Henderson vs El Campo

Sportsfanatic1

Henderson vs El Campo  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it......

Obviously Smoaky.com has a strong East Texas biased so Henderson is going to be more popular on here. But in the last few years the Carthage people have come to appreciate EC. The 'what is a Ricebird" talk sort of died down. Henderson may win, but they will have to play well. And that is what the playoffs are all about.

El Campo has struggled with three teams this year............Wharton, Bay City and Stafford. Check out those teams personalities and you will see that speed and athletic receivers give EC problems. But as everyone knows, EC is use to that and somehow finds ways to win or keep it close and capitalize if you screw up (right Carthage folks?). The formula vs. Stafford was to keep the their potent offense on the bench. Stafford ran 12 plays in the second half. Wharton probably should have beat EC, but some crazy things happened and the Bay City game went OT. Henderson's talent and style will give EC problems, but one thing is for sure.............El Campo isn't going to be easy or lay down. They have been here before (more consistent and overall tradition than Henderson) and when they step on a field they expect to compete with anyone they face.

Obviously Smoaky.com has a strong East Texas biased so Henderson is going to be more popular on here. But in the last few years the Carthage people have come to appreciate EC. The 'what is a Ricebird" talk sort of died down. Henderson may win, but they will have to play well. And that is what the playoffs are all about.

El Campo has struggled with three teams this year............Wharton, Bay City and Stafford. Check out those teams personalities and you will see that speed and athletic receivers give EC problems. But as everyone knows, EC is use to that and somehow finds ways to win or keep it close and capitalize if you screw up (right Carthage folks?). The formula vs. Stafford was to keep the their potent offense on the bench. Stafford ran 12 plays in the second half. Wharton probably should have beat EC, but some crazy things happened and the Bay City game went OT. Henderson's talent and style will give EC problems, but one thing is for sure.............El Campo isn't going to be easy or lay down. They have been here before (more consistent and overall tradition than Henderson) and when they step on a field they expect to compete with anyone they face.

Carthage fans have definitely grown to respect the EC program. Since 2008 Carthage has either won the state championship or their respective region in 6 of those 8 years. We are 35-4 in the playoffs in that time. 50% of those losses have been to EC. Since 2007 (Surratt's first year) 4 teams have knocked us out of the playoffs. LH 2007, Argyle 2011, EC 2012, EC 2014, and La Vega 2015. EC is mentioned with some very good company. We have a ton of respect. I have respect for any team that is able to be successful with EC's formula. Hard nosed, right at you football. Have to respect it. We have had 2 battles. EC has been one of the few teams over the years in the playoffs that can match Carthage in the trenches. I expect that hasn't changed. This should be an absolute thriller of a game. I expect it to be decided very late. This Carthage fan is pulling for Henderson, but have nothing but respect for EC. I know what they bring to the table. They will show you their hand, and tell you to try and beat them. Gotta respect that.

Henderson will bring plenty of speed and play makers. They have scored on their first offensive play 4 times this season. My concern is stopping ECs power running game. Hendo D line and LBs are a little undersized but very quick. Lions cant let the Birds grind out 8 minute drives. Since 2010 Henderson is 15-3 in the playoffs with an SC, a trip to the semis and two trips to the quarters. They will not be an easy out either. Should be a great game...I have it as a tossup.

Henderson will bring plenty of speed and play makers. They have scored on their first offensive play 4 times this season. My concern is stopping ECs power running game. Hendo D line and LBs are a little undersized but very quick. Lions cant let the Birds grind out 8 minute drives. Since 2010 Henderson is 15-3 in the playoffs with an SC, a trip to the semis and two trips to the quarters. They will not be an easy out either. Should be a great game...I have it as a tossup.

+1

Two seemingly balanced teams with strengths in vastly different areas. Turnovers as usual tilt the balance. The Ricebirds like their turnovers with eggs & bacon, but will consider such table fare fine dining, especially tasty when served by Henderson in the midst of a Region III football game. Advantage Who?

