Round 2 - 3A Div 2 Area Playoff Game: Elysian Fields (11-0) vs Leon (9-2)

BigDave

Round 2 3A Div 2 Area Matchup  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a winner

In my opinion the Newton team I saw was on par with the EB team that thrashed EF over in Waco. Should the game happen I will pull for EF though.

That EB team would have thrashed any 3A team that I've ever seen, except for the 06 Tatum team (2A back then.) Newton not same caliber team as either of those two.

that eb team was better than most college teams. I don't know if there will ever be another team in 3a that was as salty as them

They was tough no doubt but there have been several 3a teams just as good since that EB '12 team....Brock, Cameron Yoe, Waskom, Newton, Franklin just to name a few...I mean you take Ty Salina off that team is like taking Chan Amie from Waskom..JS!

Looks like spread on off and a 4-3 with a single safety with them playing against a spread offense

Thanks

the only thing that i know about leon offense is that they ran the wing t last year and now that are in the spread not sure on the d but it might be 4-3

Thank you Sir!

Well I think this needs to be on page 1, at least a little while. What is the weather supposed to be like at Whitehouse at gametime? Last time I was there we watched Hughes Springs playing Centerville in 2012. That was a great game!

great football atmosphere

that eb team was better than most college teams. I don't know if there will ever be another team in 3a that was as salty as them

Let's don't get carried away here. Slanina is playing for TCU but he is not a household name all over. Big gap between 3a teams and college teams.

Go and handle your business with Leon. 1 game at a time. I think you guys have what it takes this year. My opinion is that we made Newton look a lot better then they really are. Not taking anything from them, they are good but can be beat. 1 game at a time EF. Enjoy the run. I have the last 3 years. Safe and injury free game for both team and fans!

• Like 3

Go and handle your business with Leon. 1 game at a time. I think you guys have what it takes this year. My opinion is that we made Newton look a lot better then they really are. Not taking anything from them, they are good but can be beat. 1 game at a time EF. Enjoy the run. I have the last 3 years. Safe and injury free game for both team and fans!

+100

I have read these posts all week long about how weak the district is, how bad it's going to be. The one thing I will say about this game, win lose or draw at 7 p.m. the game is going to start and the cougars will show up. They play hard, they will hit you, and while they respect elysian fields they aren't scared. We are just happy to be playing and Lord willing we will be practicing during Thanksgiving. Coogs in a close one.

I have read these posts all week long about how weak the district is, how bad it's going to be. The one thing I will say about this game, win lose or draw at 7 p.m. the game is going to start and the cougars will show up. They play hard, they will hit you, and while they respect elysian fields they aren't scared. We are just happy to be playing and Lord willing we will be practicing during Thanksgiving. Coogs in a close one.

Hey that ain't coming from ef fans. At this point in the season no team can take any team for granted. Pray for a injury free game on both sides and safe travels for the teams and fans.

• Like 1

Not from EF fans but long as we win by 1 is all that matters and I do feel it will be a closer game than last week

+1...

Them EF fans are the worse..

Lol