John Tyler (9-1) vs Lufkin (7-3)

cujoforlife

Last year we expected a track meet and it was a defensive slugfest. 26-24 John Tyler was the final. A lot of the same faces and new faces. Everything on paper makes you think it will be close with slight edge to John Tyler. As it gets closer I'm thinking more 50/50 toss up.

Last year we expected a track meet and it was a defensive slugfest. 26-24 John Tyler was the final. A lot of the same faces and new faces. Everything on paper makes you think it will be close with slight edge to John Tyler. As it gets closer I'm thinking more 50/50 toss up.

You're thinking about the first district game from 2014 in Tyler, when Geo and Cumbie were the Qbs for both teams. We were up 17-6 I think before the Cujo made their run and won with a field goal late in that one if I remember correctly. When Smith and Kordell were the Quarterbacks last season though, it was 41-38 in Lufkin. We helped them a lot last season with that win. Just had too many mistakes. JT had a defensive score later on in the game when Kordell fumbled after being sacked at the JT 5 or 6 I think and of course the blocked punt that gave them another easy score to start the game. I think Kordell had several interceptions when we were moving the ball inside the red zone too. That fumble for a score in the red zone and two ints, took at least 3 field goals off the scoreboard for us imo. I don't think this Lufkin team will make those same mistakes, because of the experience. I also think the running game is better this season too. However, JT has improved from a year ago too. I'm expecting a good game, but we definitely can't have the same mistakes as last season. It may get ugly if we do

You're thinking about the first district game from 2014 in Tyler, when Geo and Cumbie were the Qbs for both teams. We were up 17-6 I think before the Cujo made their run and won with a field goal late in that one if I remember correctly. When Smith and Kordell were the Quarterbacks last season though, it was 41-38 in Lufkin. We helped them a lot last season with that win. Just had too many mistakes. JT had a defensive score later on in the game when Kordell fumbled after being sacked at the JT 5 or 6 I think and of course the blocked punt that gave them another easy score to start the game. I think Kordell had several interceptions when we were moving the ball inside the red zone too. That fumble for a score in the red zone and two ints, took at least 3 field goals off the scoreboard for us imo. I don't think this Lufkin team will make those same mistakes, because of the experience. I also think the running game is better this season too. However, JT has improved from a year ago too. I'm expecting a good game, but we definitely can't have the same mistakes as last season. It may get ugly if we do

yep, JT kicked a 39 yd field goal with 7 sec. left in the game in 2014 to win 26-24. Last yr was 41-38, (Lufkin scored a touchdown with 30 sec. left to make it 41-38)...but again, either game could have easily went for Lufkin.

I believe Smith was saying that they are familiar with Luf, so they know what to expect. I don't think he meant any disrespect to Lufkin... but If Im Lufkin, I put the quote on the board and use it for additional motivation. I think its going to be a good game. Its a tossup in my opinion, but I guess JT should have a slight edge because its a home game. IMO, thats the only advantage I see.

I know this is alittle early but if JT wins where would you play Jesuit who I think will beat forest. Me personally I would play them in Waco at Baylor or Waco isd, take them out the metroplex. It would have to be a Saturday though if you play at Baylor because Baylor is playing that Friday.

I'm all over the place these days 007 lol.

• Like 1

huh lol

how do you know that he wasn't? Lol trick question. I'm bored

I don't. Regardless, I don't think you can compare us to Horn. But I guess we'll see Friday. I'm confident that the Pack offense will score more than 22, it's just about what our defense does. I don't think they are as bad as Horn though.

I don't. Regardless, I don't think you can compare us to Horn. But I guess we'll see Friday. I'm confident that the Pack offense will score more than 22, it's just about what our defense does. I don't think they are as bad as Horn though.

you have seen Lufkin more than so idk if there defense got better since I saw them which was at the parkway game, if they play that bad against JT like they did against parkway expect Damion to have field day. Cause #26 I think that's his number, was getting killed, felt bad for him, never understood why they didn't help him! Especially against a receiver of that caliber. They did the same fade route atleast 4 or 5 times and I think they scored on every single one.

Horn should be much better than they are. I still can't get over the size of their defense....