Woodville (10-1) vs Cameron Yoe (9-2)

Eagleswoodville1

franklin lost to cameron and franklin beat 4 4a schools that all made the playoffs one was the dist champ and is in the 2nd round... just because woodville beat a madisonville team that has been down for some years only by 14 pts dont mean anything at this point. bring your A game or its goin to be a long night for woodville

ThAnks for the respect

We have also won state championships without being undefeated or winning a district championship, Yoe football changes in the playoffs. As far as talent im sure there is a lot of teams that would like to have our receivers on their team this year. We have a first year quarterback and a freshmen running back, I think that says a lot to have a winning season/being in the playoffs, and if we win tonight, it will just add more fuel to the fire, Go YOE!

lionpride08 wrote, on 16 Nov 2016 - 1:25 PM, said: "franklin lost to Cameron and franklin beat 4 4A schools that all made the playoffs, one was the dist champ and is in the 2nd round... just because Woodville beat a Madisonville team that has been down for some years only by 14 pts don't mean anything at this point..."

Wouldn't hang my hat or my football prognosticating on that comparison. You always have to look under the surface.

The 4 4A schools that Franklin beat have a combined 20-24 record, the bottom 3 of those 4 with a 12-21 record. Also, 3 of them lost in first round and were only there due to the number of teams that get into the playoffs. Those three didn't even have winning records entering the playoffs, i.e. Navasota 2-8. The one somewhat decent 4A team Franklin beat was Lorena and I would contend Lorena was still healing up after starting off with a brutal first two games against China Spring and La Vega. The only quality win Lorena has on the year is against Robinson, all the others, even the playoff win against Gonzales (5-6) were nothing to write home about.

bro you sound like a hater.... these 3a schools i repeat these 3A SCHOOLS move up to play 4 4a schools before their dist even starts... thats something that alot of teams dont or wont do and your saying that those are not good wins????? franklin stood up and said ya we will play navasota before any knew how good they would be this year same with cameron they said ya we will play cs. then after playing 4 4a schools they go into the dist of death were all 7 made the playoffs the year before.... ever team in 4a was bigger then us so your record of 4a schools dont matter

No, got no hate for Franklin. Just calling it like I see it. Certainly give kudos to 3A teams scheduling 4A teams, but that doesn't always translate to having played better teams than playing a quality team in the same classification. Yeah, guess I'm saying at least 3 of those 4 are not good wins.

Beat bay city as well. Still going in playoffs.

In order to beat Cameron, a team has to be able to drop 50 or more points on then, on average. I don't see Woodville being able to accomplish that. Rockdale only did it because of the 5 turnovers and returns. China...well. Nobody in 3a could stop them.

Yes, Yoe is good, but who have they beaten that they weren't expected to beat? Perhaps Bellville, the jury is still out on how good they are. Maybe Gatesville, but they turned out not so good. I'm pulling for Yoe and don't think any of my posts have indicated otherwise. Franklin was good too, but not a legitimate contender...certainly less so than Yoe. They did have the one win over a quality 4A Lorena, but then couldn't get it done against both Yoe and Rockdale.

Truth is, Yoe defense is questionable, but remove the big losses to CS and rockdale, they allow just 18 ppg. That's not bad at all IMO

Yoe can not stop the run so good, but been playing better with Vargas at linebacker. If Woodville keeps the ball away from Yoe offense it will be very tight game.

Can Woodville stop WR 88 and 17 the big question, they better double 88 or they going be in trouble.

Coach Brashear and staff better coach the Yoe defense up for this one or it could be early round ball and a whole lot of criticism coming out of Yoe Nation.