin coming out my mouth.. Hahahaha

I got Dr. Pepper up my nose on that one. Lol