Paul Pewitt vs harmony

BoyzNdaHood

Paul pewitt vs harmony  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Paul pewitt
    • Harmony

This is why coaching is not for everyone. Lots of teams are setting home and have questions about their coaching staff. What defense they run don't suit the kids, wrong players playing, players not playing in right position, ect,,,,. Here is a team that averages over 50 pts a game and that's not enough. If this other one was playing it could be 53. I have no dog in this fight but I will go by the men that see all the players in the athletic period and at practice everyday and let them decide who should be out there especially if they averages 50 pts a game.

I'm with you OPC, they do bicker amongst themselves a lot. You'd think they went 0-10 and had a total of 50 points instead of averaging 50 points. Don't get me wrong I'm going with my bulls but I'm impressed what Harmony has done. As for as who plays and who doesn't, that's why you have coaches who see the kids day in and day out. Let's face it, coaching is a stressful job and your only as good as your last win. So I'm sure who's playing and who's not is Harmonys best chance of winning a ballgame in the mind of the HC. His job is literally on the line. Kids read this stuff. Easy to get into a kids head and real easy to pit teammates against each other. Dropping numbers is the same as dropping names so unless it's positive just don't do it. Just my opinion. Hope we see a good game Friday at pine tree fellas. Go brahmas and hey good luck to the eagles. Hope it's an injury free game.

Bowguy hes only put it on the ground one more time and that was questionable right at the goal line against alba. He looked like he was over the goal and down and recoverd his own fumble if it was one. So this notion he has a fumbling problem more so than anyone else on this team is total garbage. Yes they are averaging 50 points a game but dont you think thats a little inflated because of some of the teams we have played? Quitman, AG, CP, and Scurry have two wins between them i think. Winona and Lone Oak had some talent but both totally imploded in the second qtr and second half against us. The only two quality teams we played we lost to. Im not saying he should start but when you have the kind of speed he does, which Harmony rarely has, you need to find a place for him to play.

The teams "implode" because we play how we are capable of playing, against winona and lone oak we came into the first waiter flat. You know as well as everyone else does that we should've beat Edgewood by at least 3 scores.

Harmony runs out of the wing 99.9% of the time. We have gone spread but not as much as was originally thought with the season the 7 on 7 had.

QB- #6 is a junior who started last year as a sophomore. Kid can throw which he mainly does on bootlegs. Kid can scramble a little bit but usually goal line, not designed plays for him.

WB- #11 runs a lot of jet sweeps from that position. He can catch but he's not the main target.

WR- #1, #3, #10 and #7 can make plays if/when the Eagles decide to pass.

OL- These guys do a great job making the offense go. Big and nasty.

Now for the most debated position on the team: RB.-

#7 is the senior captain and starter. His running style is more east-west, slash and dash. Can take it to the house on any play. Counters, sweeps....get this kid to the edge.

#5 is our fullback. Has had his moments in the passing attack, especially against Waskom. Hard nose runner.

#9 is a sophomore. Has played a major role in the second half of games for the Eagles. Best comparison to the situation would be one most Cowboys fans remember. Julius Jones and Marion Barber. Jones was the starter, Barber the closer.Kid runs more north-south.

Smash mouth football. Nothing fancy. Has been very effective to the tune of 55.7 points a game.

I like that, Stoney. On point !

Its also not that intelligent to not find a place for your fastest player whether that be on offense or defense. Thats my personal opinion and im sorry if i have offended you

It's not all about being "the fastest kid on the team" he May have he fastest 40 time but the kid can't cut, they're too slow. If that's the case then he should only run track.

A poster brought up our 2 losses. Just my take on the WO and Edgewood games.

White Oak was the game that exposed our defensive flaw. White Oak's QB and his wideouts threw and ran out of that spread all night. 21-16 at halftime WO's advantage. The second half was when #5 took over for WO. 55-34. The loss was a better team using their offensive scheme to its full potential.

Harmony had a bye week and a game week to prepare for Edgewood. I'm trying my best to not disparage Edgewood. A win is a win. This game showed a Harmony team we hadn't seen before or after. Emotions were on the sleeves that night. Was it the effects of the White Oak still lingering? Was it frustration that the well oiled offensive machine wasn't clicking like it had been? Maybe both. Edgewood capitalized on our turnovers. Edgewood could make the plays out of the spread like WO could. Edgewood's defense could make the stops on Harmony 3rd downs. As much as it wasn't our night, it was just as much Edgewood's. 44-34 Edgewood

There's no eagle bashing or brahma bashing going on except for eagles hating on other eagles. What's going on over there fellas. Y'all had a tremendous season. 500 plus points. That's incredible. Just never seen a set of fans argue like this except when things are in the toilet. Y'all are certainly not in the toilet. Whoever is playing is who your HC thinks will give the team the best chance to win.

I have zero complaints about the offense. My single complaint the entire year has been why can't we find a place for a very talented and arguably the fastest kid on the team to get on the field.

Don't want to mess with the offense that has put up huge numbers...that's fine.

The defense could use some help, I said earlier let him rush the passer on 3rd downs.

Let him return kicks on KO.

I have zero complaints about the offense. My single complaint the entire year has been why can't we find a place for a very talented and arguably the fastest kid on the team to get on the field.

Don't want to mess with the offense that has put up huge numbers...that's fine.

The defense could use some help, I said earlier let him rush the passer on 3rd downs.

Let him return kicks on KO.

Not sure if you are from Harmony or have been around Harmony. We are having one of our better years and you and a couple of others keep singling out 1 player. Not sure if it's your son or not. If so, take it up with Coach Russell in private . Coach has turned this program around and him and the team deserve the full support of the entire fan base. We scored 82 and 75 points the last 2 weeks. Another RB isn't going to change anything. Congratulations on being Co-District Champs for the first time in 5 years!! Harmony has a good opportunity to have a successful playoff run. LET'S GO EAGLES!

Is this not a forum where we can discuss the teams we watch?

I think this team has the athletes to win state. I think they are going to have to play better on defense to do that. I see a fast athletic kid standing on the sidelines and I ask why he doesn't do more to help the team. I'm not the only one who has asked this question on here or at the games on Fridays.

Some of us see an opportunity that might improve the team. Why is expressing that opinion on a sports forum a problem?

Also no, 9 is not my son, I don't have kids in high school.

• Like 1

Not sure if you are from Harmony or have been around Harmony. We are having one of our better years and you and a couple of others keep singling out 1 player. Not sure if it's your son or not. If so, take it up with Coach Russell in private . Coach has turned this program around and him and the team deserve the full support of the entire fan base. We scored 82 and 75 points the last 2 weeks. Another RB isn't going to change anything. Congratulations on being Co-District Champs for the first time in 5 years!! Harmony has a good opportunity to have a successful playoff run. LET'S GO EAGLES!