Woodville (10-1) vs Cameron Yoe (9-2)

Eagleswoodville1

Remember Woodville is running a new offense and Defense under a brand new coaching staff..getting better week to week.. Madisonville was early and they had several turnovers in that game. They beat a Coldspring team that the last several years has been pretty good and dropped down from 4a. Only loss was early to liberty. Will be a good test either way.

I don't know about all the teams they played I heard the best team they played was Madisonville and won 21-14 I wouldn't brag about that, but its anybodys game in the playoffs, we just gotta go play Yoemen style football and make no mistakes or give up big plays.

And that was the first game of the yr and they dominated Madisonville!!! Woodville by 2 Td's

Well, it's only 4 in a row. Five out of the last six if you include 2010. 2011 was promising until Westbrook (current top five in the Heisman) got hurt at the beginning of district. He was unfortunately never really healthy in 2010 or 2011.

Gonna go with the Yoemen by 21 here.

Well, it's only 4 in a row. Five out of the last six if you include 2010. 2011 was promising until Westbrook (current top five in the Heisman) got hurt at the beginning of district. He was unfortunately never really healthy in 2010 or 2011.

Gonna go with the Yoemen by 21 here.

Lol you know what I mean tho....everyone knows yall play ur A game every playoff game

franklin lost to cameron and franklin beat 4 4a schools that all made the playoffs one was the dist champ and is in the 2nd round... just because woodville beat a madisonville team that has been down for some years only by 14 pts dont mean anything at this point. bring your A game or its goin to be a long night for woodville

This is the playoffs anything can happen. Didnt a 1-9 team that barely made it in last week beat a powerhouse. I promise you, you better be ready for not just 1 back but 5 or its gonna be a long night for yoe. We are big and really solid on D!!! All im saying is dont look past us or you could have the round ball on Sat.

If Woodville's running attack is eating up the clock, it'll keep the CY high powered offense off the field. Might account for 20 points being the most scored on them. CY should win, but as said before, they shouldn't overlook Woodville or they may hear, thump, thump, thump in the gym.

Go Eagles!

Not from Woodville so don't know who they've beat. Just saw someone ask what good teams Woodville had beaten, so thought I'd inquire about Yoe's competition. The beat downs by China Spring and Rockdale seem to indicate Yoe isn't a real contender this year.

I'm not sold on Gatesville, they didn't even make the playoffs and would get beat by a lot of decent 3A teams and some of the top 2AD1 teams. Bellville, perhaps a decent win, but not real sure on that one either. Franklin out in the first round of playoffs, but probably Yoe's best win?

Not from Woodville so don't know who they've beat. Just saw someone ask what good teams Woodville had beaten, so thought I'd inquire about Yoe's competition. The beat downs by China Spring and Rockdale seem to indicate Yoe isn't a real contender this year.

I'm not sold on Gatesville, they didn't even make the playoffs and would get beat by a lot of decent 3A teams and some of the top 2AD1 teams. Bellville, perhaps a decent win, but not real sure on that one either. Franklin out in the first round of playoffs, but probably Yoe's best win?

That is a valid point, IMO. Cameron has not played all that well in the big games this year. China Spring and Rockdale were rough. Franklin as next in that line, but as you said they lost in the first round, and it was not close.

We will see what happens Friday night. This would have to be considered a "big" game. Cameron has the talent to win.

I'm definitely pulling for Yoe to prove me wrong and keep winning. I realize the China Spring loss doesn't tell us a lot because CS is near the top of 4AD1...they may well take it all. But, having seen Yoe in person the last two seasons and then seeing them this year, my take is there is substantial fall-off in the talent level. They'll be back in the coming year(s). I just don't see them getting out of their Region this year.

• Like 1

The best overall talent we had was in 2010 and 2012-2013. IMO, in 2014 we did more with less. Not taking anything away from that team, but that is how I saw it.

In terms of last year to this year, the major loss was Smith at RB. It's very difficult to replace that and our next top RB is a freshmen. Right now we have one of more talented group of receivers yet. At other positions, we are just lacking in more top end talent like we had with Adams at NG in 2015, and Wright and Luna in 2013/2012. All of those players have played or will play at the next level in some fashion. However, I still think as a group has enough talent as a whole to win.

I feel like out best chances to win are now or next season. We have a good shot of going back up to 4A next realignment.

The best overall talent we had was in 2010 and 2012-2013. IMO, in 2014 we did more with less. Not taking anything away from that team, but that is how I saw it.

In terms of last year to this year, the major loss was Smith at RB. It's very difficult to replace that and our next top RB is a freshmen. Right now we have one of more talented group of receivers yet. At other positions, we are just lacking in more top end talent like we had with Adams at NG in 2015, and Wright and Luna in 2013/2012. All of those players have played or will play at the next level in some fashion. However, I still think as a group has enough talent as a whole to win.

I feel like out best chances to win are now or next season. We have a good shot of going back up to 4A next realignment.

You can't replace Smith, also the NG last year was a difference maker. But until Yoe goes down in the playoffs, you just about have to pick them as the favorite each week.