SFA Facilities

Coach0001

The vote tomorrow and Tuesday is HUGE. I cannot stress how big this could be for the university.

We are falling behind Sam and Lamar across the board and this vote would give the much needed funds to help our facilities. Many are in dire need of a facelift.

• 2 weeks later...

Did that include any basketball related facilities since SFA has become a basketball school?? They gave up on football after getting beat by Sam Houston for 6 years in a row. When they hired a new football coach they hired one from another school in the same conference, a lateral move. When they hired a basketball coach they got one that had been an SEC assistant. So where are their priorities???

I believe Basketball, Football, Baseball, and Soccer were all on the immediate docket to receive upgrades.

I don't believe SFA has given up on football, but in the grand scheme of things, SFA can benefit financially more from a successful basketball program than a football program at the FCS level.

As for the basketball hire, it is easier to get a P5 assistant to come to a mid-major than a P5 (SEC-level at that), come to a FCS. Conque has a very strong history at the FCS level and was thought to be a big hire at the time. While I was stumping for his dismissal after the embarrassment at NRG, I am willing to give another year after seeing the number of freshman getting starts and significant playing time right now.

I think the vote proved their priorities are to help the entire athletic program. Now that it failed, I think they will focus on basketball first as the financial gains are bigger there. Personally, I feel it should go...

1. Baseball/Softball - Until they move away from the city park they will never be seen as real DI programs

2. Soccer - Hands down the most successful athletic program and doesn't even have bleachers at their field, not to mention an on side dressing room.

3. Volleyball - Shelton is a special place, but it is dated, and our program is really good. They need upgrades to keep pace.

4. Football - Dated and needs love

5. Basketball - They have done a lot of upgrades that have turned it into a very nice facility. I think the offices need love and they need a practice facility, but it isn't a make or break for the program.

2. Soccer - Hands down the most successful athletic program and doesn't even have bleachers at their field, not to mention an on side dressing room.

I'd have to say Women's Bowling is infinitely more successful than soccer......NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!! :p

For those that believe "ten dollars per credit hour up to 15 hours isn't too much to ask," I'm sure the university will gladly accept your additional $150 donation without everyone else that doesn't agree having to involuntarily contribute to the athletic program.

It was voted down. Nobody is having to involuntarily give up anything.

Now the AD for Marketing will have to step up and finally be held accountable for his job I hope. This proposition has been voted down twice, and the fundraising for Bo Pilgrim Park was a disaster, but for some reason he continues to hold his job...