Thank You, Veterans

RETIREDFAN1

May God bless the ones who serve now, those who served before & especially those who never made it back home. May their memory, as well as their Ultimate Sacrifice to This Country, never be forgotten. Amen.

Amen. Thanks to all the veterans on this beautiful day. God bless you all

I had a misguided idea this morning to post a photo of some group of soldiers carrying their wounded in the Waskom Newton thread. As I searched the internet for photos I felt shame for looking to use this in a light-hearted attempt at humor. I truly cannot convey in words what I felt on this day to honor our veterans.

Each photo depicted a real life event that most of us have never had to experience. We should be mindful of the real sacrifices made so that we have the opportunity to pursue happiness in a nation so blessed by the Almighty.

• Like 1

I know there are many veterans on this site, and no one wants to post a reply. You feel Like everyone thinks you're doing it, "so you'll know I'm a veteran". I'm no war hero. I spent all my time in the United States. Other than a fight or two in Colorado Springs, the nearest I come to a Purple Heart was the hangover I had from getting drunk on cheap wine. But I'll step up and say your post do mean a lot. So from me, my son, and all the other Veterans out there, simply thanks for the recognition.

• Like 1

Most of the Marines I served with were all bidness when it jumped off, we did terrible things when it was called for or nessassary, and the only way you can offend my brothers is to disrespect our country or to doubt that we can, could our wouldn't go full heathen when it's called for. Most grunts gotta Hella sense of humor and can always laugh at themselves. Sometimes laughing at yourself is the only way to hold it together at times. I love my brothers and sisters in arms.. Those that came before us and those that came afterwards. The yellow brick road is never gonna be the hardest or the most dangerous, those that have been in the corps will understand this and those that havnt won't and no disrespect is intended for anyone. Semper Fidelis is a lifetime commitment. Chain out

• Like 5

As the Father of two MARINES this is a very special day to me .. I'm extremely proud of both of them . My oldest served in first gulf war , the youngest did three tours in Operation Iraqi Freedom as a member of 1st Light Armored Recon..both lost buddies and both still would gladly go back and do it again.. So to my two MARINES ... SEMPER FI!!!

• Like 1

As the Father of two MARINES this is a very special day to me .. I'm extremely proud of both of them . My oldest served in first gulf war , the youngest did three tours in Operation Iraqi Freedom as a member of 1st Light Armored Recon..both lost buddies and both still would gladly go back and do it again.. So to my two MARINES ... SEMPER FI!!!

My jarhead son was in the first Gulf War also. Mighty proud of him, but it had my wife and I tied in knots. Sure was happy when them boys came home. Yes, Semper Fi to all the Marines.

Went & watched "Hacksaw Ridge" last night ; Heck of a movie... True story about Medal of Honor recipient Desmond Doss,during WWII. He was a Conscientious Objector who refused to touch a gun or kill another Human being. Doss saved the lives of 75 US soldiers during one of the war's bloodiest battles. One of the best war movies I've ever seen. Directed by Mel Gibson.