John Tyler (9-1) vs Lufkin (7-3)

cujoforlife

LP vs JT. WOW! Playoffs, nothing like it. Heart beating fast, can't be still until after that first score.lol

My concern would be JT defense front versus LP offense line. JMO, when we play LP last year I don't think Mr. Kordel was 100%. That been said I'm looking for him to try to lite our secondary up. Last year we blitzed a lot with our linebackers with Dade and company. Not sure how fast the LB are this year. But then again they may try to attack quick with slants, quick slants, screenplays, bubble screens, wheel routes, etc.

Wont

Say, Man. Y'all got to quit that right there. It ain't going to get us (Lobo Fans & Alumni) nowhere. You and some other fans and alumni HAVE to show some sort of Humbleness especially towards teams that have donkey stomped the life out of us. I've learned to keep my mouth shut in regards to talking smack.

It ain't nothing wrong with taking pride in your program but, THIS type of rhetoric and attitude is the reason why God won't bless our program. Yes, I do believe this and you better believe I did bring God into it. That of course, is just my opinion. You give credit where credit is due and learn to move on from it. If we do what we're supposed to do, we'll have another shot at them, PROBABLY.

• Like 2

Waiting for Daceo to come in and pick the Cujo to win in a blowout. You usually pick them to win 42-21 or something like that against us right ?? Lol. I'm also looking forward to what 32 and 99 have to say about this one, I think 32 was right last season about the game at Abe. I'm still thinking this will be a close game. I have faith in our offense to score a lot of points, just hoping the defense comes to play this week. Special teams too. That blocked punt early on in the game gave the momentum to JT last season.

Say, Man. Y'all got to quit that right there. It ain't going to get us (Lobo Fans & Alumni) nowhere. You and some other fans and alumni HAVE to show some sort of Humbleness especially towards teams that have donkey stomped the life out of us. I've learned to keep my mouth shut in regards to talking smack.

It ain't nothing wrong with taking pride in your program but, THIS type of rhetoric and attitude is the reason why God won't bless our program. Yes, I do believe this and you better believe I did bring God into it. That of course, is just my opinion. You give credit where credit is due and learn to move on from it. If we do what we're supposed to do, we'll have another shot at them, PROBABLY.

finally a lobo that has sense for a change, thank you and good luck to y'all in the playoffs.

Waiting for Daceo to come in and pick the Cujo to win in a blowout. You usually pick them to win 42-21 or something like that against us right ?? Lol. I'm also looking forward to what 32 and 99 have to say about this one, I think 32 was right last season about the game at Abe. I'm still thinking this will be a close game. I have faith in our offense to score a lot of points, just hoping the defense comes to play this week. Special teams too. That blocked punt early on in the game gave the momentum to JT last season.

I gave my opinion on post#14 of this topic. I think LV can win the game. JT should be favored because they are at home, but I think both offenses are pretty equal. JT with an edge on Def, but Rockwall beat JT, and I think LP is better than Rockwall. Both beat the Lobos by similar score, so I know Luf is probably a little better than LV. Which means its going to be a toss up to me.

Its Luf/JT. Throw records, stats, etc...out the window. It can go either way.

To be honest, I think a Lobo fan should give an opinion on this game since they have played both teams.

I gave my opinion on post#14 of this topic. I think LV can win the game. JT should be favored because they are at home, but I think both offenses are pretty equal. JT with an edge on Def, but Rockwall beat JT, and I think LP is better than Rockwall. Both beat the Lobos by similar score, so I know Luf is probably a little better than LV. Which means its going to be a toss up to me.

Its Luf/JT. Throw records, stats, etc...out the window. It can go either way.

To be honest, I think a Lobo fan should give an opinion on this game since they have played both teams.

I gotcha and definitely agree you can throw out stats and etc. This game can go either way. As for the lobos, they played us earlier in the season. I think the offense has improved since then, well until of course the injuries. So, not sure you can compare both teams. We played in week 1 and y'all played in a district game in week 9 or 10 I think.

I gotcha and definitely agree you can throw out stats and etc. This game can go either way. As for the lobos, they played us earlier in the season. I think the offense has improved since then, well until of course the injuries. So, not sure you can compare both teams. We played in week 1 and y'all played in a district game in week 9 or 10 I think.

true, but I know LV fans will say their team is better because that was week 1...but couldn't the same be applied to Luf too. Week 1 is week 1 for everyone. Im sure most teams improve since week 1. I have seen LP twice this yr, and the offense is scary good. I even saw another Garcia kid....(those garcia boys in the 90s were unbelievable). Yes JT has won 2 straight against LP, but the games could have easily been won by LP (give or take a few plays). Its should be a very good game. I would be very shocked if someone wins by more than 10 points.

