***2 time defending state champs Waskom vs #1 Newton***

GATA1

why you assume folks don't know anything about Newton. I've spoke with coaches who scouted them and have seen the Hudl of them vs CC. they are not the juggernaut you and a few say they are. Good yes..better than Arp or EF no. As good as yes. They are like us and EF in many ways. They have 3-4 very special kids they are ballers.

From someone whom has played all three, and lost to all three, I think we should know who of the three is better. That's Newton, hands down. EF will provide the most concern compared to Arp, but will still succumb to that "PURPLE PRIDE".

Are you comparing your '16 Waskom team to EF's and think we will get the same kinda off *** whooping y'all got?

I have gave Waskom every props when deserved and I have no shame it, it's credit well deserved but to see where EF had fallen and came from the last couple of yrs deserves a lil respect don't ya think? But maybe not from most Waskom fans lol....

From someone whom has played all three, and lost to all three, I think we should know who of the three is better. That's Newton, hands down. EF will provide the most concern compared to Arp, but will still succumb to that "PURPLE PRIDE".

that's funny....Arp never even opened the play book against you guys and damn sure didn't throw Medlock at you. You guys looked awful against Newton. Yall Looked like a team that hadn't practiced all week. Y'all came on here conceded to Newton a week before y'all played. Arp and EF both could have trashed y'all but kept it respectable. Y'all as we have said for 3 years now are the worst fans in Texas High school football. Y'all don't deserve any credibility due to y'all have no respect for folks around you. I think it's alot to do with you know Waskom will be 20+ more years before they get another playoff win. Let's face it the attitude that kept y'all from winning came back as soon a the last of 4 good athletes graduated or moved

not teams......just Waskom

lol jj, call waskom losers all you want. Doesnt change the fact they have 2 more state championships than arp ever will. Arp will lose out to crockett, ef, or newton and fall short yet again despite the loads of "d1 talent" that you claim they have every year.
  • Like 2

Not understanding why the hate on "just Waskom." Looks like they've taken care of business winning those back-to-back championships. I sat on their side at the first one and thought their fans were pretty classy. The only time I remember them getting a bit full of themselves was the year just prior to that, their last year in 2A, when they had a lot of smack talk just prior to getting the beat down of all beat downs at NRG by a south Texas team. That game against Refugio looked like a Pop Warner team showed up to play the Texans. Wouldn't have seemed half as bad if they hadn't hyped themselves so much leading up to that one. I remember looking forward to one heck of a matchup, but left feeling like Waskom should refund half my ticket price.

Is the pot stirring fueled by Waskom's multiple championships and Arp's inability to get there? It's a hard thing to make a championship game, most will never get there. Sometimes it seems it's like unlocking a mindset and once a team/town can do that, they start believing they belong there and they show up in a championship occasionally even when everything and everybody doesn't think they had what it takes to be there... i.e. Yoe, Bremond, Lake Travis, etc.

Is the pot stirring fueled by Waskom's multiple championships and Arp's inability to get there? It's a hard thing to make a championship game, most will never get there. Sometimes it seems it's like unlocking a mindset and once a team/town can do that, they start believing they belong there and they show up in a championship occasionally even when everything and everybody doesn't think they had what it takes to be there... i.e. Yoe, Bremond, Lake Travis, etc.

20 posts and this dude already has JJ figured out. LOL. I like it