QB: advantage – draw

RB: advantage - EC

O-line: advantage – EC

Receivers: advantage – Hendo

D-line & backers: advantage – EC

Secondary: advantage – Hendo

Special teams (receiving): advantage – Hendo

Special teams (kicking): advantage – EC

Final tally: Birds 31 – Lions 24

Safe travels, everyone.

Two seemingly balanced teams with strengths in vastly different areas. Turnovers as usual tilt the balance. The Ricebirds like their turnovers with eggs & bacon, but will consider such table fare fine dining, especially tasty when served by Henderson in the midst of a Region III football game. Advantage Who?

Safe travels, everyone.

QB: advantage - Hendo

RB: advantage - Hendo

Lion QB completing 66% with 24 tds and just 3 ints. Does not run a lot but makes it count averaging over 9 ypc with two over 75.

Lion RB is a TCU commit averaging 9.5 ypc

Final tally: Lions 35 - Birds 28

+1 on the safe travels.

RB: advantage - EC QB: advantage – draw

Safe travels, everyone.

Hold on I will try it again.

QB: advantage - Hendo

RB: advantage - Hendo

Lion QB completing 66% with 24 tds and just 3 ints. Does not run a lot but makes it count averaging over 9 ypc with two over 75.

Lion RB is a TCU commit averaging 9.5 ypc

Final tally: Lions 35 - Birds 28

+1 on the safe travels.

This. If they have the advantage at RB then Hendo is beat. They don't have a Van Zandt. I don't know about QB. EC might have the edge. Last time they had a young man named Brandl he was pretty dang good. One of the toughest runners I can remember.

Safe travels, everyone.

Have to disagree with them bud.

Henderson o-line are all 3 year starters really don't know about that one.

You have the secondary right it's the best I've ever seen here. When they have all 3 in the game there will be 3 D-1 players in the game. Ebner, Vanzandt and Childress (ULL was here watching him play last home game).

I'll add that ULL was very interested in a soph. we have also #44 but he will have numerous offers before it's done.

Saying the refs lost Henderson the game is like saying Kilgore spotted them 14 pts on the blown coverage (3rd play of the game) and the trick play or whatever it was(also blown coverage)...doesn't make sense..SMH!!!...its all part of the game and that's why you play...the bottom line is Henderson had plenty of opportunities to win that game...even after both penalties!!!...If Henderson was truly the better "TEAM" that night, they would have found a way to stop Kilgore the last drive or other times during the game....or found a way to score more throughout the game...BUT THEY DIDNT!!!!!!Bottom Line!!!...In the end, if it would have been the other way around and Kilgore in fact did lose 26-21...I would not STILL be saying the "Refs" lost us the game...I would man up and just admit Kilgore didn't get it done...Kilgore had plenty of opportunities to score more points, but didn't...

You right. You sho rigjht. Every word of that is right. We lost fair and square, I just don't like it when penalties decide a game rather than plays. Most people don't. And you guys won, so not sure why us losers are so calm about it and y'all are the ones so excited and defensive sounding? Lots of SHOUTING and !!!!!'s. Lol.

Try not to reply to that and keep it on how we are all fans of the 3 DOD teams left and hope they all won and the Henderson vs El Campo game. :)

What thread have you guys been reading? The overwhelming thought pattern here is a Henderson win. I made a case for an EC win and was about the only one until you Kilgore boys got lathered up. :) It is to be expected as most of the posters are likely East Texas fans. But just you wait until those corn-fed farm boys from down south get hold of you. Someone mentioned a dozer vs indy car. How about more like a Frieght Train vs. a Honda Civic. (sorry, could not resist). All the best to all you kitty cat and puppy dog lovers. Kinda fun to mix it up.

Not sure if you have seen Henderson's O line but every one of them looks pretty corn fed.

Lol not to mention we are winless there ( I believe)

This is going way back, but I think we won a playoff game there on a Saturday afternoon whatever year Kenyatta Neal was the RB. Not sure but think so. Were 11-0 and ranked #2 in 89 and lost to MP. And have lost pretty much everytime since, usually to whoever moved in to play for Gilmer that year. Lol

Hope that's not a "recruiting" comment violation. I said "moved in" not nothing else. :)