• Like 1

What JT had a problem with in this last game with Lee was their huge o-line. They ran behind big #78 all night. That man child would hard for anyone to block. The other bad thing that I saw against Lee that they can't do against Lufkin. They weren't following to the ball like they been for the last month. I don't know how big the Lufkin Offensive line is, but they can't let what happened to them against Lee, continue with Lufkin.

Well, from a Lobo Alumn that has seen both teams, this game is going to come down to containment, containment, containment of the mobile Quarterbacks. To me it would be a toss up IF the emergence of Cameron Grant hadn't arrived at John Tyler. Grant, is the 'X' factor if he performs like he did against Longview.

If, Lufkin had Savon it would definitely be a toss up, in my opinion. Both defenses can bend a little bit but won't just totally break on either end. I give the edge to John Tyler to advance with Bryson Smith making multiple 3rd down and long conversions and just maybe some critical 4th down conversions with his feet.

Lufkin: 24

John Tyler: 37

What JT had a problem with in this last game with Lee was their huge o-line. They ran behind big #78 all night. That man child would hard for anyone to block. The other bad thing that I saw against Lee that they can't do against Lufkin. They weren't following to the ball like they been for the last month. I don't know how big the Lufkin Offensive line is, but they can't let what happened to them against Lee, continue with Lufkin.

Probably not as big as the Lee Oline. Definitely not as big as Lv. This is the size of our oline though, 6'0 300, 6'0 280, 5'10 240, 6'3 295, 6'2 265

Well, from a Lobo Alumn that has seen both teams, this game is going to come down to containment, containment, containment of the mobile Quarterbacks. To me it would be a toss up IF the emergence of Cameron Grant hadn't arrived at John Tyler. Grant, is the 'X' factor if he performs like he did against Longview.

If, Lufkin had Savon it would definitely be a toss up, in my opinion. Both defenses can bend a little bit but won't just totally break on either end. I give the edge to John Tyler to advance with Bryson Smith making multiple 3rd down and long conversions and just maybe some critical 4th down conversions with his feet.

Lufkin: 24

John Tyler: 37

I would be shocked if that was the score. Don't think they will hold us to 24. I'm not sure if we can hold them to 37 either...

A lot of talent on both these teams. LP and JT can close the deal if you give them a chance.

JT at home and Bryson on his A gave give them a slight advantage. JT can score in a hurry

Once the playoffs start you can't turn the ball over and have stupid penalties. Which ever one can limit those two things will win this one. Good luck to both schools

the reason why they weren't following the ball cause it looked like they dropping in a cover 3 for dang near the whole night.. The linebackers kept sitting there instead of attacking.. I noticed when they blitzed which was very seldom the got to the RB and QB when they didn't we would get killed with sweeps. It was so dumb sitting in a cover 3 when they only passed the ball six or seven times the whole freaking night..

I'm expecting a 45-38 or 42-45 type of score, if not much more. Two very good Qbs playing in this one. Kordell is already over 30 passing tds I think (and several of those games were without our best receivers). The receivers and rbs for both teams are very good too. The defensive coordinators may not get much sleep this week lol

the reason why they weren't following the ball cause it looked like they dropping in a cover 3 for dang near the whole night.. The linebackers kept sitting there instead of attacking.. I noticed when they blitzed which was very seldom the got to the RB and QB when they didn't we would get killed with sweeps. It was so dumb sitting in a cover 3 when they only passed the ball six or seven times the whole freaking night..

I was surprised Lee had that many yards on the ground. I didn't expect that after the Lv and Heath games.

true, but I know LV fans will say their team is better because that was week 1...but couldn't the same be applied to Luf too. Week 1 is week 1 for everyone. Im sure most teams improve since week 1. I have seen LP twice this yr, and the offense is scary good. I even saw another Garcia kid....(those garcia boys in the 90s were unbelievable). Yes JT has won 2 straight against LP, but the games could have easily been won by LP (give or take a few plays). Its should be a very good game. I would be very shocked if someone wins by more than 10 points.

Yeah it's a legacy Garcia. Just a sophmore WR 6'4 225. He is going to be really good one day. I would had like to seen him feature as a TE his run block and frame could provide serious match-up problems.