Round 2 - 3A Div 2 Area Playoff Game: Elysian Fields (11-0) vs Leon (9-2)

BigDave

Round 2 3A Div 2 Area Matchup  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a winner

I think EF keeps it rolling until they run up against Newton or Crockett. Both of them have some of the best ball hawking DBs you will see at any high school level. Very hard to beat them deep even if EF has time to throw deep routes. They also put a lot of pressure on the QB and will not let him get outside and run down the field. Their overall team speed on offense and defense is something EF hasn't even come close to seeing this year ...

I think EF keeps it rolling until they run up against Newton or Crockett. Both of them have some of the best ball hawking DBs you will see at any high school level. Very hard to beat them deep even if EF has time to throw deep routes. They also put a lot of pressure on the QB and will not let him get outside and run down the field. Their overall team speed on offense and defense is something EF hasn't even come close to seeing this year ...

Two good teams no doubt about that but on the other side I don't think they have face a team that can pass like EF either, at least not in their district

Two good teams no doubt about that but on the other side I don't think they have face a team that can pass like EF either, at least not in their district

That's true, except for playing each other. I honestly don't think you will see receivers running free on deep routes, or your QB with enough time to allow those routes to develop against either of their defenses .... your QB is an excellent passer and scrambler, but he's not going to have anywhere near the time to throw that he has playing teams in your district. Newton and Crockett are both head and shoulders better than anyone EF has faced during the regular season ... both of them have exceptionally fast defenses that can really pressure offenses. By the same token, I don't think EF's defense can slow down either of their balanced run/pass offenses.

That's true, except for playing each other. I honestly don't think you will see receivers running free on deep routes, or your QB with enough time to allow those routes to develop against either of their defenses .... your QB is an excellent passer and scrambler, but he's not going to have anywhere near the time to throw that he has playing teams in your district. Newton and Crockett are both head and shoulders better than anyone EF has faced during the regular season ... both of them have exceptionally fast defenses that can really pressure offenses. By the same token, I don't think EF's defense can slow down either of their balanced run/pass offenses.

We shall see hopefully, Newton and Crockett have heard this before only to get beat by teams not picked to beat them....

It could happen but Newton is gonna be a game...if we take care of business this week. Them boys showed out last night

as we saw here on Smoaky Waskom was waiving white flags before they even showed up. I'm sure it spread like fire thru the boys they couldn't win.

They was beat before the game even started

EF will win again. Newton was a great team, they are fast. But unlike others I say EF can beat them. Protect Logan and let him do what he does. I agree with JJ about some raising the white flag early. I don't understand it when they know the team will see it or hear about it. These guys needed everyone to get around them a cheer them on. Ride or Die Wildcat for life. Wanting EF to run the table and bring home all the hardware.

• Like 1

+100