6A D2 R2 Bi-District: Longview at Beaumont West Brook

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-2) vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins (9-1)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

I think you're looking at it wrong TBH. It was JT that was inconsistent going into the Mesquite game. They were inconsistent heading into the Rockwall game too and it cost em. They used the bye week to refocus and they've been the team ETSN has been foaming at the mouth about ever since.

We're an extremely young team. Just look at the stats Hayden posted. Over 70% of our production is by underclassmen. Over 70% of our tackles on defense has been by underclassmen. We've had some up and downs in games, there's no doubt. That North game was the most frustrating thing I've ever watched despite us winning. The first quarter against Heath was as bad as I've ever seen a King coached team.

Last week was the first time all season our boys put together a full game. Hopefully it's the start of something. We'll see. But I think we'll get the best our boys have to offer tomorrow. We have some solid leaders on this squad which is something we haven't had in the past couple of years.

Only thing I'm worried about is the turnover battle.

Yeah, I can see your point regarding the youth and inexperience. But, I've seen them totally sell themselves out on plays and then I don't see it again for a while.

Also, I have to disagree with you regarding John King's worst called game. That unprestigious award goes to him during the 2010 Denton Guyer Semi-Final game. I may not know what would have happened with Cibolo Steele and Malcolm Brown that following week but, I am confident that we would've have won state that year.

• Like 1

Oh I wasn't referring to how he coached the Heath first quarter. It was bad as I've seen one of his teams play.

The Guyer game will always be the biggest what if screw up of the King era. Especially if we don't win state under him.

I agree that was the year we would've won it all. But, yay time management.

Then again, like I've said before, Wb haven't seen a team like Lv before this season. If they can't slow Lv running game down, that score could definitely happen.

Watching them play Lufkin and the Woodlands, I don't know if WB can slow down Longview offense consistently, without help from the Lobos. I think the key to the game is Longview's defense. WB is not complicated on the offense side of the ball. If Longview stay discipline they should make more than enough stops to win the game.

Watching them play Lufkin and the Woodlands, I don't know if WB can slow down Longview offense consistently, without help from the Lobos. I think the key to the game is Longview's defense. WB is not complicated on the offense side of the ball. If Longview stay discipline they should make more than enough stops to win the game.

Agree

You don't go to Twin Peaks for the food...

lol

The same sentiment can be expressed for this Lobo squad this year. With the way we played against John Tyler, I just don't know. Then we totally obliterate a Mesquite Skeeters squad 62-7 two weeks later. It's the same team that John Tyler barely beat a few weeks prior. But, this seems to be a recurrence every year with this new generation of Lobos though.

It seems as though they get up and play when their backs are against the wall, there's something on the line or if you come out and do some pre-game taunting of some sort (which I hope Westbrook does) because we MIGHT see some fire in their eyes. Then again, this is a new era of wolves that we are talking about. Too inconsistent for me to tell what type of pedigree this group is much less capable of.

take in consideration you guys played Mesquite the last game of the season when they basically had nothing to play for. JT played them second game of district, so they probably got a better fight from Mesquite at the time. But Lobo was right, JT was a little inconsistent at the time. Also take in consideration that styles make matchups. LV power run game is a nightmare for alot of teams, thats why yall stay relevant even in rebuilding yrs. You guys can be physical on offense and that takes the fight out of many teams.

I think you guys will be ok, Remember how much yall lost last yr. Its amazing you guys have done this well.

I think you're looking at it wrong TBH. It was JT that was inconsistent going into the Mesquite game. They were inconsistent heading into the Rockwall game too and it cost em. They used the bye week to refocus and they've been the team ETSN has been foaming at the mouth about ever since.

whats your beef with ETSN? LOL

The fact that they thought we would finish 4th, and had Lee ranked above us to start the year says everything about their bias really lol.

well they had JT first...and they were right about that...lol

Cut them some slack...They had JT 1st, and Luf 2nd, Marshall 3rd, LV 4th. Very reasonable, JT and Luf beat LV, so they got that right, and Marshall beat you guys last yr and had more returning this yr. So I don't get why you have beef with their rankings.

Also, their 11-6a standings had Rockwall #1, JT #2, NM #3, LV #4

besides that, they ain't the only ones who had preseason rankings wrong...lol.

Meh. The only time they care to come on over Longview to claim us is if we're winning. Just don't really care much for em.

But you're a JT fan so of course ya would lol.

what...lol....

I think they are very reasonable. They cover everyone fair IMO. Last yr, when you guys were clearly the best in East Texas, they got behind you guys.

I know this, the newsjournal in LV without a doubt is the best sports paper in East Texas. They cover the middle schools and LV very well. I wish Tyler paper cover TISD as well as the newsjournal covers LV.

But I think all of those dudes (Tyler paper, ETSN, Newsjournal) are hard working guys. ETSN is out of Tyler, so Im sure they have closer relationships with Tyler coaches...but they put on the APEC recruiting combine every year. That combine helps everyone, and several LV players have participated in the combine in the past. Just for that alone, they get much respect to me. And the team photo shoots they do every year is also a great thing for the players. They don't have the backing like the newspapers have, but yet they do just as much, if not more. Thats why I cut them some slack.