Bi-District: Diboll (2-8) vs. Gilmer (9-1)

blackflag79

in Tatum, 7 PM Thursday  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How does this one go?

• Gilmer wins in a blowout
    • Gilmer wins a close one
    • Diboll wins in a blowout
    • Diboll wins a close one

2-8 makes the playoffs... I know they aren't beating their chest in diboll about it, but I hope they at least play with some heart in this one....

0 - 10 makes the playoffs now in Texas. The old days of having to win district to get into the playoffs kept too many good teams out, but 4 teams from each district is a bit much.

Just hope Gilmer plays good and we don't get anyone hurt.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Diboll is the #4 seed out of their district? I'm guessing Rusk is the #3 seed? Rusk lost to the #3 seed out of District 11AA Division 1. So, can we deduct from this that not only would Rusk, Diboll, or Huntington have not made the playoffs in District 11AA Division 1? Also, is it a stretch to think that Carlisle, Joaquin, or Alto could have made the playoffs out of the Rusk, Diboll, Huntington district? Just food for thought.

0 - 10 makes the playoffs now in Texas. The old days of having to win district to get into the playoffs kept too many good teams out, but 4 teams from each district is a bit much.

Just hope Gilmer plays good and we don't get anyone hurt.

I agree and I have not been a fan of the 4 team format since it started. I wish they would at least adjust it for 5 team districts and just send 3. A team that wins 1 district game should never make the playoffs. Diboll being in this game is purely a product of the UIL and is a bit ridiculous to me.

Anyways..Diboll will get off the bus with the intentions of making it a game, but I think they will need something big to happen early to give them the motivation to compete in this one.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Diboll is the #4 seed out of their district? I'm guessing Rusk is the #3 seed? Rusk lost to the #3 seed out of District 11AA Division 1. So, can we deduct from this that not only would Rusk, Diboll, or Huntington have not made the playoffs in District 11AA Division 1? Also, is it a stretch to think that Carlisle, Joaquin, or Alto could have made the playoffs out of the Rusk, Diboll, Huntington district? Just food for thought.

OMG.. Oh no he didn't.. Hahahaha