***2 time defending state champs Waskom vs #1 Newton***

GATA1

Actually he's from Arp via VA. If that doesn't make sense, well, that's JJ for you.As ususl once his Tigers go down, he will disappear until next year, only to resurface to remind ud just how great (in his mind) those Tigers are gonna be. Arp, where every other kid runs a 4.5 and a D1 prospect.

• Like 1

lol jj, call waskom losers all you want. Doesnt change the fact they have 2 more state championships than arp ever will. Arp will lose out to crockett, ef, or newton and fall short yet again despite the loads of "d1 talent" that you claim they have every year.

Drop the mic

Alright, I've seen that type (JJ or Tiger1995) before. Thanks for the confirmation on where he's was coming from. Always hard for me to figure why some people have such disdain or bad wishes for their rivals. I've always been of the mind to pull for my rivals to do good so my team has accomplished more when we can beat them. Blind loyalty can be a killer, or it could just be severe lack of football insight/knowledge.

Alright, I've seen that type (JJ or Tiger1995) before. Thanks for the confirmation on where he's was coming from. Always hard for me to figure why some people have such disdain or bad wishes for their rivals. I've always been of the mind to pull for my rivals to do good so my team has accomplished more when we can beat them. Blind loyalty can be a killer, or it could just be severe lack of football insight/knowledge.

your terribly wrong. Sorry if you may have a bad first impression. it's only the Waskom boys running folks down and dont like it when it's flipped. I pull for those earn that respect. Waskoms lack of respect for Arp/EF and weeks of them making posts about those two teams not being good or what ever have gone to far. They have two good guys on here I respect but even sometimes speak before they know. This thread is irrelevant, Waskom is in round ball they are only trying to keep it alive by stirring the pot bashing their district winning teams which dominated them.

your terribly wrong. Sorry if you may have a bad first impression. it's only the Waskom boys running folks down and dont like it when it's flipped. I pull for those earn that respect. Waskoms lack of respect for Arp/EF and weeks of them making posts about those two teams not being good or what ever have gone to far. They have two good guys on here I respect but even sometimes speak before they know. This thread is irrelevant, Waskom is in round ball they are only trying to keep it alive by stirring the pot bashing their district winning teams which dominated them.

So if newton does win convincingly were the waskom folks showing lack of respect or just speaking their honest opinion! Why does an opinion mean lack of respect! Just bc you say arp or Ef is going to beat us ain't necessarily showing disrespect your just stating your opinion that does not seem like a very smart opinion

So if newton does win convincingly were the waskom folks showing lack of respect or just speaking their honest opinion! Why does an opinion mean lack of respect! Just bc you say arp or Ef is going to beat us ain't necessarily showing disrespect your just stating your opinion that does not seem like a very smart opinion

my comments come from my knowledge of knowing the things they don't. Newton has an outstanding team. Good enough to win state. Waskom was the worst playoff team in 3A. Newton did a great job of working on what they needed to get going by round 3 then capitalize on Waskoms demise in order not to show to much. Arp and EF are doing the same. Nobody knows how good these 4 teams really are because there is a lot of smoke and mirrors games being played. Waskom guys on here don't seem to comprehend that there's a big difference between having a special group hit and building a special team. Newton, EF and folks do and it shows by their consistent playoff wins and presences. I understand that if your building a team to make a run and doing it on overall team skill not just 3-4 guys if you don't start from day one your not gonna see your full potential. If that means playing some closer score games and giving the ones that need overall experience then so be it. If that means having to commit to this win or lose a game then so be it. In the end it's where you finish....not where you start. Now here's what matters. The region 3 teams still alive. There's 4 very very good teams left and only a fool would say they absolutely know who is the best when you have no clue what coaches are doing through out the season. I expect all four have something they have yet to show. I kinda feel like the winner of Region 3 will be one everyone least expects

JJ, if "it's where you finish, not where you start," the natural question I have is, which teams have a ring(s)?

Arp? Waskom? EF?

If my team had a ring, I'd be good with that regardless what anyone else thinks. There will always be someone to poo, poo how another team got theirs', often times those who haven't done so.

JJ, if "it's where you finish, not where you start," the natural question I have is, which teams have a ring(s)?

Arp? Waskom? EF?

If my team had a ring, I'd be good with that regardless what anyone else thinks. There will always be someone to poo, poo how another team got theirs', often times those who haven't done so.

that's difference in opinion. Winning it all is always the goal but producing a winning team year in and teaching our kids to compete and over come is the bigger goal and id rather see generations of winners than just a couple years of great and years and years of not. But that's just opinions.

that's difference in opinion. Winning it all is always the goal but producing a winning team year in and teaching our kids to compete and over come is the bigger goal and id rather see generations of winners than just a couple years of great and years and years of not. But that's just opinions.

I completely agree that it is a greater accomplishment for a coach to teach the kids dignity and to build character over winning all their games. The goal should be to do both.

. Just Two? Now Waskom has had several posters these last few years. You know I do sit by Wild 74 At all the away games. I hope that counts for something!

. Just Two? Now Waskom has had several posters these last few years. You know I do sit by Wild 74 At all the away games. I hope that counts for something!

you and 74 have always been aight. Cotton can be but he's got family at qb so gets sidetracked time to time from reality