Bi-District: Diboll (2-8) vs. Gilmer (9-1)

blackflag79

in Tatum, 7 PM Thursday  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How does this one go?

• Gilmer wins in a blowout
    • Gilmer wins a close one
    • Diboll wins in a blowout
    • Diboll wins a close one

This has been Gilmer's M.O. All year. 2 times in the red zone with no points. Turnovers. Penalties. Mental lapses on offense and defense.

By this time of the year, this is who they are. No sense in thinking things will change. I remember the 2013 team. Incredibly talented but never fully gelled. Kind of feels like the same thing over again. At some point it's going to catch up with them.

This has been Gilmer's M.O. All year. 2 times in the red zone with no points. Turnovers. Penalties. Mental lapses on offense and defense.

By this time of the year, this is who they are. No sense in thinking things will change. I remember the 2013 team. Incredibly talented but never fully gelled. Kind of feels like the same thing over again. At some point it's going to catch up with them.

I don't like to question the coaches but man just run the ball in the red zone I don't know how many times we have throw a int in the redone they have some beefy boys in that backfield but will not use them

I don't like to question the coaches but man just run the ball in the red zone I don't know how many times we have throw a int in the redone they have some beefy boys in that backfield but will not use them

Not sure if Gilmer can run it down a teams throat when the field shrinks in the red zone. Don't have that hammer this year. QB just needs to be a little more careful with the jump ball throws into the end zone. Definitely a sloppy game for the bucs. They will get it straightened out and get on a roll.

Gilmer played like this all year, no dicipline, you never know what you gonna get,,ya'll need Traylor back bad, buckeyes slippin!

Gilmer played like this all year, no dicipline, you never know what you gonna get,,ya'll need Traylor back bad, buckeyes slippin!

Gilmer has won 92.3 percent of its games (24-2) since Jeff Traylor went to Austin. Believe it or not, this is somewhat higher than his winning percentage here was. No one wanted to see him leave, but I believe he said goodbye to the high school coaching ranks forever. Went out on top.

Diboll came to play and had intensity and desire. By the end of the game, I was feeling like Diboll was the better team, just by appearances and determination. Gilmer will have to drastically step it up to get much farther into the playoffs this year. Just too many mistakes and lack of "IT". Not a knock on the kids, they are giving everything they got, but some years your team just never seems to sync and perform up to their perceived potential. The Buckeyes could still get on a roll and that's what makes the playoffs special, since you just never know when or if the magic might happen.

• Like 2

GreezyChef, I was there, dibol had a good size kid who ran with power and was very fast out in the open. Dibol line was large and pass blocked pretty decent allowing the recievers to drag secondary down field and opening run game up somewhat. Weren't too bad. Js

2-8 don't lie chain. Gilmer made em look like contenders for a half. Sister was there sending me texts. She was miffed, but we love Kelton and he went off!

Gilmer wins 10 games again. Another successful season. And people still complaining. Same as Carthage this season. It's hard living with the expectation these 2 programs have built over the last 10-12 years. Gilmer continues to win. Should be a heavy favorite against Melissa to make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs next week. Just keep winning.

• Like 1

Gilmer wins 10 games again. Another successful season. And people still complaining. Same as Carthage this season. It's hard living with the expectation these 2 programs have built over the last 10-12 years. Gilmer continues to win. Should be a heavy favorite against Melissa to make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs next week. Just keep winning.

I don't see anyone complaining about winning.. a win is a win.. I see some who are concerned about execution and rightly so from an X's and O's stand point. Geez wish I had a horse in the race to be concerned about..JS

Gotta outscore them by 1.....that's all. Then you keep going. Any idea on where we might play Melissa? Sam Parker in Mt. Pleasant would be awesome. Keep everyone out of DFW traffic.

I'm hearing Friday at 7:30 at Hanby Stadium in Mesquite. Gilmer is the home team.

Yes sir